• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its been run horribly on the ground though. I have a friend who JUST started his first round in the open bracket, which started at 2:30pm cali time. There are zero places for warm ups even though there are open set-ups. Its just being ran horribly from everything i've been told.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ads are dumb because they make me know that something exists, multiple times in a short period.

Also because I'm too lazy to go somewhere else.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Matches definitely do not take this long to setup normally. I don't really get the lengthy delays.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
What usually is happening while I watch this is:
  • I leave because ads.
  • I miss the first 4/5 of the match,
  • Get more ads
  • Repeat
  • ???

Sashimi

Smash Ace
On the topic of ads, but not complaining about them...

Does anyone else just not understand how ads work? I've never seen an ad that actually convinced me to go and buy something. Like I know what they're supposed to do, but I don't see how they actually accomplish that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you obviously don't know what ads are supposed to do. They aren't supposed to make you want to go out and buy something within a short time frame.

They entire purpose is to make you aware that a product exists, if a time comes up when you need such a product, whether for you or someone else, you will look into getting whatever they advertised.

this is especially noticible when grocery shopping

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, too well researched on what I want when I go shopping to care, but I guess that's a minority thing.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Obama's presidential campaigns proved you CAN annoy the **** out of people with constant e-mails and they will still do what you ask of them in aggregate thanks to knowing their personal history and effective pressure tactics.

We should probably just avoid buying anything that is annoyingly shoved in our faces, good personal resolution to make.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
New Linkin Park Album hype? Because half of this stream is Linkin park and Monstercat songs.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Crews not starting because some players are in pools still.

But instead of like I don't know, streaming those matches we're just gonna shove 50 ads out and some Linkin Park.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
anddd i just got word Axe forgot my flag at the hotel lol. rip the dream
╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮༼ ╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮༼ ╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮༼ ╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮༼ ╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮༼ ╭∩╮ ◕◡◕ ༽╭∩╮MLG

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
thank god they booted soft

#beastcoast

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
@ KayB KayB commentating isn't his thing

btw thanks for recommending me Summer Wars and Wolf Children, they were pretty good

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
The one thing i hated about professional sports was the amount of commercials, it's so depressing to see it creep into pro gaming ;_;

But I guess in order to have melee on the big stage with a huge prize pool we gotta have commercials.

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

#LegendOfLucky

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Injustice players are going through the same thing Smash players are right now, if not worse due to absolutely nothing happening on stream after unofficial commentators were kicked off air for making fun of what was happening.

I hope MLG gets some serious backlash through the entire FGC for sucking so hard.
Injustice players had it worse cause when the Internet was having issues in the area, they couldn't download the patches and such so those viewers who waited for Injustice had to wait like half and hour till they got it resolved and this was after the first 2-3 matches.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Why the **** do I have to watch an ad just because I reload the stream. **** MLG, good lord.
Major League Commericals > cancer
I saw so many commericals today, I started to question my own humanity.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
i saw hox and almost cried, so sad on his birthday ;_;

But goddamn MANGO, GOIN APE ****.

GET HYPE FOR YA BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Why. Why did HBox go in. Literally anyone else would've been a better choice.
They didn't want Mang0 to run with it and put a big dent in their stocks, so they panicked and sent out hbox. I thought that was the worst decision they could have made, and that is probably why ec lost.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Westballz is seriously my favorite player. I don't know much about his personality which I've heard isn't the best, but his Falco is what I want my Falco to be: insanely technical, super aggressive, and very flashy.

How do you guys balance practicing both PM and Melee? I've been playing PM exclusively for the past few months, but last night I played Melee and really want to get back to it as well.

Top Bottom