• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
OMG FLY
GAME 5 BOYS

Still wish he didn't beat KirbyKaze tho
KK keeps on choking against IC's ;-;

Edit: Welp this is over
Scar pls

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Leffen didn't know the samus MU, lost to plup

Leffen doesn't know the ICs MU, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this might be ridic

edit: RIP FLY THANK YOU SCAR YOU JYNXER

Last edited by a moderator:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Dair spikes feel so good, and Marth in general feels smooth as butter even when I screw up. But I also just get these moments where everything comes together and I dominate.

For example, I 0-deathed a level 7 CPU Sonic (brother was asleep lol) in the span of ten seconds. I never 0-death anything ever

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
fly just lost what could have been an amazing comeback because nana's AI decided she didn't wanna grab the ledge

melee

D

Deleted member

"Just Marth"

I believe many Ivy, G&W, and various other mains would like to speak with you.
i feel bad for GAW players. no pity for ivy players tho.

---- @ PootisKonga PootisKonga you're welcome to join the marth skype group if you're into open hostility and baseless antagonism. its actually pretty good sometimes though

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
fly just lost what could have been an amazing comeback because nana's AI decided she didn't wanna grab the ledge

melee
One character has a move with too many positive properties to count, along with having several other stellar abilities
Another character will stop swinging his sword when a tree in the background blinks
Half of a third character doesn't grab a ledge because reasons

Best competitive fighting game of all time

Edit: @Umbreon Oh yeah I have a skype
Should probably sign back on sometime, the Bowser group is bound to have over 9000 messages

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i feel bad for GAW players. no pity for ivy players tho.

---- @ PootisKonga PootisKonga you're welcome to join the marth skype group if you're into open hostility and baseless antagonism. its actually pretty good sometimes though
I still don't understand how you think marth vs ivy is in ivys favor. Your incredibly superior onstage game combined with your juggle game/edge guarding is just waaaaay too good to lose the MU. It doesn't matter if you can't combo vs godlike DI, she is still put into bad positions due to it since her recovery isn't busted and her landing options are mediocre.

I'm calling hard core inexperience

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand how you think marth vs ivy is in ivys favor. Your incredibly superior onstage game combined with your juggle game/edge guarding is just waaaaay too good to lose the MU. It doesn't matter if you can't combo vs godlike DI, she is still put into bad positions due to it since her recovery isn't busted and her landing options are mediocre.

I'm calling hard core inexperience
i did fine vs the good ivy players at aftershock, but its a lot more because they jump too much and not because marth is actually good vs her. ivys upair is really good at negating marths juggles and i dont think ivy has bad stage control at all if she plays tight on the ground. ivy is also fine at putting marth into bad positions and edge guarding him right back. idk if we're gonna do callouts i'd like to watch your marth against JZ or mach.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
>not liking Cordelia
>

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
That pic was my response when playing through FE:A the first time and I couldn't marry her to Chrom and Sumia can. Also my response when I try to find doujins regarding her and it's slim to none :(

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Ganon's AC Nair, keeping Squirtle out for days.
i don't think that's the real reason, tbh. squirtle is a short character, especially while moving on the ground. the first hit of nair hits mostly horizontal, but the second hit (the one that really matters for the ac) hits at an upward angle, which makes it not as great for walling short grounded characters. if anything, it's that you can apparently just sideb him to death, on reaction, due to **** tech rolls?

i don't have enough practice in the matchup, but that's what i've heard. my experience is that it's miserable for both parties because ganon can't pin squirtle down, until he does, then squirtle dies. but, squirtle can just bait ganon and be a pain in his ass until you get him offstage, then he just dies. typically, ganon's matchups are determined primarily by how well he can interact with the opponent in neutral, since he sits in a really good combo weight/fall speed class, making punishes against him hurt pretty hard, as well. i want to say, squirtle wins the neutral, so long as he isn't stupidly using withdraw outside of good reads (it seems like it really should be used primarily as a combo tool and punish extender. might be wrong on this). ganon's biggest strength is cc into jab or spacing out with dtilt into u/nair, and if squirtle suspects those, he can go for sh bubble and knock ganon down, making him cry.

D

Deleted member

i did fine vs the good ivy players at aftershock, but its a lot more because they jump too much and not because marth is actually good vs her. ivys upair is really good at negating marths juggles and i dont think ivy has bad stage control at all if she plays tight on the ground. ivy is also fine at putting marth into bad positions and edge guarding him right back. idk if we're gonna do callouts i'd like to watch your marth against JZ or mach.
Ivys up air is a pretty poor landing option as long as you just respect it, you can bait it out or just hit her if she doesn't do it. Ivysaurs ground game, although being decent, STILL LOSES to marths DD and fair by a significant amount. Marths a faster character with a better DD, letting him punish ivys ground options. Marth can also fair to stuff out razor leaf and its faster than her own fair/out disjoints nair.

tbh everyone puts marth into bad positions and edge guards him if given the chance, Ivysaur doesn't really get that chance very often.

