• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Umbreon said:
jordan the hat kinda works better than you think it does.
Uh...Not sure how to take this but thanks...I think >_>.

Can you make an Ice Climbers P:M video detailing everything about them? I don't have a clue what the hell Melee vs Brawl vs P:M ICs can and can't do.
Oh man that's quite a task. I'm trying to work on a Link guide atm and am really busy with work/other stuff so we'll see. Some people on the IC forums have a pretty good idea of stuff they can do so check there for some info and I'll try to answer questions as well until I manage to make a guide.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
T-Mac: IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaq: WHAT!? 9,000!?
Sorry, had to do it first.
(don't hurt me)

D

Deleted member

after brawl i can only see sakurai as an emotionally abusive sociopath.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think he'd be a cool guy to get a drink with. He wasn't trying to be a **** with Brawl, he just wanted it to be a more family/casual player friendly experience. He was designing the game for a different audience than P:M is targeting.

That being said, the fact that the next game is going to be somewhere between Melee and Brawl in terms of speed and he removed tripping means he has heard the complaints of the competitive crowd and is willing to compromise.

So yeah. Drinks and gaming with Sakurai. All for it. ^^

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I tried so hard. I put in tripping because it's more realistic than just running back and forth effortlessly. I wanted to remove double jumping, but everyone told me it was a bad idea. People want realism in their gaming.

A couple of days ago I went on a bender and decided that I wanted to set the new Smash game in an alternate universe where gravity was really really low and people could move effortlessly in the air. Nintendo execs told me that they didn't want the game to be too violent either, so instead of hard hit-stun inducing hits, I took it away and made everything as if it were a pillow colliding with a body.

They finally let me put King Dedede in the game and I was so excited that I put him in and did his voice. I can't wait to hear what gamers think about my game.

- - -

You know what? You guys suck. Melee was fine, but Brawl was my baby. I had all these new ideas and put all these new characters in and you can't appreciate anything. I work so hard so I can make the greatest game for you and you don't deserve any of it. Some of you are mature enough to appreciate Brawl's greatness, but the rest of you are stupid.

I just heard that many official Brawl tournaments use codes to remove tripping. What the hell guys? I put tripping in the game to add realism. Do you not care about realism? I remember when everyone gave Miyamoto $h!t about Wind Waker not looking real enough and then I give you realistic physics and you can't appreciate that either? You gamers suck.

- - -

I just heard some guys put together a hack of my masterpiece Brawl...to make it more like Melee. I'm downloading it right now.

- - -

I hate all my fans right now. They really thought they could make a game better than mine and all they did was make it more like Melee with my brilliant Brawl characters. What about realism? Where's the tripping? You're supposed to feel stupid when you trip, just like in real life. I tripped over my feet last week and fell down the stairs, crushing a few interns in the process and sure, I was embarrassed, but I picked myself right back up and went out to lunch. That's what you should do with tripping in Smash Brothers.

I guess this fan game isn't so bad. I'm going to pretend that the M stands for me. Project Me. It has a nice ring to it. You're welcome fans.

- - -
Just got a call from Namco saying that they wanted to help me with the new Smash Brothers game. I'm going to tell the fans that I accepted their help. After all, they put together such popular games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. They're going to think that things are going to be different this time. Little do they know that aerial tripping will appear, items will no longer have options to increase or lower the spawn rates, characters will all have stamina bars and they will need to take time to rest during long fights by standing in place for about fifteen seconds at a time.

They think I'm crazy, but I know better.

It is not I who am crazy. It is I who am mad.

- - -

I imagine the reports to the public would end at this point.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
^ giggled @ "I guess this fan game isn't so bad. I'm going to pretend that the M stands for me. Project Me. It has a nice ring to it. You're welcome fans."

He'd probably feel like PM is an affront to something that is largely his creation, contrary to his vision, etc. Even if he's not particularly offended by the implication of its existence (which is basically "Brawl's not good enough, so we made it better"), I'm not sure he'd really 'get it'. Like many Melee players, I would expect him to think that it's so similar to Melee that you might as well just play that instead.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I sometimes occasionally worry just a little bit that, with sakurai willing to add tripping in brawl, he actually would be willing to remove the option to completely turn off items, and rather just have another, lower setting that still spawns them randomly but much less often.
Then I realize I don't care because it'll probably be pretty mediocre anyway, what with the 3DS limiting the number of characters and with the mechanics probably just being a slightly improved version of brawl...

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I imagine Sakurai at the end of Melee, Brawl, and the new Smash to be a lot like Ren during the Ren & Stimpy episode "Space Madness".

With the way that Pokemon XY is, with patches and all, I assume that they could add data onto the game at an undetermined time period. Of course, I've no idea what the maximum data limit on a 3DS game card is originally.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
ok, i confessed

im bursting into flames guys please help
Water, fire extinguisher, or what they taught us back in the days of youth. Stop, drop, and roll.

If you manage to spin dash in the process of this, congrats. You've found a new form of convenient travel.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
In all seriousness though, now that you've gotten it out there, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Because if nothing else, at least you tried. No longer will you have to wonder "What if I do this?"

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
ok, i confessed

im bursting into flames guys please help
I bet youll feel relaxed now more than ever, just like what everyone said earlier, you wont regret not confessing to her (if you havent).
Live a happy life whatever the outcome will be, life can be harsh at times but dont give up into sadness. Ill get sad if you got depressed (even though ive never met any of you guys).

All in all, you must remember that, watermelon is good

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'll always root for you, no matter what! : >

I may have misworded something... or somethings... I'm going to "play" P.M. I obviously want to show/teach any upcoming, new yoshi players.. things, I always want to help people... :) I'm just not going to like "pursue it" like I am with my melee career... I'll always stick around to teach/help any yoshi players wanting to learn how "broken/amazing.. he is in p.m.. :)

that's all.. :p

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
fun fact: fedoras originated as a first-wave feminism thing from a theater play about a suit-wearing classy-as-butts lady

which is amazing, given the modern interpretation of them

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
With the way that Pokemon XY is, with patches and all, I assume that they could add data onto the game at an undetermined time period. Of course, I've no idea what the maximum data limit on a 3DS game card is originally.
I'd have to assume at least twice the DS capacity, given that they had to manage over 700 different 3D compatible models and animations of Pokemon not only in battle but also (though not 3D) in Pokemon Amie. And Lumiose City, well, just kind of speaks for itself. Combine that with the fact that you can fit so much flash memory into so little space these days (I mean seriously http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS6QY/ holy wtf the usb part is bigger than the storage part) that it's entirely and probably easily possible.

Top Bottom