• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't see how? You poke them until they die.
Take Marth, a completely garbage character in Smash 4. Remove some sword reach. Remove tipper.

Get a completely awful character. I really can't think of anyone worse aside from swordfighter and he might have redeeming customs.

Magus420

Smash Master
Techchasing with choke on reaction is not a thing. Does not matter how bad Squirtle's tech rolls are, because the move is too slow for something like that. It has too much startup to be waiting to see if they teched in the first place to commit to the side-b while also getting the tech stand in time, can't allow enough time to tell the tech F/B animations apart and pick the direction on the side-b while also getting the tech stand in time, getup stand is just plain unreactable by itself because you don't know when they will get up and the animation doesn't really do anything at all until frame 6, etc.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Don't think Marth is that low but don't follow so lol.

I think it's the fact that Lucina is shorter by like, a couple pixels. Non tipper only does a bit less percent and kills at reasonable percents without having to be as precise.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Techchasing with choke on reaction is not a thing. Does not matter how bad Squirtle's tech rolls are, because the move is too slow for something like that. It has too much startup to be waiting to see if they teched in the first place to commit to the side-b while also getting the tech stand in time, can't allow enough time to tell the tech F/B animations apart and pick the direction on the side-b while also getting the tech stand in time, getup stand is just plain unreactable by itself because you don't know when they will get up and the animation doesn't really do anything at all until frame 6, etc.
You can be Squirtle and I'll be Ganon and i'll prove ypu wrong lol

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
plateprop: will literally fight the most frame-data heavy man in all of super smash brothers because he doesn't want to admit squirtle's good

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
sleep-dep midnight I have class in less than eight hours thoughts:

for everything wrong with it, melee is really a beautiful game

sakurai may be a total idiot but he created something special that doesn't have any other fighting game like it

it manages to distill all of the really interesting things from fighting games like footsies, reads, and mixups and somehow make every tired old concept completely new while still maintaining the fundamental sense of things and adding and incredible amount of depth in movement

or maybe ppu's marth is just really pretty idk

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
plateprop: will literally fight the most frame-data heavy man in all of super smash brothers because he doesn't want to admit squirtle's good
No, because he's wrong. I've done Ganon side b traps, had them done to me, and seen them. It's a legitimate thing because Squirtle's tech roll is just that bad atm.

Edit: I've also stated that all the times me saying Squirtle is bad are me joking. Squirtle's tech roll is legit ass though, one of the worst in the game :/

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I wrote my whole story in spanish on paper. 1 and 3/4 pages. When I typed it, even with double spacing, it didn't even reach a page.
Never using paper again.
Edit: Plate, just play a campy annoying squirtle or just go play some character that can mindlessly go in.
Thats none of them actually.
Edit2: A redditor tried to tell me that Falco isn't top 2 in Melee b/c he loses to Marth and Marth has a better Fox matchup, really.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I wrote my whole story in spanish on paper. 1 and 3/4 pages. When I typed it, even with double spacing, it didn't even reach a page.
Never using paper again.
Edit: Plate, just play a campy annoying squirtle or just go play some character that can mindlessly go in.
Thats none of them actually.
Edit2: A redditor tried to tell me that Falco isn't top 2 in Melee b/c he loses to Marth and Marth has a better Fox matchup, really.
I dont have problems with Ganon lol. Because of all the marths here i've learned the ultimate technique known as DODGE! so i've reduced my death rate by 75% kek

Lizalfos

Smash Master
People keep telling me that Fox, Falco, and Falcon are the most popular characters, but everyone at my school plays Marth, after they dropped YL that is.

D

Deleted member

It's 1 AM and I can't sleep

I'm supposed to wake up at 6 and get ready for classes, but Sunday night is really starring me down and I can't get any rest.

what do social thread

Magus420

Smash Master
Awful tech rolls doesn't let you choice react to the getup stand in 8 frames. It's possible to cover both tech rolls and the stand with one side-b input if you know which side of Ganon's TopN they will land on because the roll through will push into Ganon and not go far enough behind to not get caught by the lean back before becoming vulnerable which is pretty silly looking... but you're still committing to the side-b before being able to confirm that they didn't miss the tech to be able to get the stand with a frame 16-18 move to hit someone directly next to you, and slight DI means you can't tell which side they landed on until they begin separating, which is again too late at that point for the stand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

its really obnoxious how much the squirtle/sonic players underrate their characters. even melee fox players be like damn you stupid

D

Deleted member

its really obnoxious how much the squirtle/sonic players underrate their characters. even melee fox players be like damn you stupid
I'm actually the best sonic but no one knows

my sonic is godlike (And hes like an upper mid tier character imo)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Awful tech rolls doesn't let you choice react to the getup stand in 8 frames. It's possible to cover both tech rolls and the stand with one side-b input if you know which side of Ganon's TopN they will land on because the roll through will push into Ganon and not go far enough behind to not get caught by the lean back before becoming vulnerable which is pretty silly looking... but you're still committing to the side-b before being able to confirm that they didn't miss the tech to be able to get the stand with a frame 16-18 move to hit someone directly next to you, and slight DI means you can't tell which side they landed on until they begin separating, which is again too late at that point for the stand.
But you can tell which side they're going to end up on after they DI? Or do I just have superhuman vision? Because it's really easy for me to see what side a character is gonna end up on after they DI ganon's side B <_>

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
mango's too prideful right now. the reason armada hates peach/fox is because of laser camping, and mango's REFUSING TO DO IT because lasers aren't aggressive and he wants to prove he can be aggressive so armada's just laughing and punishing every bullish action

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
i love armada, fave melee player hands down

D

Deleted member

America is going silent again

Rip Mungo

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Mango is such a buster.

Double character negates stage counterpicking, so yeah it is kinda great. Not as important for Fox tho.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
We are sad because only PP can save America now.
Edit: Did Mango beat Leffen? I literally only saw the last 2 stocks of GF.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If Mango played like he had game 3 the whole time he would have taken it. Wouldn't have been surprised to see the reverse 3-0 had he not fished for that last stock. SHOOT A FEW MORE LASERS AND FORCE A TRADE PLEASE YOU HAVE TWO STOCKS man that was hard to watch him fish like that.

Top Bottom