• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Yeah it's gonna be pretty cool. Here is the archive for anyone who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKf_SxXOLE
Right as soon as I saw the up B aura, I thought of Up B combos immediately.

I'm glad you did too.

NEW META CONFIRMED BY WARCHAMP7

It doesn't have highlights though. Does grabs take away the infinite as well?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My family went to Minnesota for a wedding and then after visited Mall of America where there was a Midwest Regional YoYo Championship, competitive YoYo'ing is super legit. Also there was a McDonalds on the way home there with super old gamecube stands, I was hoping one'd be Melee to get off some tech skill in McDs like I always dreamed of but it was all Mario games.

You can spin it on your finger which one guy was doing and tossing hands, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Dq9BFRrc8
and stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1sda8EobY

Last edited:

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
My family went to Minnesota for a wedding and then after visited Mall of America where there was a Midwest Regional YoYo Championship, competitive YoYo'ing is super legit. Also there was a McDonalds on the way home there with super old gamecube stands, I was hoping one'd be Melee to get off some tech skill in McDs like I always dreamed of but it was all Mario games.

You can spin it on your finger which one guy was doing and tossing hands, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Dq9BFRrc8
and stuff
Those Yo-Yo skills are out of this world. Where can I learn this. I can barely put one on my finger without crushing my face!

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Metroid Fusion speedruns are the hypest ****. The game is literally designed to not allow it, yet people have found the weirdest glitches to get around it. 0% speedrun is da bess.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Summer Awesome Games Done Quick. Watch if you got time to kill and nothing else to do.
I highly recommend this. I've been watching SDA since their first marathon and they never cease to amaze. Everything has donation incentives and prizes. The grand prize this year is a Wii-U 3DS Bundle with a custom Speed Demos design on it! Also supports Doctors Without Borders. Every donation goes straight to their website.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Man, even 1 has a charm of its own. 4 and onward (getting really awful as it goes on) is complete trash and it's beyond me that the show after the movie went for twice as long as before the movie.

Same goes for Fairly Odd Parents except instead of becoming terrible, the show is just incredibly bland and boring. I miss season 1 Cosmo ;-;

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
First three seasons of SpongeBob are top-tier ****in' programming. I still laugh at that ****. Graveyard Shift, Survival of the Idiots, Idiot Box, Pizza Delivery, The Algae's Always Greener...the list goes on and on.

Past that, though, it's a big disgusting trainwreck made of money.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I never liked Spongebob.

And considering I only watch anime, movies, or smash now (and those rarely), I just don't like watching TV. It feels pointless and sort of gets me nowhere.

I especially never understood the point of the kind of surrealist humour in stuff like Spongebob, Bobobo, &c. It just gives me a headache.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I never liked Spongebob.

And considering I only watch anime, movies, or smash now (and those rarely), I just don't like watching TV. It feels pointless and sort of gets me nowhere.

I especially never understood the point of the kind of surrealist humour in stuff like Spongebob, Bobobo, &c. It just gives me a headache.
watching TV and watching Anime is literally the same thing. The only difference is the content that you're watching. (and of course no commercials)

And hey, different stuff for each person. :grin:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I watched it together with my siblings so I have a lot of sentimental value for the show.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Considering that you're comparing SpongeBob and Bo-Bo-Bo-Whatever-The-****, I'm not sure you've watched the same show we have.
They are actually both surrealist humour? Do you disagree? Do you think that there's a bunch of logic in either show? I don't think so. I'd say they're both quite random and full of out of nowhere gags, references, and satires. Their random nature is what makes them similar in my eyes, and I don't really think you can dispute my claim very easily.
watching TV and watching Anime is literally the same thing. The only difference is the content that you're watching. (and of course no commercials)

And hey, different stuff for each person. :grin:
I mean I don't watch TV. I search out a show and torrent it or stream it for a couple binge sittings. I don't sit at the TV unless I intend to put something particular on, and almost never something on an actual television channel. I'd say this all constitutes not watching TV, wouldn't you? It's like the difference between reading the daily paper versus occasionally researching specific topics in depth.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

and stuff
not to undermine the skill of those people but yoyoing is almost universally easier than it looks the hardest part is the basics once you've got those down you can learn any trick in a few hours. I yoyo'd competitively for a long time and its really fun just frustrating when you are learning all the mounts/throws/combos.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
SpongeBob actually built an interesting, coherent world which a huge cast of characters. People also acted within certain character parameters.

