• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I thought it was because Nintendo refused to give MLG permission to stream Brawl preventing them from getting any ad revenue off of Smash Bros.
It was more of this, everything else was pretty given to the community as a more refined excuse as to why it didn't get continued, especially the collusion.

EDIT:
So MLG thus far:
Group A:
Wave 1:
Leffen 1 - 3 Mew2King
Hax
3 - 0 s0ft
Remen 1 - 3 PPMD

Wave 2:
Mew2King 0 - 3 PPMD
Remen 2 - 3 s0ft
Leffen 2 - 3 Hax

Wave 3:
Mew2King 3 - 0 Remen
Leffen 3 - 0 s0ft

Group B:
Wave 1:
Mang0 3 - 0 ZeRo
Hungrybox 0 - 3 Armada
aMSa 2 - 3 Westballz

Wave 2:
aMSa 1 - 3 Mang0
ZeRo 1 - 3 Armada
Hungrybox
3 - 0 Westballz

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
armada just did the Meiling exactly like i do
Hit the opponent with a kill move, they fly into your weak item/projectile, live then come back and kill you

i need to copyright this

1FD

Smash Ace
It was more of this, everything else was pretty given to the community as a more refined excuse as to why it didn't get continued, especially the collusion.

EDIT:
So MLG thus far:
Group A:
Wave 1:
Leffen 1 - 3 Mew2King
Hax
3 - 0 s0ft
Remen 1 - 3 PPMD

Wave 2:
Mew2King 0 - 3 PPMD
Remen 2 - 3 s0ft
Leffen 2 - 3 Hax

Wave 3:
Mew2King 3 - 0 Remen
Leffen 3 - 0 s0ft

Group B:
Wave 1:
Mang0 3 - 0 ZeRo
Hungrybox 0 - 3 Armada
aMSa 2 - 3 Westballz

Wave 2:
aMSa 1 - 3 Mang0
ZeRo 1 - 3 Armada
Hungrybox
3 - 0 Westballz

If leffen won 2 games then how does hax have no losses???

HAX
THAT IS WHY!!!!
punny or something

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Looking at the schedule again,
M2K never faces Hax or s0ft
Leffen never faces PPMD or Remen
Hax never faces M2K or Remen
PPMD never faces Leffen or s0ft

Mang0 never faces Hungrybox or Armada
Armada never faces Mang0 or Westballz
aMSa never faces Hungrybox or ZeRo
ZeRo never faces Westballz or aMSa

I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem very fair.

Ex. These pool matches are incredibly unfavorable for ZeRo. He has to face Mango, Hungrybox, and Armada but not Westballz or aMSa.

These pool matches are also very favorable for s0ft who faces Leffen, Hax, and Remen and never has to run into M2K or PPMD.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Looking at the schedule again,
M2K never faces Hax or s0ft
Leffen never faces PPMD or Remen
Hax never faces M2K or Remen
PPMD never faces Leffen or s0ft

Mang0 never faces Hungrybox or Armada
Armada never faces Mang0 or Westballz
aMSa never faces Hungrybox or ZeRo
ZeRo never faces Westballz or aMSa

I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem very fair.

Ex. These pool matches are incredibly unfavorable for ZeRo. He has to face Mango, Hungrybox, and Armada but not Westballz or aMSa.
but Its round robin pools, isn't it? how do players not meet? unless they are in different pools of course.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why the **** do I have to watch an ad just because I reload the stream. **** MLG, good lord.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I generally don't care about ads being streamed in between matches since we're not really missing anything anyway, and I'm okay with breathers in between matches. Having to see ads when your stream/internet screws up a little forcing you to reload is annoying as **** though.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
At least if we have this many ads can there be variation?
I'm sick of the damn cereal and Xbax headset commercials every time I put on the stream.
Pre-post edit: lmao a different commercial went on when I was typing.

Edit: nvm Pizza Hut is being annoying too.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Injustice players are going through the same thing Smash players are right now, if not worse due to absolutely nothing happening on stream after unofficial commentators were kicked off air for making fun of what was happening.

I hope MLG gets some serious backlash through the entire FGC for sucking so hard.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Injustice players are going through the same thing Smash players are right now, if not worse due to absolutely nothing happening on stream after unofficial commentators were kicked off air for making fun of what was happening.

I hope MLG gets some serious backlash through the entire FGC for sucking so hard.
I really don't get why people are dramatizing over ads on the smash end anyway. I get it's frustrating to see ads when you have to reload, but people really shouldn't be complaining about seeing ads in between matches. It's fine if we have little breaks in between matches, and ads are a good way of passing those breaks. You can go to the bathroom, grab a snack or drink, so on and so forth. The ads however help MLG and may possibly convince MLG to stream Melee again. I mean the only ads I don't agree with are the ads before and after interviews, but honestly their haven't been that many interviews. I get it's an annoyance and it's fun to make jokes about it, but people are seriously overreacting way too much.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
For me at least it's the ads disrupting matches in progress and the likelihood they are running tournaments slower for more ad time that is upsetting.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hahahahahahahahaha, so they're showing an ad on the stream.

but then i'm getting the cockblock from mlg saying they can't show ads.

like, mlg, are you really trying to xzibit up in here? ads in yo ads?

Top Bottom