• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can't believe Mango SD like that he had some momentum and then lost it like that.

So uhh... why do people hate Zero anyway?
I'm honestly indifferent to the guy but I don't see what warrants the boos(aside from the Smash 4 invitational GFs).
People dont like Zero for a bunch of reasons which are honestly very silly mainly doing with Brawl and him playing SUPER LAME and using MK.

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
what exactly is the input error that could possibly lead to a side b like that

like he's done it twice today
A Forward approaching SHDL probably, it a common mistake players of spacies make when they are getting the hang of their characters laser game which made it shocking that Mango made that input flub. Essentially you hold a direction a little to long before pressing B which causes the side B to come out instead of the neutral b

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
So uhh... why do people hate Zero anyway?
I'm honestly indifferent to the guy but I don't see what warrants the boos(aside from the Smash 4 invitational GFs).
IDK, maybe going for the time out in the finals of a Smash 4 exhibition tournament ? Or maybe it's because he's proud of it ?

Rags

Smash Ace
Why is everyone so heated about a Lame-out? People do that in tournaments and it's not like this was a serious tournament.

If anything I say Prog won that tournament. Waaay too many great moments from him xD

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Why is everyone so heated about a Lame-out? People do that in tournaments and it's not like this was a serious tournament.

If anything I say Prog won that tournament. Waaay too many great moments from him xD
keep in mind casuals and tourney players alike were hyped as **** to see the new smash brothers

KoreanDJ did something amazing for the crowd, jumping into Megaman's Final Smash even though it missed him completely.
Zero camped super hard and basically killed the hype for the new game everyone wanted to see

i went out to eat, came back to see zero vs hbox in gf's

didnt even bother watching, and im glad i didnt lmao

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Might be better in the end that he did play as campy as possible in the Smash 4 Invitational, exposing the truth of the gameplay before it's too late.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

How many people can say they've won the smash invitational? It's a one in a lifetime chance possibly.

keep in mind casuals and tourney players alike were hyped as **** to see the new smash brothers

KoreanDJ did something amazing for the crowd, jumping into Megaman's Final Smash even though it missed him completely.
Zero camped super hard and basically killed the hype for the new game everyone wanted to see

i went out to eat, came back to see zero vs hbox in gf's

didnt even bother watching, and im glad i didnt lmao
D1 confirmed on twitter that kdj did not purposely run into megaman's final smash.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Might be better in the end that he did play as campy as possible in the Smash 4 Invitational, exposing the truth of the gameplay before it's too late.
Implying casuals care about competitive play.

All it did was put on a shamefur dispray for smash brothers for thousands of fans.

For competitive, it killed people's motivation as well since "CAMPING WON THE TOURNEY, BRAWL V2, BACK TO MELEE, SM4SH IS DED."

Overall, I don't see anything positive that came out of that victory other than a potential zero suit nerf.
I highly doubt that though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So who made it out of losers from open bracket?

Also, imo the most shocking parts of MLG for me so far

THIS is why I like Mew2King.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if you're finding issue with the idea that a person playing a tournament played it with the intent of winning I'd like you to look at the board you're on and wonder why the hell you're here

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's what makes it bad. There was nothing at stake and no real incentive for winning like that (other than the arbitrary title of being able to call yourself the winner). Everyone else was there to show the new Smash game to the world and he totally missed the point.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
no he didn't, jesus christ playing the game matters more than your horrid wants to appeal to the PR department. he was able to camp it out because the game lets you camp it out, blame the god damn game already

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
That's what makes it bad. There was nothing at stake and no real incentive for winning like that (other than the arbitrary title of being able to call yourself the winner). Everyone else was there to show the new Smash game to the world and he totally missed the point.
He did show the new Smash game. He showed it was bad.

I know, I know, alpha demo etc

Hopefully this will nudge the development in the right direction.

Thank you, Zero.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wow that sucks. Eddy Mexico was one game away in making it into the Pro Bracket. Assuming he could beat Ken, which I think he could've done.

And who's this Santiagopinion guy?
Its lil Fumi, a socal PR player.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Vash the Stampede + Optimus Prime = Vashimus. Corny as ****, but there's always something special about names you made when you were younger.
I like that you brought his up.

Cliches are only bad if you DON'T fulfill them in satisfying ways.
Take Transformers, for instance. For instance, final battles are hella cliched. What matters the most about themes/tropes/etc.?

Doing them right.

Why is everyone so heated about a Lame-out? People do that in tournaments and it's not like this was a serious tournament. If anything I say Prog won that tournament. Waaay too many great moments from him xD
About winning... I have a quote I just thought of for that.

"There are victors, and then there's dead bodies. Pick which you like being more."
Winning >>>>> all. Honor, rules...Heh.
Suckers.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
He did show the new Smash game. He showed it was bad.

I know, I know, alpha demo etc

Hopefully this will nudge the development in the right direction.

Thank you, Zero.
I don't know man.

Sakurai already thought that Zero suit samus would win.

I don't know if he'd change it just because of how he won.

Winning >>>>> all.
To be honest, I think I'd rather lose spectacularly, than win mediocrely.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if you're finding issue with the idea that a person playing a tournament played it with the intent of winning I'd like you to look at the board you're on and wonder why the hell you're here
does this mean im not allowed to enter tournaments for fun and a chance at winning anymore

EDIT - on an unrelated note, where all the tumblr ****** at, lets trade urls i need new people to follow

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
On this subject, I actually have a very controversial opinion.

Nichijoint >>>>>>>>>>> Nichijam

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
This is random, but does anyone know how I could get back the random capsule / party ball explosions in Project M?

If I'm gonna play with item craziness on, I need that back...

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
This is random, but does anyone know how I could get back the random capsule / party ball explosions in Project M?

If I'm gonna play with item craziness on, I need that back...
Sai you know the rules.
No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The broken fanbase of smash is the worst sometimes I swear but it does bring funny stuff such as this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom