• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

well, it's written in the constitution that I'm the only one allowed to play Falcon in DFW

what lunchman and disbefore were doing, were very illegal activities

Kati

Smash Lord
whelp, 3.6 preview is over. you plebs missed the sick falcon and roy buffs.

D:

D:

...noooOOo.....

Falcon buffs? w/e as long as he remains as fun as he is currently I guess. Love how well raptor boost and falcon kick have been refined.

that ****'s not official lmfao. lunchables and disafter made some sort of pm minus
oh. *relieved*

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
@FPSWalrus
Welp me and @ VinceX VinceX ended up playing.

Had good matches among each other
Decided to 2v2 in rank S and we got rekt so hard; it was worse than Chillindude vs Leffen.

I don't know about Saturday. I think I need a break. The almost 2 months of nonstop play is finally getting to me.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is there a way to install windows 7 on my comp, while I already have windows 8 on it? I googled around and everything said to install windows 7 first, but it's kinda late for that... and having to install BOTH again seems like a huge hassle.
On top of that I don't have a USB drive for it, the only one I had large enough got ruined, can I boot the installers from a partition on my harddrive?

Also @Y-L can I make a suggestion for if/when you help other netplayers-to-be get set-up in the future? Recommend windows 7 over windows 8. Apparently Windows 8 has a weird probably with huge ping spikes/data usage every minute or so, I was wondering what was causing me to sometimes jump to ~500 ping randomly in the middle of the night in my rural area where nobody could be using my bandwidth or interfering with my signal, so I googled it and apparently it's a common, unsolved problem unrelated to wired vs wireless connections, and didn't exist in windows 7. It's the reason I'm asking about installing windows7 above, in fact.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
@FPSWalrus
Welp me and @ VinceX VinceX ended up playing.

Had good matches among each other
Decided to 2v2 in rank S and we got rekt so hard; it was worse than Chillindude vs Leffen.

I don't know about Saturday. I think I need a break. The almost 2 months of nonstop play is finally getting to me.
I went and played more 1v1s after this. Got myself up against some DiEs. I don't think I want to touch this game anymore

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
np.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/325oz1/anyone_know_what_happened_here/

TIL: melee has a bug with marth's moves when the tree on DL64 blinks

pay attention to that weird "1/4 an utilt and then marth gives up"

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Is there a way to install windows 7 on my comp, while I already have windows 8 on it? I googled around and everything said to install windows 7 first, but it's kinda late for that... and having to install BOTH again seems like a huge hassle.
On top of that I don't have a USB drive for it, the only one I had large enough got ruined, can I boot the installers from a partition on my harddrive?

Also @Y-L can I make a suggestion for if/when you help other netplayers-to-be get set-up in the future? Recommend windows 7 over windows 8. Apparently Windows 8 has a weird probably with huge ping spikes/data usage every minute or so, I was wondering what was causing me to sometimes jump to ~500 ping randomly in the middle of the night in my rural area where nobody could be using my bandwidth or interfering with my signal, so I googled it and apparently it's a common, unsolved problem unrelated to wired vs wireless connections, and didn't exist in windows 7. It's the reason I'm asking about installing windows7 above, in fact.
Dual boot partition is what I do for Vista & 7, could even add a Linux if I wanted

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...n#create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7
You just make a hefty sized partition and go ahead and install Windows 7 on it. Asking if you can run the installer from a partition on your hard drive sounds asinine, in the form of no probably not. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-CLEAN-Install-Windows-8-directly-from-Hard-/

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
But that doesn't tell me anything Mad; I already know how to make/shrink partitions and such. My issue is that all the sources I've found googling have said that you're supposed to install the older OS first (windows 7) so the new one (windows 8) will overwrite the boot files which are backwards compatible. Doing the opposite will cause the older boot files to overwrite the new boot files, which aren't forwards compatible, which supposedly can cause issues trying to boot. But I already have windows 8 installed.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
But that doesn't tell me anything Mad; I already know how to make/shrink partitions and such. My issue is that all the sources I've found googling have said that you're supposed to install the older OS first (windows 7) so the new one (windows 8) will overwrite the boot files which are backwards compatible. Doing the opposite will cause the older boot files to overwrite the new boot files, which aren't forwards compatible, which supposedly can cause issues trying to boot. But I already have windows 8 installed.
That's all I got then.
http://www.pagestart.com/win8dbwin701181301.html

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
np.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/325oz1/anyone_know_what_happened_here/

TIL: melee has a bug with marth's moves when the tree on DL64 blinks

pay attention to that weird "1/4 an utilt and then marth gives up"
Yeah it's wonky. Here's a vid of some more occurrences.

And an explanation from Magus
The glitch affects the Neutral A, F-Tilt, U-Tilt, D-Tilt, Dash Attack, & Standing Grab.

Whispy blinks after blowing wind right after the flowers move back to normal. The glitch happens 2 frames before Wispy's eyes are closed completely. It starts there regardless of what part of the animation you're in, and messes it up from that point on till the end of the attack/grab. If the movement hasn't started by that frame it is unnaffected. It happens anywhere on the stage; even on the top platform. It doesn't matter which side he's facing either.

