• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Its called killing off units you dont like, why doesn't anyone know this game changing secret.
Just make the ****boi on your team run towards the OP enemy and watch him take a bullet for an ally.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
What kind of ****ty tactician would throw away a unit because they don't like them instead of having them die in glorious combat when the time calls for a tough decision instead?

0/10 commander/lord would not hire

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hey. I once missed a 99% chance to hit and got hit when I had a 99% chance to avoid in Radiant Dawn.

Get on my level with RNG ****ing you over,

Helsong

Smash Ace
All FE's post Thracia 776 run double rolls.
Don't spread liez.
Really? Maybe Sacred Stones used it's numbers differently then, or I'm just full of it. I apologize.

All right, starting my run now. Here's the rules I've decided upon:
The game is FE7. I'll be going through Lyn's story first, then onto Eliwood's. Lyn's on Hard, Eli's on Normal. I might do Hector Hard Mode later if I'm really spoiling for some delicious sorrow and pain.
No restarting if a unit dies. If I get a Game Over, I'm done. Run is over.
"Genre-blindness", I don't know meta-knowledge. I don't know which units are going to be good, or have great growths, or which ones are bad, etc. So I'll be using units for just how useful they are once i get them and how good they stay.
No arena grinding for more than 3 levels per unit. This is just so I don't utterly break the game.
No grinding turns for supports.
No RNG manipulation whatsoever.

And that's the restrictions. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but this much should be ok, unless someone else comes up with an interesting rule. Wish me luck, PMS. I might even practice PM as I'm doing this stuff.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Really? Maybe Sacred Stones used it's numbers differently then, or I'm just full of it. I apologize.

All right, starting my run now. Here's the rules I've decided upon:
The game is FE7. I'll be going through Lyn's story first, then onto Eliwood's. Lyn's on Hard, Eli's on Normal. I might do Hector Hard Mode later if I'm really spoiling for some delicious sorrow and pain.
No restarting if a unit dies. If I get a Game Over, I'm done. Run is over.
"Genre-blindness", I don't know meta-knowledge. I don't know which units are going to be good, or have great growths, or which ones are bad, etc. So I'll be using units for just how useful they are once i get them and how good they stay.
No arena grinding for more than 3 levels per unit. This is just so I don't utterly break the game.
No grinding turns for supports.
No RNG manipulation whatsoever.

And that's the restrictions. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything, but this much should be ok, unless someone else comes up with an interesting rule. Wish me luck, PMS. I might even practice PM as I'm doing this stuff.
You forgot using up all your resources in Lyn's final chapter to tank out all of Lundgren's spear and then grind all your characters until they run out of weapon uses. That is a legit thing. (Boss recovery abuse?)

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Its called killing off units you dont like, why doesn't anyone know this game changing secret.
Just make the ****boi on your team run towards the OP enemy and watch him take a bullet for an ally.
I did this for a while if they died too much at the beginning of the game, I restart no matter what if anyone dies now but I didn't care a week ago. RIP **** bow guy and some dude on a horse that sucked. I don't even remember their names.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I did this for a while if they died too much at the beginning of the game, I restart no matter what if anyone dies now but I didn't care a week ago. RIP **** bow guy and some dude on a horse that sucked. I don't even remember their names.
In which game? haha
rip Virion and Stahl?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
np.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/325oz1/anyone_know_what_happened_here/

TIL: melee has a bug with marth's moves when the tree on DL64 blinks

pay attention to that weird "1/4 an utilt and then marth gives up"
I never seen this before WTF.

Helsong

Smash Ace
You forgot using up all your resources in Lyn's final chapter to tank out all of Lundgren's spear and then grind all your characters until they run out of weapon uses. That is a legit thing. (Boss recovery abuse?)
Ah, I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, we want this run to be as cheeseless as possible.
I think I got Lyn's entire party to level 20. It was dumb. Even moreso when I got them back in Eliwood's story and they just kinda trounced everything.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
In which game? haha
rip Virion and Stahl?
*googles names*
Yeah that's them, I wonder if I ****ed up letting them die. I've been doing well without them so far.