Whenever 3.5 came out, I played quite a bit at the TLOC house and that included several hours with Denti where I played marth and roy. I also sat down and played the other ivys at aftershock, I'm 9999999% sure that marth wins.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
and then I watched fly lose his final set while scar and toph spent most of it talking about food

melee

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ trash? trash?
░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░▄░░▄░░▄░░▄░
░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█░░░░█▄▄▄█░░█▄▄█░░█▄▄█░
░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░░█░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░
░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
@ trash? trash?
░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░▄░░▄░░▄░░▄░
░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█░░░░█▄▄▄█░░█▄▄█░░█▄▄█░
░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░░█░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░░░▀▀▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░
░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀░▀▄▄▄▀
This hurts my eyes. What is this?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
...why wouldnt he? ganon is atrocious at interacting with fast small characters
Uh, he does.
He doesnt, he's got them long limbs to keep you out like , also because of Squirtle's ****ty tech roll ganon can pretty much infintely flame choke a squirtle lol. Any direction you tech in, Ganon has about half a second to read (which is more than enough to react to, and if you getup attack/tech in place he just has to move slightly to the side then flame choke again

In response to @ CORY CORY , if Ganon is the one being baited, somethingg is wrong lol

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
He doesnt, he's got them long limbs to keep you out like , also because of Squirtle's ****ty tech roll ganon can pretty much infintely flame choke a squirtle lol. Any direction you tech in, Ganon has about half a second to read (which is more than enough to react to, and if you getup attack/tech in place he just has to move slightly to the side then flame choke again

In response to @ CORY CORY , if Ganon is the one being baited, somethingg is wrong lol
how can ganon bait when he is way slower? The only way he could really get squirtle is by reading an approach, and if he reads wrong he gets punished hard.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ganon always gets baited, though.

what about squirtle's movement in the neutral makes it so he can't weave on ganon and punish him for something? ganon's not fast enough to really react to a lot of things, so he has to make a lot of reads to make things happen. the only thing that i know of off the top of my head that ganon can straight react to in neutral is withdraw, which is a poor decision, anyway.

most of my experience against squirtle is from @tripp6313 , though, and i don't get to play him too often.

D

Deleted member

ganon being unable to react to possible harassment is why he gets baited so bad (and loses horribly for it)

sorry i just cant see ganon losing to squirtle, ganon just doesnt have the tools to do anything to that character. all he can do is fair/bair spam and hope you suck enough to run into it

Player -0

Smash Hero
i don't think that's the real reason, tbh. squirtle is a short character, especially while moving on the ground. the first hit of nair hits mostly horizontal, but the second hit (the one that really matters for the ac) hits at an upward angle, which makes it not as great for walling short grounded characters. if anything, it's that you can apparently just sideb him to death, on reaction, due to **** tech rolls?
Squirtle can hydroplane shield -> grab but then jab because AC Nair. Squirtle can't come through conventional means. If Squirtle CC's then he still slides too far. While Squirtle probably wins, neutral is probably harder for Squirtle than a person might think.

I'd like to see a match of it.

sorry i just cant see ganon losing to squirtle
Think you said wrong thing.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
ganon being unable to react to possible harassment is why he gets baited so bad (and loses horribly for it)

sorry i just cant see ganon losing to squirtle, ganon just doesnt have the tools to do anything to that character. all he can do is fair/bair spam and hope you suck enough to run into it
Ganon never has to approach Squirtle. He does the waiting game better.

Edit: Just let me come live with you and bec all summer, i'll teach Cory how to win da mu and we'll go from there lel

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Water gun doesnt do damage unless squirtle is close. And bubble isin't a projectile, it's a transcendant move
I didnt say anything about squirtle having projectiles, i asked why would squirtle need to approach ganondorf? Ganon is notorious for having a hard time approaching, and squirtle has one of the best neutral games. If ganon wants to sit in the corner and wait for an approach squirtle never has to give it to him, his neutral game is leagues above ganon's.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I didnt say anything about squirtle having projectiles, i asked why would squirtle need to approach ganondorf? Ganon is notorious for having a hard time approaching, and squirtle has one of the best neutral games. If ganon wants to sit in the corner and wait for an approach squirtle never has to give it to him, his neutral game is leagues above ganon's.
And I gave you the reasons

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
you literally just never approach ganon and he cries gg

Top Bottom