They still start the attack at the normal time, for the same duration, and finish the move completely at the same time. The only difference from a normal attack is the location of the hitboxes which is dependant on the location of the sword/arm, with the exception of the grab. The glitched grab is actually better than normal since it still grabs in the same exact spot without any lunging forward and reaching his arm out at all.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
ummm... for the video posting, try to keep it in the general video thread. it reduces clutter, basically. if you really want feedback specifically, you can tag me in posts that you make with the videos and i'll try to get around to critiquing at least one of them (if it's a big vid dump) at some point in the week.

otherwise, are you having issues with terminology or anything else in particular? i can try to help clarify what is what, acronym-wise, especially if there are certain things that catch you offguard. i'll try to remember to specifically spell out the terms, then put the acronym into apostrophes or something for a while, so you can get used to the jargon.
This is all real nice of you, I will hold you to all this-- I've been off the smashboat for a couple weeks for work-related reasons but i'll be getting back into it this next week. Last tourney I was at I actually found myself regularly like, entry-level wave dashing and was excited about it-- and not just for show; like I was covering ground and being mobile in the stand stance and shffling out of it, etc. Ril'life Wding isn't feeling so impossible now.

Incidentally, is anyone else super excited about the new Digimon series this year?

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
You guys and gals don't get it, it's obviously a part of Melee's extreme depth. This is why PM is a shallow, shallow game compared to Melee

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
What did you guys do last night?
I uh... um...

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
What did you guys do last night?
I uh... um...

I had a 9 hour session of Fire Emblem on my first day of having it, I didn't even remember that I could check that until you posted this. I have 39 hours in the game and I've had it for a week.
I'm not good at managing time.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of doing a no-restart playthrough of Fire Emblem, starting with 7(Blazing Sword). Mostly because, while I praise the perma-death mechanic of FE, I never actually bother to live with those deaths-I just restart the chapter and keep going. So, in a sense, I'd be playing the game by it's own rules.

And maybe I'd try to emulate genre-blindness. For example, I wouldn't know of the Jiegan or Oifey archetypes, unless I found an NPC in the game that specifically told me or I noticed the severe lack of exp gain. Something like that.
Or maybe playing too much Dark Souls as gotten me addicted to self-imposed challenges.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of doing a no-restart playthrough of Fire Emblem, starting with 7(Blazing Sword). Mostly because, while I praise the perma-death mechanic of FE, I never actually bother to live with those deaths-I just restart the chapter and keep going. So, in a sense, I'd be playing the game by it's own rules.

And maybe I'd try to emulate genre-blindness. For example, I wouldn't know of the Jiegan or Oifey archetypes, unless I found an NPC in the game that specifically told me or I noticed the severe lack of exp gain. Something like that.
Or maybe playing too much Dark Souls as gotten me addicted to self-imposed challenges.
Fire emblem is cool up until the part where you're about to stab a guy, and you're 94% sure that Boyd can run this random mook through and finish the level, when ALL OF A SUDDEN
The winds of fate start blowing down the flimsy house of cards you call a team.
Axes refuse to penetrate flesh, regardless of weapon triangle advantage.
Random baddies start running on spiral energy, and decide "Oh did I say I have a 3% crit chance? I meant 30%."
And even after you make it out, and finally gain a crucial level or two on a weaker unit.
It's only hp+1.
And then Black Knight decides to get eclipse twice in a row.
So you restart.

Path of radiance was dope though.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Fire emblem is cool up until the part where you're about to stab a guy, and you're 94% sure that Boyd can run this random mook through and finish the level, when ALL OF A SUDDEN
The winds of fate start blowing down the flimsy house of cards you call a team.
Axes refuse to penetrate flesh, regardless of weapon triangle advantage.
Random baddies start running on spiral energy, and decide "Oh did I say I have a 3% crit chance? I meant 30%."
And even after you make it out, and finally gain a crucial level or two on a weaker unit.
It's only hp+1.
And then Black Knight decides to get eclipse twice in a row.
So you restart.

Path of radiance was dope though.
Does FE still do double rolls on its accuracy? I know in sacred stones it was double rolls in your advantage every time or something

Helsong

Smash Ace
In some FEs they did double rolls. They actually did not in Sacred Stones, it was only single rolls, which is why a lot of people who went from 7->SS felt like their attacks were less accurate than in 7 at higher percentages, and more accurate at lower percentages. Not sure how it is in other games, but I'm pretty sure the majority of them post SS do double rolls.

@ Blazing Ambition Blazing Ambition While RNG has a way of screwing you up, I just view it as "war sucks and people just die sometimes." Plus, it'll add an extra bit of thrill. Path of Radiance was super dope though. I shudder to think how a no-restart playthrough would handle fighting the Black Knight, if you enforce only giving yourself one chance to do it.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
While RNG has a way of screwing you up, I just view it as "war sucks and people just dies sometimes."
Yeah, unless it's an important character in Awakening. Then they just decide to show up in the story when they want to and won't fight for you because they're a bum.

Also why have they not patched the language option in Awakening yet, you still have to switch to English and back to use the Japanese language setting properly after closing the game.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's kind of irritating when the game and story try to wiggle around it's own rules.

Hardcore mode: no restarts, and you have to start the campaign entirely over if you get a Game Over. Only the most reckless players would go up against the Black Knight. Even on a solo Ike run where Ike gets all the stat boosting items, the fight is still stacked against you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom