• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
I'd much rather PMC opened up a patreon than seek revenue via hitbox. I know they should get paid for this tournament, thats not even a question, but I feel a move to hitbox isn't going to help viewership, and I think the patreon is a good work around.

Overall not a fan of this move.
As others have pointed out on Reddit it seems very unlikely that this is profit motivated, or even an attempt to start to move the community over to a different service, as they would've made/announced this decision far more in advance. Grab your tinfoil hats boys cause the only possible conclusion I can draw is that Twitch (or someone) is clamping down even harder on them and telling TLOC that they can't even stream on an alternate Twitch channel :/

I hope there's a better explanation than that though cause otherwise we're kinda ****ed, but it's the same impression that I got when they first announced PMC, that their hand was being forced and they're doing their best to somewhat salvage it.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
As others have pointed out on Reddit it seems very unlikely that this is profit motivated, or even an attempt to start to move the community over to a different service, as they would've made/announced this decision much more in advance. Grab your tinfoil hats boys cause the only possible conclusion I can draw is that Twitch (or someone) is clamping down even harder on them and telling TLOC that they can't even stream on an alternate Twitch channel :/

I hope there's a better explanation than that though cause otherwise we're kinda ****ed, but it's the same impression that I got when they first announced PMC, that their hand was being forced and they're doing their best to somewhat salvage it.
Well their stream was having a bunch of technical difficulties these past few weeks haven't they? Wasn't there an IAB where the stream was down for most of it? If so I doubt this is a weeks-old ruse to find a reason to move it to hitbox

Bazkip

Smash Master
Well their stream was having a bunch of technical difficulties these past few weeks haven't they? Wasn't there an IAB where the stream was down for most of it? If so I doubt this is a weeks-old ruse to find a reason to move it to hitbox
Streaming service should be irrelevant to that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's clear that TWITCH IS ACTIVELY SUPPRESSING PROJECT M BY THROWING IN A TECHNICAL PROBLEM OR TWO WITH THE BIGGEST PM STREAM.
@ Bazkip Bazkip @ drakargx drakargx @ KayB KayB
Should I put on my tin-foil hat now?
I mean, it really is plausible. I don't think probable, though.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
As others have pointed out on Reddit it seems very unlikely that this is profit motivated, or even an attempt to start to move the community over to a different service, as they would've made/announced this decision much more in advance. Grab your tinfoil hats boys cause the only possible conclusion I can draw is that Twitch (or someone) is clamping down even harder on them and telling TLOC that they can't even stream on an alternate Twitch channel :/

PMS Crew hanging out.

We on to you twitch.

Jet Fuel Twitch Problems only for PM streams?!

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Little investigative stuff here.

6 hours before the announcement, they post a multi-twitch with PMC (the twitch account) and VGBC.

6 hours later, (obvs)

They post a tweet saying they're moving to hitbox.

Nebtune's response.

Hey folks! As some of you may know, we've been running into technical issues with our weekly stream - Infinity and Beyond.

Our goal is to provide the highest quality streaming experience for our viewers. To ensure a problem free stream, we have decided that we will be streaming the PM side of Paragon on Hitbox.tv/projectmcentral

We hope that you enjoy the quality controls and new chat features that come along with this move
Very short, very sudden move to hitbox, with no follow up. There's no, "We're moving due to streaming under PM on hitbox" or "we're moving so we can get revenue from hitbox" or "we're moving cuz whatever reason"

Nothing, none of the TLoc people have responded since that tweet. This is very reminiscent of their move to PMC, which we know (thanks Plup, you the GOAT) is because Twitch is pressuring any partnered stream not to play PM. So is it possible that they've pressured un-partnered streams to stop streaming twitch all together? By threatening their "partnered" counterparts? (So things like GGS2, ProjectTO, VSPM etc would be in danger)

zman804

Smash Ace
I'm glad someone is using their brain, though not all of that is correct. AZPM will also be on hitbox tomorrow for (what I assume) is the same "technical issues". I honestly don't know anymore than ya'll and am a bit worried, but if Hitbox doesn't hate us than all we can do is make that house a home.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm glad someone is using their brain, though not all of that is correct. AZPM will also be on hitbox tomorrow for (what I assume) is the same "technical issues". I honestly don't know anymore than ya'll and am a bit worried, but if Hitbox doesn't hate us than all we can do is make that house a home.
Well ****.

We've bounced back from worse. Lets spam that ****in' link so everyone knows that you and TLoC are streaming on hitbox. We can do this boys.

Who wants to start a massive re-tweet of the links to the PM streams on hitbox? Lets get a multi-stream set up for them and RT it as much as we can?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh, well I guess that means it doesn't have to do with unpartnered accounts that are affiliated with partnered accounts, but anything that gets too much spotlight? Question is how big is that spotlight...is it just this cause it's the largest PM tournament, or are the bigger PM streamers going to be completely forced off Twitch from now on?

Diego Brando

Smash Cadet
do you have a link to your hitbox yet?

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think i just figured it out, i'm pretty sure the answer is

you guys dont know **** about the thing

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder that if you think there's some snakey **** going on, you're probably not wrong.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er
Um, I was googling my waifu Samus, and suddenly articles say she is trams but not but is wot Internet?
SJW bull****. Laugh and move on. ...Also, if you drew that image further up, so far, so good, bruh.
Friendly reminder that if you think there's some snakey **** going on, you're probably not wrong.

George Orwell would be turning in his grave.

Last edited:
Top Bottom