• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

red9rd

Smash Ace
The expansion for Rome 2 Total war came out today. Lets see how much more I can be disappointed in Creative Assembly.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Is there something wrong at the moment with the dropdown icon menu on Smashboards? I'm trying to update the tournament thread with character icons, but it's difficult to do without the menu.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Infinite on a defenseless CPU is one thing, but can it be reproduced on a real opponent?

Will probably be patched out next update anyhow.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
So I just tried that infinite out to see if it was real, and I found something funny. That infinite only works near the edges when Nana is facing away from the edge. Aka it requires a rather specific setup otherwise Nana won't back throw and will instead up throw or fthrow. Gonna try it on some other characters to see if it's fox only and just generally test how the Nana AI works.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
In fairness, that's the cutest infinite ever. It's almost like they're playing hot potato - Popo keeps getting rid of Fox, and Nana's like "no! take him back!"

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
In fairness, that's the cutest infinite ever. It's almost like they're playing hot potato - Popo keeps getting rid of Fox, and Nana's like "no! take him back!"
You really are a special kind of evil.

Chzrm3 The Sadist.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Handoffs at the ledge are nothing new to Icies and were in Melee as well. Maybe not that exact variation, but 0-death handoffs were still a thing. The thing is, it's totally dependent on stage position. It works because Nana's AI will always try to throw the opponent offstage if you are close enough to the ledge or with the right positioning on a platform her AI becomes predictable as well. PM replicated Nana's Melee AI when she grabs the opponent IIRC so this is in a way intentional.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Is there something wrong at the moment with the dropdown icon menu on Smashboards? I'm trying to update the tournament thread with character icons, but it's difficult to do without the menu.
I don't think we have the same icons as we did before, but you can reference this page for a full list of the icons available.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I know this is probably not important to any of you guys....BUT.

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN FOR ME.

This is the only other thing I have been waiting for that is just as hype as 3.0 for me.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I know this is probably not important to any of you guys....BUT.

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN FOR ME.

This is the only other thing I have been waiting for that is just as hype as 3.0 for me.

Oo, did they add a new hero? I really enjoyed that game - haven't played it in years, haha. When I last played, I think there were only three characters. A mage, a warrior with a shield, and a warrior with two swords.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Oo, did they add a new hero? I really enjoyed that game - haven't played it in years, haha. When I last played, I think there were only three characters. A mage, a warrior with a shield, and a warrior with two swords.
They've added 3 since then.

We are about to get our 4th one.

THE ONE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
They've added 3 since then.

We are about to get our 4th one.

THE ONE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

Wow, I might have to download that again and check it out, haha. What have they released since then? I know they were talking about a heavy guy and an archer, I think?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Wow, I might have to download that again and check it out, haha. What have they released since then? I know they were talking about a heavy guy and an archer, I think?
Lets see. as far as characters goes.

Lann : Twin Swords/Twin Spears
Fiona : Long sword/Long Hammer & Small Shield/Large Shield
Evie : Battle Staff/Battle Scythe
Karok : Battle Pillar/Cestus (Battle fist type thing...with explosions....)
Kai : Bow/Crossgun (Van Helsing)
Vella : Twin Swords/Twin Chainblades
Hurk : Greatsword (TOMORROW)

They've overall increased the amount of content significantly as well along with buffing of classes.

Not to say the game doesn't have a sheer number of problems still.

Early game content materials have been so far devalued it's ridiculous and because of that there is no reason to run the content at high levels. Influx of new players is really low so there isn't many people to play with early game. There will be for a short period of time since a new character is coming out though.

Economic problems are still present from Gold bots and other such things along with Nexon's mishandling of the game. Very recently though (like 3 months) they have been stepping up their game at combating illegitimate players and maintaining the game.

Difficulty of bosses in early game content have been lowered significantly. This is a bad thing because the difference in skill required from most of the early game content takes a sharp turn in the 50+ area where unnerfed bosses are still present. Apparently though it was nerfed because the early game content was too hard. (I wouldn't believe it but I have found people that find the current early game too hard. I think they should just Git Gud.)