Last edited:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
This fire emblem discussion really makes me want to play a FE game again. Only FE game I remember playing was path of radiance through a USB loader and then it was unable to get past some cutscene, so I permanently stopped at like chapter 8. Which FE game should I play either soon or during the summer?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I wouldn't let either of them die and one is important for story reasons slightly and the other is a good ass parent.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This fire emblem discussion really makes me want to play a FE game again. Only FE game I remember playing was path of radiance through a USB loader and then it was unable to get past some cutscene, so I permanently stopped at like chapter 8. Which FE game should I play either soon or during the summer?
Finish POR. IT"S a good game. Also as a newbie, FE 7,8 or Awakening should also work. IF you trying to get physical copies have fun paying some money.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Here's my FE7 rules:
-> Do Lyn mode
-> Get Sain to level 15
-> Use Wallace's Knight Crest on Sain
-> Enjoy your second Marcus on HHM.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Sucks about BH5. I might've been able to make it to that one. This trend seriously irritates me. Like, I get PM can't be involved while the rest of smash goes esports, especially since a lot of sponsors needed to run these huge tourneys well won't even touch PM. Doesn't make it suck any less.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
@ supascoot supascoot source? I don't want to get pissed over yet another major tournament dropping pm when it's just someone making a bait post.

If the latter, good job. You're now a jerk
;-;

Helsong

Smash Ace
Nope, not bait. They announced it on the I'm Not Yelling stream.
I dunno what getting pissed is gonna solve, though. I am pissed, but it feels really ineffectual.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Well, do we know why? Or are we given the ever valuable silent treatment again?

And I don't know, maybe with Apex, CEO and now BH 5 dropping pm, it's kind of angering that all we have to assume is NDA's (for the most part) because of a deal they struck with whoever for more setups or cash or w/e.

I'm pissed because, bar CEO, we have had nothing but silence when asking why and people going all "why get so worked up for just a mod" when pm people flip their **** over something we're passionate about.

It's just been getting to me lately, I guess.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Today I entered a tournament as Optimus Rhyme. Obligatory image:
Got 9th. Two away from getting paid.(I think)
...I am so tight right now.
(edited for accuracy, I didn't know)

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Well, do we know why? Or are we given the ever valuable silent treatment again?

And I don't know, maybe with Apex, CEO and now BH 5 dropping pm, it's kind of angering that all we have to assume is NDA's (for the most part) because of a deal they struck with whoever for more setups or cash or w/e.

I'm pissed because, bar CEO, we have had nothing but silence when asking why and people going all "why get so worked up for just a mod" when pm people flip their **** over something we're passionate about.

It's just been getting to me lately, I guess.
Silent treatment, probably. Kicker is, it doesn't even need to be Nintendo directly doing anything, their mere presence in the Smash scene means that everyone's walking on eggshells when it comes to PM and sponsors won't touch the game out of fear of screwing up possible future relationships.

Basically, PM gets shoved out of tourneys. And it might just be because people are making standard everyday business decisions.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
This player cam quality is crazy http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash

I still need to find a cheap protective suitcase for one or two GCCs. I remember there was a reddit thread on it but nobody suggested much, except for one guy I think who bought this modifiable foam case

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
open up project m tournament stream

see strong bad playing fox in grand finals

close project m tournament stream

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, it's probably gonna turn out that way. PM community's just gonna need to be self sufficient while everyone else eats at the esports table. Woooooo.
It's so annoying that this is happening. I just started playing this game recently, and it's the most fun I've ever had playing Smash, casually or competitively. Sakurai, take some goddamn notes, this is what Brawl should've been.

zman804

Smash Ace
So I feel like the biggest jackass in the world for even making this but things are how they are so yeah I really feel awful about his like I hate people who do this but things aren't free and I want to grow but it's hard given my current situation. I don't know how I'm going to talk about this with a strait face but yeah.

https://www.patreon.com/azprojectmelee

EDIT: Hey guys sometimes coincidences aren't coincidences please read between the lines and think critically.

Last edited:
Top Bottom