• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Fatal 8 Vids for MKX are up for those who are interested/bored. Viewer Discrection is advised.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
guys my 2001 mac pro keyboard that I have been using forever finally broke. now im using my 3rd party 2001 mac pro keyboard. so anyone have any suggestions for a good mechanical keyborad

edit: HOLLY **** THIS KEYBOARD FEELS AMAZING WHY HAVENT I BEEN USING THIS MY WHOLE LIFE

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Don't do stuff you don't have to lel. If they're being predictable then punish it. If there's nothing to bait then don't try to.
Problem is that I feel like I have nothing to punish with, it feels like all of my moves are so slow I have to get a read to connect anything, asides from nair. Although I just finished watching some games of Numeric's zss and he likes to down smash/short hop upair to punish a lot, so I might start doing that

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er Teach me how to be a informed critical listener of music. Do I need to play to appreciate.

I still want to draw something but I can't think what.
Sorry, I haven't been on sfw in a minute. Mostly you can pick this kinda stuff up by just playing music yourself, but it really depends. What exactly do you want to know?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Problem is that I feel like I have nothing to punish with, it feels like all of my moves are so slow I have to get a read to connect anything, asides from nair. Although I just finished watching some games of Numeric's zss and he likes to down smash/short hop upair to punish a lot, so I might start doing that
If they run straight at you no read required. If you're playing ZSS and we're talking purely stopping a forward approach I would advise:
- SHFFL retreating Nair (to space it, retreating not required but whatev. I mean SH then drift back -> Nair) -> Run forward if it connects -> lolZSScombo.
- WD back -> D-Smash.

There are a bunch of other moves that can be used, Bair (imagine 2013 Salem ZSS), spacing Side-B with wavebounces and jumps, etc. But those two are the best at stopping approaches and converting (that I can think of right now). On the ground you should focus on D-Tilt (lolgetCC'ed), grab, Up-Tilt (situational), D-Smash, Jab, and... that's pretty much it. You're going to be combo'ing through aerials mostly. As you get more of a feel of ZSS you'll know when to use her other, more niche moves. You're going to be playing Falcon in neutral pretty much + some tools.

getting tired of those forehead wiping images mech
@ standardtoaster standardtoaster
Am only gonna tone it down because you're a mod.
Mech backing down:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'll make sure not to repeat the mistake of playing the first one by avoiding this like the plague.
LMAO I'm a sucker for crossvers and I haven't even popped the first one in my 3ds yet and I bought it on the cheap a while ago. Still wanted Namco X Capcom to come out here.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Bazkip Bazkip Indeed. I said it there, and I'll say it again...
I have nothing to say to people like that.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
reading about kof 98 and it seems really cool with shorthops and anti-air stuff and whatnot

considering buying the kof steam pack of 98 + 02 +13 ultimate edition
KoF 13 is pretty cool, but online is dead. I can't comment on the PC ports of the other two games, but I can say that both of them rock hard.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Today was interesting for my PM practice

Good news: I found a new character I like to play with
Bad news: It's a Melee top tier *gasp*
Good news: It's just Marth
Bad news: I still suck

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Good googly-moogly, I really should know better than to let myself go like that.
Sorry for getting mad the way I did, folks.
If it's any consolation, when I get like that, I myself think it's terrifying.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Today was interesting for my PM practice

Good news: I found a new character I like to play with
Bad news: It's a Melee top tier *gasp*
Good news: It's just Marth
Bad news: I still suck
Who cares at least Marth will teach you patience and spacing.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LMAO I was just doing Lucina dittos a while ago. She's hella rust for me as i normally play Marth, Falco, Robin or Bowser in smash 4.

Top Bottom