• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am such a goddamn professional look how I capitalize ****.

Truth is I often forget to put that image up when I'm drinking, but it's all obfuscation, you never know!

edit dammit zach why you gotta post before me

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I am openly taking ideas to Project Meme, however your idea might be bad or not relevant because I don't want to work on etc character

MEME! (I'll release it eventually, I need to make/polish 8 characters for a Demo 1)
just going to constantly remind you about ganon wielding ike wielding ragnell.

and i heard tell that you were going to give him cstick aerials where everything was stomp, just in different directions. please do. that's way too silly.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I am openly taking ideas to Project Meme, however your idea might be bad or not relevant because I don't want to work on etc character

MEME! (I'll release it eventually, I need to make/polish 8 characters for a Demo 1)
Make ROB's dthrow have a (weak) paralyzer effect (or a bury effect which would make sense given the animation)
bthrow/fthrow 0 degree angle
uthrow has explosion effect and kills early
ROB's airdashes so fast that if you don't interrupt with an aerial quick enough you SD off the side
every laser a super laser
interuptable fairs (alternatively, make his fair a reverse version of his bair)
no friction on gyro so it just slides when you shoot it
interruptible utilt/dtilt
over-the-shoulder angle on dsmash+ less endlag
windboxes on grounded side-b
stupid hitlag on fsmash
nair always autocancels
jab 2 early interrupt into jab 1 for a looping rapid jab of sorts

all his taunts spin his torso/head, you could give them hitboxes

Unless you have some kind of working theme, I just wanted to exaggerate stupid stuff to make him "reasonably" broken

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

If you teach me how to use the ghetto old version of PSA I would do the trainer pogeymons for you

The last time I tried to use it I changed one value on watergun for squirtle and then his up b crashed pm

D

Deleted member

I think I might just revert ROB to 2.1 and then say **** you rob players

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

Make diddy's down b pull 3 bananas at once

And then make the rest of him falcon

D

Deleted member

from page 78 of this very thread:

<Strong_Mad>: so how have you been learning patient play?
<JCaesar>: i dunno, there's no trick to it, i just force myself to camp and poke and wall and look for openings
<JCaesar>: i try never to approach
<JCaesar>: but i still do
<JCaesar>: i can't help it
<Strong_Mad>: hmm
<Strong_Mad>: i can help you with that
<JCaesar>: at least i use a gyro to approach
<JCaesar>: which almost always works
<Strong_Mad>: i want you to reframe patience
<Strong_Mad>: i don't actually think patient play is a good idea
<Strong_Mad>: you lose a lot of the good things that go with being proactive
<Strong_Mad>: usually what i tell people is
<Strong_Mad>: it's not that you have to wait
<Strong_Mad>: it's that you GET to wait
<Strong_Mad>: and being able to choose when you engage your opponent is REALLY REALLY UNFAIR
<Strong_Mad>: because conditions change constantly throughout the match
<JCaesar>: haha
<Strong_Mad>: so instead of "i have to wait here"
<Strong_Mad>: force yourself to think "ok i GET to wait and i can try to change the conditions of the match until something good happens for me"
<Strong_Mad>: usually that makes it much easier
<JCaesar>: i get what you mean
<Strong_Mad>: so when you throw the gyro
<Strong_Mad>: it's not like
<JCaesar>: and it's not like i ignore opportunities in favor of waiting
<Strong_Mad>: ok i'm gonna harass them and go in
<Strong_Mad>: think of it like
<JCaesar>: it's just my go-to neutral state
<Strong_Mad>: putting out a fishing line?
<Strong_Mad>: maybe they'll bite, maybe not
<Strong_Mad>: either way, you're fine
<Strong_Mad>: the gyro is a good way to change the conditions of the match
<Strong_Mad>: same w/ falco lasers
<Strong_Mad>: it's not like every falco approach is laser laser shine, it's like, shoot them until they jump, and then bair them because i got to wait for them to jump ha ha ha falco is stupid
<Strong_Mad>: (falco is REALLY stupid)
<JCaesar>: hmm ok
<JCaesar>: i will think on this
<Strong_Mad>: it's just reframing how you look at it
<Strong_Mad>: but like everything else, you can practice how you see the world and how you interact with it from there
<Strong_Mad>: it's a very powerful tool in and out of smash
<Strong_Mad>: anyway it should at least solve the patience thing
*** Strong_Mad is now known as Umbreon
<Umbreon>: back to being a douchebag

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Holy **** hotel waifu called me cute and said she was gonna miss me

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Skin color does not affect intelligence, but one could not be blamed for thinking it plays a part with stuff like that existing.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Anybody good with Java here wants to lend me a hand ? I've been stuck shoulders deep in documentation for 3 days and it's driving me nuts.

I'm struggling with SSL Sockets. It's saying Yahoo's and Gmail's certificates aren't ok, so I have a hard time trusting it. Wtf is going on.

