• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm sure getting exposed to a lot of ads. Did you know there's a gaming headset tailored specifically for the XBox One?!
I got that Dove ad like 3 times in a row

At least they have some neat music on when they're not playing ads.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm happy that Smash is getting some professional acknowledgement like Melee returning to MLG, but to be honest I don't really like it that much.

I don't like that the commentators have to check their language /cadence so much that everything they say becomes bland and corporate. I don't like the increased ad time. And I don't really like the... feel, the je ne sais quoi of these tournaments. It's too sterile. It's hard to put into words but I have such a fondness for the raw, self-made, gritty environment of the old days (get off my lawn).

I DO like that it's exposing more people to Smash and the professional stream quality we're getting, but I'll always miss that underground feel it used to have. But like I said, I'm happy for Smash, really.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Underground yelling, freedom with the intense hype that you can hear
vs.
The silent yelling, and knowing the stakes are high with the eyes of the world on you. The hype that you can feel.

I'm down with either one. Watching players duke it out and bet their pride and honor on either the big stage or on the rough stages of the underground will always send chills down my spine.

Just saying though, Remen shut some people up with his match versus PPMD damn

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
amsa was grinning from ear to ear after that set, even though he lost

he's basically the most optimal human being tbh

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I would honestly rather watch the players shuffle onto stage and do bans than watch this MLG logo over and over

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Xbax one gamein headsets, so you can hear all the racecar punching action on your phone.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Sound levels in the MLG stream are pretty inconsistent.

Also holy crap did we just go ads to interviews to ads

MLG pls

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
aMSa was playing super janky and not moving the way he should. M2K's Falcon, on the other hand, was glorious.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I know I'm late to say this, but the loud dubstep that MLG plays between matches feels weird for Melee.
I guess I'm just used to streamers playing chill music/video game tracks.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
HAX MONEY BABY

either hax went from "alright" to "the new king" or leffen just lost to america's a-/b+ tier player lmao

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I forgot to turn off tweeting with comments after using MLG's chat like a twitch chat. Never again.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I forgot to turn off tweeting with comments after using MLG's chat like a twitch chat. Never again.
That feature makes so little sense in a chatroom, I can't imagine it gets any use save for this exact situation, where people forget to disable it.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
btw can we stop making "the sinister six" a thing

the reason the melee gods are called, well, the melee gods are because of their consistency. people can beat them, but those people don't win tournaments as often as the five gods do. leffen is the least consistent top player ever

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I don't know how I feel about Esports Mango. He's so grown up now its weird.

We're never going to get gold like "Suck a **** brawl community, a big giant Joey ****" again (probably a good thing)

But he hasn't let out an "LMAAAOOOOOOOOOOO" for months. The Kid grew up.

Top Bottom