• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
CEO will be so hype. I can't wait to go. And dude there's more entrants for PM than Melee. PM LITERALLY HAS THE SECOND MOST ENTRANTS.

ETA: NVM, they're still updating the roster I guess. PM has one less entrant than Melee. #norealdifference #JUSTasHYPE

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So, I saw HTTYD2 last night(I'm a HUGE fan, as much and more than the fangirls).

...I gotta be frank, the movie hit on a big complex of sorts I've always had, but one that I just about never bring up to others, as my feelings and thoughts are two separate processes by now, and I don't like burdening others with my doubts(probably to my detriment).
Big BIG spoiler if you want to remain in the dark here, do NOT open if you're a fan and haven't seen it yet;
though I'll be indirect about it just in case. Also, I angsted a fair amount, though I'm pretty sure the kind I did is appropriate for my age. Skip if you don't want to see my most deeply-buried worst nightmares and self-doubts.
I'm 23, and my dad is in the same rough age range(he's ~52-53 or so). Compare the movie's later plot.
Dude.

I love how relate able and likable the characters are, but does DreamWorks get catharsis by touching on the deepest anguish buttons of it's audience?
I mean, I've accepted by now that, someday, the same way he did for his dad(my grandfather, who passed in 2011; we'll never forget you Grandpa Bob), I'll have to do the same thing for him, but...
Dammit.
It doesn't help a bit that, when it comes down to it, there are a fair few things I personally identify with regarding Hiccup, like what it took for him to choose between 'stepford snarker', or the more wholesome alternative, that of being direct with those he cares for. It didn't take events as extreme as with him for me to take the better road(wasn't all sunshines and daisies, even then!)though I HAD been doing this for... roughly a decade.
Nor that me and my dad are pretty close, and that we have nearly-identical mindsets when it comes to what you have to do in regards to your family(that is, you do everything you can for them, though admittedly I've been taking a few months to feel sorry for myself/get out the worst of what I get from empathizing with most people I know).
Agh.
Direct reminders like this hurt, argh. I'm tearing up pretty bad here, and just avoiding notice by my houseguest, if I'm going to be completely direct. I'm just glad I've gotten good at being inaudible about it, for certain definitions of "glad".
Even though I have been inspired to higher, bigger things than myself ASAP by you, and other stories I take to heart, why did you have to bring my worst fears to a head with timing like this, HTTYD? I already worry about my older relatives enough.
Okay, done.

I'm looking into trade schools/job-hunting starting first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not going to let the older parts of family start passing on without making sure what faith they have in me is justified. No more regrets, not of that kind.
Not again.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Wow. I admittedly feel a bit awkward reading this, considering how little I know you, but that's pretty inspiring. Normally I'd put an image macro here, and like your post or something, but I don't think the situation calls for it. Just go out and do what makes you feel right man. Good luck.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

I found my new favorite slam jam.

I'm happy mango won Evo. I'm not the hugest mango fanboy (personally i'm a big PP fan) but I'm guilty to feeding Mangonation a lot lol. Pretty sure I dropped 150 on getting Mango to beast 3 last summer because there was hype for the drive but no one was putting money up.

I'm really really happy that Axe did so well. It was the flag, I swear.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Wow. I admittedly feel a bit awkward reading this, considering how little I know you, but that's pretty inspiring. Normally I'd put an image macro here, and like your post or something, but I don't think the situation calls for it. Just go out and do what makes you feel right man. Good luck.
>why I don't talk about that sort of thing much right there
I make a point of seeing things through if I really want them to happen.

Also, "considering how little I know you"
That one is on me. By and large my absolute worst flaw(besides some trends of necessity taking precedence over my morality, which really bother me; when I think about what I could live with if I had to after doing it, well...);
I like people, but have chronic issues with self-esteem, and therefore, making spoken conversation beyond being fairly terse, at first.
Once I'm around those I know well, though, time to yak it up.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm the same way, bro. I have a real hard time conn . . . wow this slam jam is really good.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
CEO will be so hype. I can't wait to go. And dude there's more entrants for PM than Melee. PM LITERALLY HAS THE SECOND MOST ENTRANTS.

ETA: NVM, they're still updating the roster I guess. PM has one less entrant than Melee. #norealdifference #JUSTasHYPE
Can you link the registrant list for the games? I can't find it.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Saw 22 Jump Street on Saturday. A sequel better than the original. Don't see that much (these days).

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
People keep talking about Pokemon Stadium 1 "getting banned", but I've been playing in a community where it's been banned for the past 4 months (it was never legal in the first place).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Showing off a pretty cool lucario glitch on my stream in a couple of minutes, come check it out :p.

Bryonato

Green Hat
CEO will be SO sick. All you Florida dudes better find me and play me because being in Idaho I don't get to place EC let alone southeast EC that much.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Showing off a pretty cool lucario glitch on my stream in a couple of minutes, come check it out :p.
Just saw the video archive. Pretty cool glitch, I'm glad walk off's are banned though lol. But FD vs a Lucario with this tool will be a nightmare.

Top Bottom