• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I had Snake Eater for the 3DS; on the last boss battle my game crashed, and when I loaded it back up, it put me four bosses back but didn't retain any of the ammo I used afterwards. I couldn't beat it as a result.

Get the Phoenix Wright trilogy; not only is it $30 for three full games, but also it's a godlike series.
Actually, I just got EO4 on download. Didn't think I'd like making maps...I was wrong. Cartography is awesome. Thank you based @mimgrim !!!!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
PARAGON AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

for real though nerds are we tryna meet up for a giant *** PMS Denny's dinner or something? lets make plans
I'm going to be leaving SD around 7 so I don't know what's up.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So

Last night I made that Marth x Midna fanfic I was writing 18+

It was a true instance of

I feel like I've made a terrible mistake.

SunJester

Smash Ace
hi
my tag is two words

please and thank you!~
I'll remember that for next time.

Also NZA had a pretty sick idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3jkxpv/thoughtevery_major_pm_stream_should_host_paragon/

I know some of you run some streams, and if you all hosted PMC, or AZPM, it would be a really great show of solidarity from the PM community. Even if you have a smaller stream, and you've never cracked 10 viewers, I still think it would be a great symbolic gesture.

Not saying you have to, but I personally really like the idea.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
question/request

for anyone who has too much time on their hands and wants to make life better for all of us

would it be possible to make a PM match database service kinda like like melty db (http://www.meltydb.com/index.php), (I know there's ones for other fighting games but meltydb was the first to come to mind) where you could search for high-level matches by character

like it'd basically be the best players by character thread except it would work by adding a few supported channels (basically all the major streaming ones who upload to youtube, as well as other competitive regional ones) and then just adding tags and allowing you to search by character

can someone do this please

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Big Boss hardly saying a thing during cutscenes, codec completely absent, every guard post feeling the same, opening credits spoiling surprises, story missions that feel like secondary missions, having to go through soooooo many menus and crap to get some action... And all I get from most story missions is Miller talking crap about Cipher after finishing them.

The more I play the game the more I wished I was playing Peace Walker instead.
I think the game is unfinished due to the whole Konami/Kojima split

That was my first thought when I got to the open world and noticed that basically nothing happens when you're not at an enemy camp

It gets even worse when you find out that
the ending to the game, as well as the final boss, was cut before release

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
You wouldn't be talkative either after a decade in a coma and having the language center of your brain damaged by shrapnel.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You wouldn't be talkative either after a decade in a coma and having the language center of your brain damage by shrapnel.
I lol'd.

I'm enjoying MGSV a lot (losing sleep to it even, a first time for me in a long while), but the criticisms are valid. Feels more like a game than a cinematic blockbuster; that's my biggest complaint.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think the game is unfinished due to the whole Konami/Kojima split

That was my first thought when I got to the open world and noticed that basically nothing happens when you're not at an enemy camp

It gets even worse when you find out that
the ending to the game, as well as the final boss, was cut before release
Yo... really?

That's a superb bummer. Granted, I loved the fight against it, but this would have had just that much more emotional power. Especially the Lord of the Flies element of it.

I mean, I still absolutely love this game, but this thing getting cut just kind of sounds like it was a result of the Konami-Kojima drama at full force, affecting the players the most.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What I've played so far, I'd say it captures the feeling of what it might be like to be a mercenary for hire pretty damn awesomely. You can do pretty much whatever you want on the battlefield with your comrades as support, building your base and gathering resources is fun unlike the whole Snake Eater survival mechanic, and the gameplay has that quirky charm that Metal Gear is famous for.

Yeah, not seeing crazy long cutscenes about the philosophy of being a soldier and geopoltiical happenings or too many kooky characters or even really caring about the story of revenge at all.

The world of the game is extremely well-realized without needing to lean on a cinema presentation too much, and I don't think that we can blame the split for that. This was the way the game was developed throughout and it is obviously the direction Kojima productions wanted to go with the many years they had, a few pieces of cut content or not. For this level of detail you have to sacrifice some other stuff people might want which is a fair trade off.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Guys plz. Surely someone here is at their room for paragon playing PM.
I need to play PM. Tired of sitting in this ****ing lobby at the ****ing doubletree hotel

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Tfw no hot anime mom to wave goodbye to you at the gate before boarding

Might as well sudoku now

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Do you guys think the September 11th patch will give us any story-related content? I've seen so many conspiracy theories about how Kojima is playing us like a damn fiddle and some of them are pretty convincing.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Do you guys think the September 11th patch will give us any story-related content? I've seen so many conspiracy theories about how Kojima is playing us like a damn fiddle and some of them are pretty convincing.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
For those interested, that old flash animation series Super Mario Bros. Z is getting rebooted

Life

Smash Hero
Yo guys, minor technical question. So I was making a second PM setup, because reasons. I have a 1GB SD card that's seen some use and is down to around 800MB usable space. I used to use it back in the 3.0 days, but since then PM's gotten a little bigger than that (just shy of a gig). I managed to get it to fit just barely, by deleting all the brstms and one of the stage files (I think it was 64 Zebes or 64 Sector Z?). Should I expect that to cause any crashing or other problems? When future versions drop, what files can I safely get rid of without causing major issues in order to fit PM onto a too-small card? Music obviously, but ASL stages? Other commonly-banned stages like PM Rumble Falls? Can I safely get rid of any skins?

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Yo guys, minor technical question. So I was making a second PM setup, because reasons. I have a 1GB SD card that's seen some use and is down to around 800MB usable space. I used to use it back in the 3.0 days, but since then PM's gotten a little bigger than that (just shy of a gig). I managed to get it to fit just barely, by deleting all the brstms and one of the stage files (I think it was 64 Zebes or 64 Sector Z?). Should I expect that to cause any crashing or other problems? When future versions drop, what files can I safely get rid of without causing major issues in order to fit PM onto a too-small card? Music obviously, but ASL stages? Other commonly-banned stages like PM Rumble Falls? Can I safely get rid of any skins?
here's what you should do
in all seriousness i wouldnt toy with the stages too much, or anything besides music really, seems like it could cause instability

Life

Smash Hero
@ bec bec Well, the joke's on me anyways: turns out I didn't fit the apps or codes folder in. (Fake edit: But I was able to make room by deleting the 7MB addon that's included with PM! Thanks for the advice, gonna try it now and see if there's a problem. I'd have to buy another Brawl disc anyway to complete the set, so if it gets super important I'd just buy a new card then; this is mostly for backup purposes right now, or emergency the-weekly-needs-setups-badly situations.)

Real edit: it hangs on Now Loading. RIP? Gonna experiment a bit.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man i know I've been gone and lost from the internet for a bit but hot damn i can't believe I'm now hearing about this MKX ass beating

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What I've played so far, I'd say it captures the feeling of what it might be like to be a mercenary for hire pretty damn awesomely. You can do pretty much whatever you want on the battlefield with your comrades as support, building your base and gathering resources is fun unlike the whole Snake Eater survival mechanic, and the gameplay has that quirky charm that Metal Gear is famous for.

Yeah, not seeing crazy long cutscenes about the philosophy of being a soldier and geopoltiical happenings or too many kooky characters or even really caring about the story of revenge at all.

The world of the game is extremely well-realized without needing to lean on a cinema presentation too much, and I don't think that we can blame the split for that. This was the way the game was developed throughout and it is obviously the direction Kojima productions wanted to go with the many years they had, a few pieces of cut content or not. For this level of detail you have to sacrifice some other stuff people might want which is a fair trade off.
have you tried listening to the casettes

cause it sounds like you havent listened to the casettes at all

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yo im at the doubletree, anyone wanna play?

Tweet at me, @captainmeiling

Last edited:
Top Bottom