• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

metroid1117

Smash Master
The thought of having to create, give out, and grade finals is still foreign to me... I'm glad I don't have to take them anymore though >.>. Good luck to everyone who has finals!

Also, I forgot to post this when it was done, but the PM videos from the last Rolla Monthly have been uploaded. (Spoilers - I get exposed by try-hard Darkatma.)

Doubles playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF7EpQS-96imlE6qpWxBxm4pxyVWWRHMH

Singles Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF7EpQS-96imjiY9hvSi30rcZhhZEKNSC

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality

splat

Smash Lord
I know a lot of you don't care much for Smash 4, but those who are interested a bit might want to check out the Nintendo Direct that'll be aired in about six hours:

Or Sakurai could be ****ing with everyone again, that's a very viable option as well.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
By intentionally replicating Nana's throw AI you basically gave them ledge handoffs.
And when set up correctly a handoff was a kill in Melee, so I really don't see the difference. And just like in Melee this is situational based on your positioning, Nana actually being there in the first place, and at low-mid percents you can mash out of handoffs.

I mean, if you guys gave them the Melee throw AI and didn't see this coming that seems like a pretty silly oversight.
The fix would be to give Nana true random throwing if that's possible, I don't know, but at least personally I've always felt that Melee handoffs are fine. *shrug*
Melee handoffs are not infinites. They terminate at the ledge.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's totally not since we intended to remove all Ice Climber infinites.
Well it's more like a pseudo-infinite because it's not a true one, but it's totally possible to use this to get the opponent at kill % and destroy them with a smash attack, so it's close enough. I know that you guys intentionally put the hand offs in. And if you didn't intentionally put that in and planned to remove it later on, that would be a decision that I would heavily disagree with.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just finished powering through my first week of finals leik a baus, always finishing at least an hour before the end of the test.
Buuuut I'm in a double degree course and the harder half, the half where the teachers were awful at their jobs and couldn't keep me interested/awake, are after the winter holydays.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
see whenever I thought "what design could an ICs with a more mini-nana be like" the design I wanted was basically what rosalina is right now

I am 100% down for the shenanigans I can get off of this

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well. I have more hype for Smash 4 now. Back to P:M ;)

I think I finally have enough Wii U titles that I want that I can justify the purchase. Time to save up some money...

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I swear when I first saw that trailer for Zelda

WHAT WHAT HOLY **** WHAT IS THIS WHAT IS THI-- oh it's just ****ing dynasty warriors

mite b cool though.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Nothing hyping me from nintendo other than smash 4 and mario kart 8

Ginge

Smash Ace
Smash 4, MK 8, might branch further into the Zelda series (only ever did the Ocarina Of Time 3DS port), Dr. Luigi looks fun / nostalgic. But I'm really interested in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. DKC:Returns for Wii was an amazing reboot to the DKC series with a beautiful style to it. Tropical Freeze looks like it will also be solid.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
My Nintendo Direct impressions:

I love how Iwata is like " Thanks 4 cross-promoting Mario Kart for us Sakurai, buddeh!" Your so on your way out Iwata.

I love Rosalina, what D3 should have been with his minions.

Maybe some slight minion influence and control is still possible PMBR? Hint, hint.

I would have bought Dr. Luigi.......on 3DS. Bad move guys, better port it and charge me double what it's worth.

Oh, and the fact they will now slap the Zelda name on anything like that Dynasty Warriors crap is just sad.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
That smash reveal had me for a second and thought that Kirby would be in Mario Kart with a 'kart' a-la kirby air ride and got me excited then Rosalina is revealed which well... is ok, she looks cool.

Ginge

Smash Ace
If Kirby isn't in Mario Kart 8, I'm going to be mad at that trailer...

Edit: which isn't fair for Rosalina.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
*Member since Friday*

*Already has 345+ messages*

Jesus man relax, at this rate you will eclipse the god damn sun!

:roymelee:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
That trailer tricked me into thinking that we're going to get a smash bros kart racing; always wished for that to happen

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
That trailer tricked me into thinking that we're going to get a smash bros kart racing; always wished for that to happen
I mean ROB is basically in brawl because he was also in mariokart ds so that's kinda the same thing
And DK is in mariokart, and when was the last mario bros game that DK was in?

edit: holy crap ginge calm down with the post count

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Well, if Smash 4 ends up being Brawl-like with floatiness and no-combos, at least Rosalina appears to be able to do "IC desync"-esque combos.

Top Bottom