I can let you peak at my code if you want to, but in private. The prof uses a slightly overzealous anti-plagiarism software that has punished students in the past for asking for help on stack overflow.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
^ I'm a Luigi main in Brawl and this made me happy
saw java and was like wow i'll help. then i saw "ssl sockets". i'm out
I just ragequitted. I'm just going to use an open source server without SSL or something for demonstration purposes.

D

Deleted member

me bec and kayecruiser played mario kart and smash until 4 am and im dead inside

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Welp, I got wrecked hard so many times at Bowser's Revenge in friendlies yesterday. It was fun and eye-opening. I learned a lot.

Also hung out with @bec and @Umbreon pretty much all night. I've never seen so many Blue Shells hit the same person in MKWii offline. XD

**** your Automatic BS, by the way, Umbreon. ¦( -practicing it right now himself-

But yeah, can't wait to hang with you guys again sometime. Especially for PM. (Hunter ad Meteor Smash tho) We should also watch some stuff together sometime.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Anyone have recommendations for good (free) podcasts?

I'm tryna catch up on some PS requests today.
Superbestfriends cast

They do weekly pod casts, such funny guys. I recommend it if you follow their let's plays at all, even if not because they are awesome

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Superbestfriends cast

They do weekly pod casts, such funny guys. I recommend it if you follow their let's plays at all, even if not because they are awesome
I was just bout to say that Softie LMAO. I love those nerds.

Also if your into the FGC and tournament update and politics Meterburn Podcast with Blacktastic works, also Super Desperation Radio, Avoiding the Puddle for Tekken, Soul Calibur randomly and NRS game from time to time, Dream Cancel Live for KOF13 and the Show that Sucks. For Smash 64 there is SSB64 podcast. For general gaming stuff hatebitpodcast, Mega 64 podcast, Co-Optional podcast with Total Biscuit, Restuplay podcast from time to time and 2 broke gamers podcast along with this Nintendo Life podcast for general gaming stuff. Non gaming releated Joe Rogan has a podcast called the Joe Rogan podcast.

EDIT: I'm a huge podcast nerd BTW I tend to listen to about 3-5 a week.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Last night I was getting a little upset that I wasn't able to convert what I do in practice, like dash dancing, to an actual match and I was venting a bit in the netplay chat. Ended up talking to this guy who told me that I should be dash dancing to bait out moves and to be patient about it, that way I can punish and take stage control and go into edgeguarding. The chat log @Umbreon posted also helped reinforced this but in a different way: by waiting the opponent out I can choose when and how I want to punish them. I woke up today and started playing friendlies, trying to keep their advice in mind and I think it helped a lot, I was still losing a bunch but I felt like when I got a grab off I was able to keep control, even for a little bit.

One thing that bothered me in the friendlies however was that I was losing to people who weren't trying to bait me out necessarily, rather they just went in charging guns ablazing with attacks that come out fast. It made me think of some of my ranked matches, where I would get bodied by people who just charged in and get me off stage immediately, and by the time I got on the stage again I would be at like 80%. Some of this is due to me just not knowing what I'm capable of vs what they are, for example I'll see Ike throwing out and fsmash and I instinctively shield it when I know full well I can just run out of range and then because because zss is fast like that. There was one person in particular who had me absolutely confused on what to do against his pit/metaknight. He was literally mashing buttons and would walk up to me and forward tilt and he was wrecking me because I couldn't get out of his "combos". I guess this is maybe an experience thing, but how do you deal with people who go all in immediately from the start of the game? Should I still be trying to bait out their moves, which come out faster than mine? I've tried matching their aggression with my own but almost always it doesn't work out for me.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Last night I was getting a little upset that I wasn't able to convert what I do in practice, like dash dancing, to an actual match and I was venting a bit in the netplay chat. Ended up talking to this guy who told me that I should be dash dancing to bait out moves and to be patient about it, that way I can punish and take stage control and go into edgeguarding. The chat log @Umbreon posted also helped reinforced this but in a different way: by waiting the opponent out I can choose when and how I want to punish them. I woke up today and started playing friendlies, trying to keep their advice in mind and I think it helped a lot, I was still losing a bunch but I felt like when I got a grab off I was able to keep control, even for a little bit.

One thing that bothered me in the friendlies however was that I was losing to people who weren't trying to bait me out necessarily, rather they just went in charging guns ablazing with attacks that come out fast. It made me think of some of my ranked matches, where I would get bodied by people who just charged in and get me off stage immediately, and by the time I got on the stage again I would be at like 80%. Some of this is due to me just not knowing what I'm capable of vs what they are, for example I'll see Ike throwing out and fsmash and I instinctively shield it when I know full well I can just run out of range and then because because zss is fast like that. There was one person in particular who had me absolutely confused on what to do against his pit/metaknight. He was literally mashing buttons and would walk up to me and forward tilt and he was wrecking me because I couldn't get out of his "combos". I guess this is maybe an experience thing, but how do you deal with people who go all in immediately from the start of the game? Should I still be trying to bait out their moves, which come out faster than mine? I've tried matching their aggression with my own but almost always it doesn't work out for me.

Top Bottom