Once the show creator quit because he felt he had finished the show with the movie, the characters became flaunderized extreme versions of themselves. Mr. Krabs stops being greedy with a conscious and becomes money obsessed and doesn't care about anybody. Squidward stops being a jerk you can sympathize with and is just cruel.

SpongeBob especially becomes more than naïve and goodhearted and is an absolute annoying monster who works for funny money and everyone hates him. Sandy is just ignored and the less said about Plankton the better.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Spongebob a monster? Talk about the transformation Patrick went through. It's horrifying.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don’t get it.

I just don’t get it.

Brawl defenders bashed Melee players for ”wanting Brawl to be just like Melee,” insisting that the game, being new and different, carries its own merits.

Brawl players are glad Smash4 is just like Brawl and are bashing Melee players for at least wanting something new and different.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You can never fully please both sides. IT's gonna be chaos on here once smash 4 drops. Smash Brothers with that broken base ya'll .

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think when people hear "we want it between Melee and Brawl" all they hear is the word Melee, ignoring that we are saying we wanted something different enough to be distinguishable.

Melee is just code in this case for "somewhat fast."

SpiderMad

Smash Master
not to undermine the skill of those people but yoyoing is almost universally easier than it looks the hardest part is the basics once you've got those down you can learn any trick in a few hours. I yoyo'd competitively for a long time and its really fun just frustrating when you are learning all the mounts/throws/combos.
Heh I just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY so it seems everything isn't too hard. Did you also do the other types of A5 and stuff yoyos with detached and stuff? What's the hardest trick ever performed?

The people at the Midwest Regional (that hasn't seemed to be uploaded at all yet) were mostly kids 12-20, with a lot of them looking really impressive for their age; so I guess it mustn't be that hard. I like how you pick a song to sync to, and how pros can slow certain things down on purpose for a slow-mo. Then if you mess up early on, you might want to try going for something super hard near the end to recover yourself. Also of course how people can have their own style and routine like in other competitions and all while how they handle and train for the pressure, and some used their hat and knees/feet to do stuff.
I was thinking I'll soon buy this for $9+3 shipping. http://yoyotricks.com/yoyo-videos/yoyo-reviews/fast-201-yoyo-review-yoyofactory/4601/ Though apparently responsiveness is a thing you don't want in more advanced yoyos (unresponsive) to do sleeper tricks or something and of course this design wouldn't be great for the cool finger spin. Should I also buy an unresponsive too?

How hard is this recatch stuff with the end of the string? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbgrRaO169M&index=14&list=PLovBMkMLex7yoq1g9FfqWgMm1iMn4RMcS

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The only time I watch TV is when I hook the HDMI to watch some fullscreen Smash. Oh, and I watch the world cup too, lol. Brazil's third goal was soooooooo beast!

Also, at this point I couldn't give a **** about what people (from both sides) say about Smash 4. I'm getting that game, and it looks like I'll have fun with it, even competitively. I wouldn't be surprised if the community forming around it is made mostly out of new people.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So I beat aerolink at Louisiana's wintercon Saturday and beat Louisiana's best two other players. Also took Denti to game five last stock in grand finals. I just wish there were videos. The streamers left early and PM was stupidly enough the last event to run, starting at 8pm.
I think ROB can be high-mid tier now.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I mean I don't watch TV. I search out a show and torrent it or stream it for a couple binge sittings. I don't sit at the TV unless I intend to put something particular on, and almost never something on an actual television channel. I'd say this all constitutes not watching TV, wouldn't you? It's like the difference between reading the daily paper versus occasionally researching specific topics in depth.
I wouldn't.

I do the exact same thing. If I'm at the TV, it's because something I specifically want to see will be on.

It would be fair to say that you rarely watch TV, because I rarely watch TV as well.

Top Bottom