• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
open up project m tournament stream

see strong bad playing fox in grand finals

close project m tournament stream
Looool I'm sorry, it's the only way I can beat Zach's Tink it would seem.

I really wanna beat him in just one set x__x I'm like 0-8 now.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I am an FE scrub. Horribly and totally. I'm doing Ch. 4, where you defend Dorcas's wife. I do my usual, and it's progressing smoothly, no one has died, and Lyn's gotten some mediocre stat growths. So, pretty standard.
And then I forget about reinforcements. Lyn gets an axe in her skull. Game Over. Teh urn is ded.
I'm sorry PMS. My FE skills are shamefully terrible.
I'm curious what rules I'd need to add for Sacred Stones if I decide to do that Hardcore Cheeseless. I haven't explored that game as totally as FE7, but...
Maybe FE12? I never got around to beating that one.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I am an FE scrub. Horribly and totally. I'm doing Ch. 4, where you defend Dorcas's wife. I do my usual, and it's progressing smoothly, no one has died, and Lyn's gotten some mediocre stat growths. So, pretty standard.
And then I forget about reinforcements. Lyn gets an axe in her skull. Game Over. Teh urn is ded.
I'm curious what rules I'd need to add for Sacred Stones if I decide to do that Hardcore Cheeseless. I haven't explored that game as totally as FE7, but...
I honestly don't know about FE8. FE8 is pretty easy actually but maybe solo Seth runs. Also Seth is OP for a pre premote BTW.

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 Well, the idea here being that I don't use meta-knowledge at all. Probably also not use map encounters? I'm not sure if SS is balanced under the assumption that the player would grind or not, hence why I'm hesitant about it. I think PoR would be a better one to tackle, or maybe do FE12 since I just don't know the game that well, which would let me avoid cheese, hopefully.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You can grind in FE8 cause it has a world map but not it later once towers open up but it's up to you.

Helsong

Smash Ace
You can grind in FE8 cause it has a world map but not it later once towers open up but it's up to you.
Yeah, like I said, I'd need to actually look at the power curve of the enemies and see if the game anticipates you grinding at any point.
Even then, I don't think SS is that hard, though? I remember having a super easy time with it.

So, uh....Zelda? I didn't expect her to be so hard to deal with, but she is. I bait stuff out and punish, but then I try to follow up and get Nayru'd. That hitbox is deceptively long ranged. Or even if I think I've got a guaranteed followup on her, her damn floatiness just means it takes me too long and I get kicked in the face. First time facing a competent one. Also, her dress is super pretty and I want it.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
the only thing you really need to add is no abusing the tower of grind
edit: or the skirmishes

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Do not give up. Think of what the greatest tactician in the world, Johnathan Felix Cena, would do.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Do not give up. Think of what the greatest tactician in the world, Johnathan Felix Cena, would do.
Well, the problem is, I also realized what a pain in the ass Lyn's story really is. Seriously. I need to go through it so the units are at decent levels when I get them back, but nothing super interesting happens and you can't even get supports.
I dunno, maybe I'll restart. But I just found out about Pokemon Randomizers and it's giving me some wonderful ideas.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Petition to change the name of ltc3 to LTC3 : C&D
It's the NDA, we were all worried about the wrong letters destroying us.

This is some real cutthroat politics right here. Don't kill your enemy and make them a martyr for a cause. Just bleed them dry until they fade into nothingness.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's the NDA, we were all worried about the wrong letters destroying us.

This is some real cutthroat politics right here. Don't kill your enemy and make them a martyr for a cause. Just bleed them dry until they fade into nothingness.
eh. All of those would make really funny big tourney names lol.

I just renamed our weeklies to "A Fistful of Dollars" (Yes like the Eastwood movie). Thoughts?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I got 5th at the smashing grounds weekly and then got 2nd at the monthly losing only to darc. Not too bad I guess

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
spent 2 hrs debugging a data structures assignment. turns out my issue was literally one instance of < instead of <=

****ing pissed
Dude I feel you

I've spent the past 2 days wondering why my programming home doesn't work and it turned out that I needed to pass an object by reference because c++ was passing it by value

Literally a '&' was the one thing breaking my code completely

Player -0

Smash Hero
What happened to LTC3? Google time, can anyone explain if I don't find it though?

Also Pit is pretty fun, my main problems include:
- D-Tilt being slow as fuguegn
- Jump out of Side B being super small (because of the way Side-B takes your jumps you only have the last one, which is smaller than the first).
* Also new glide mechanics are dumb, nerf them not as much pls?
- Arrows not doing enough KB/hitstun in earlier percents. If they scaled better at earlier percents while they're really close to you but as they travel they become awkward Falco laser then it would be a lot better (I guess it's kinda like that now). If you charge the arrows then the hitstun/KB doesn't increase the arrow just doesn't lose as much KB/hitstun as it travels.
- Nair's linking being kinda awkward, the final hit or something feels a bit off. Lucas' Nair feels a lot better for example.
- F-Smash's animation being suuuuuuuper dumb. The animation change actually nerfed the second hit a LOT. You'll never hit the second if you hit with the first.
- Pit seems to rely on Up-Smash a lot. It just sticks out as being BnB kill move, pretty much have to use it to get your opponent to air combo % range, one of Pit's best

Internet died and not retyping because snfjdkkdkk

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What happened to LTC3? Google time, can anyone explain if I don't find it though?

Also Pit is pretty fun, my main problems include:
- D-Tilt being slow as fuguegn
- Jump out of Side B being super small (because of the way Side-B takes your jumps you only have the last one, which is smaller than the first).
* Also new glide mechanics are dumb, nerf them not as much pls?
- Arrows not doing enough KB/hitstun in earlier percents. If they scaled better at earlier percents while they're really close to you but as they travel they become awkward Falco laser then it would be a lot better (I guess it's kinda like that now). If you charge the arrows then the hitstun/KB doesn't increase the arrow just doesn't lose as much KB/hitstun as it travels.
- Nair's linking being kinda awkward, the final hit or something feels a bit off. Lucas' Nair feels a lot better for example.
- F-Smash's animation being suuuuuuuper dumb. The animation change actually nerfed the second hit a LOT. You'll never hit the second if you hit with the first.
- Pit seems to rely on Up-Smash a lot. It just sticks out as being BnB kill move, pretty much have to use it to get your opponent to air combo % range, one of Pit's best

Internet died and not retyping because snfjdkkdkk
Still dont get why they took the smash 4 fsmash. It's ****ing awful

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i think i just ate an entire pint of chocolate chip gelato in two sittings over the course of an hour.

yep. i totally did.

**** calculus II. i'm completely failing this class...

D

Deleted member

Is there some sort of news on LTC3? All that I think is publicly known is that its August 1st-2nd and it'll have PM/Melee/S4

CORY

wut
BRoomer
@ 9bit 9bit how do you consistently have your drunkbit "sig" up when you're drinking? are you just coherent enough to remember to copy/paste it into to all of your posts or something?

D

Deleted member

I am openly taking ideas to Project Meme, however your idea might be bad or not relevant because I don't want to work on etc character

MEME! (I'll release it eventually, I need to make/polish 8 characters for a Demo 1)

Top Bottom