I could ramble on forever about this game. But I won't.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
turned out a lot better than expected

though, at one point she said

i almost died

but yeah, we're stayin' friends, and she was really flattered when i said she was cool

i hella dig it

also fun fact, i was half kidding last night when i said im bursting into flames, i went into the kitchen, and reached over my grandfather's altar to grab something that fell down, and my sleeve caught fire on a candle.

I'm sorry grandpa, i didn't mean for that to happen

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You could actually do this in Melee. In fact, the basic mechanics of it is what you see Fly do all the time in his sets. It requires a very specific set-up and is incredibly hard to do consistently. Either way, in theory this infinite is intentional.
It's totally not since we intended to remove all Ice Climber infinites.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

No, this is why they call it Crush

See I'm beginning to question this young lady and her knowledge

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's totally not since we intended to remove all Ice Climber infinites.
By intentionally replicating Nana's throw AI you basically gave them ledge handoffs.
And when set up correctly a handoff was a kill in Melee, so I really don't see the difference. And just like in Melee this is situational based on your positioning, Nana actually being there in the first place, and at low-mid percents you can mash out of handoffs.

I mean, if you guys gave them the Melee throw AI and didn't see this coming that seems like a pretty silly oversight.
The fix would be to give Nana true random throwing if that's possible, I don't know, but at least personally I've always felt that Melee handoffs are fine. *shrug*

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
What do you guys do when you're just playing really bad for a long time? I don't mean like poor execution or anything. Just playing badly. Like getting read on everything, not being able to adapt to situations quickly, slow reactions, etc.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What do you guys do when you're just playing really bad for a long time? I don't mean like poor execution or anything. Just playing badly. Like getting read on everything, not being able to adapt to situations quickly, slow reactions, etc.
figure out what or why and play until it stops happening

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I just realized in that Ice Climbers video you can say "don't get grabbed" with every hit of that infinite.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is this playing badly relative to what you know you're capable of or is it just playing badly because you aren't good yet?
If you're not a great player and playing poorly then the only solution is to keep playing. Practice practice practice, learn from your mistakes, don't get upset when you get stomped by better players and just use them as learning experiences. Be analytic with yourself, and straight up ask your opponents what you can be doing different. If you know you have a bad habit then actively try to work on it during matches. You'll get faster over time the more you play, you'll be able to adapt to situations better, etc. It all just comes with time and having a good attitude that promotes learning.

If you're having a bad streak and you know you are capable of better...
Take a breather to be honest.
Go do something else for a bit and come back with a clear head.
I find that playing more makes things worse if you're on a bad streak. You'll just keep beating yourself up about it until you stop having fun.
Do what you got to do to get your mind off of Smash for a little bit. Have a smoke, get a drink or something to eat, take a nice dump, whatever works for you.
You'll come back playing like a brand new person compared to how you were doing before the break.
If it's a really long running bad streak, like weeks or months, then you probably just have to take a more extended break from Smash. Don't play for a couple weeks or whatever or however long you feel you need. Play some other games or whatever for the time being. Forget about your Smash troubles for a bit.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Helpful stuff
Thanks for the detailed answer. Although it isn't consistent, there are times when I play really good and surprise myself. Most of the time though, I'm not that great at all. I find myself playing on autopilot alot. If what I'm doing doesn't work and gets punished over and over, I panic and can't figure out what to do next. Or if I happen to hit the person in the air and I chase to continue the combo, I find it very difficult to adapt when the attack(s) I had in mind don't connect or I suddenly become endangered.

Bottom line, I have never been good at making snap decisions (that work) or predicting people well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm 95% positive you probably need to further explore and experiment with mobility. Being as comfortable as possible with how your character moves is integral to just about anything. You don't have to read people as hard, if you play less commital and don't have to think as much about what the other guy is gonna do. When you think about all the WD opportunities, being able to shield out of dash dance, etc it opens the game up and allieves some of the "pressure" you feel to approach correctly all the time.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Have finals as well today, gahhh. I'm really hoping I pass my Art final, cause that class was a drag. Not to mention I have an essay to turn in as well for my FYS. Damn college and all their papers.

Top Bottom