• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Ginge

Smash Ace
I managed to pull out a C in my last Calculus course... that I was taking again for the second time. :x

Math is the core academic reason I'm not going for a Bachelor's... it's just too much for me. Diff Equations for Computer Science? Really? -_-

Now English, however... I did well enough to qualify for their fancy Greek letter club equivalent. They sent me an email about it, but... I'm too busy gaming to keep up with clubs >.>
I ended my education with a B.S. in Computer Science and Math (double major) and got into the fancy Greek letter club equivalent for math (Pi Mu Epsilon). I'm not doing anything with the group, but getting inducted into it looks good on a resumé. You might want to consider it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have a degree in the study of Roy's Dtilt

Graduate Spoiler Alert: It's good

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Uhhhh.... how did it die?
When I turned it on today it seemed like the control stick was stuck going up, I tried everything possible to fix it but nothing worked. I tried again later and the control stick was stuck going down, I did everything I did before and nothing worked.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Joystick death in under two weeks? I like your style. Play hard or go home.

On the serious end: that sucks. Any way to contact the company about a replacement since you just got it?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Joystick death in under two weeks? I like your style. Play hard or go home.

On the serious end: that sucks. Any way to contact the company about a replacement since you just got it?
I just tried that and apparently I can only get a replacement if the controller breaks in under a week.

EDIT: I should of probably looked for information like this before clicking purchase.

EDIT2: What if I said that I have broken Gamecube controllers on the first day I got them.

did you try resetting the controller? X+Y+start
Yes

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Newb question:
I previously thought that JC grabs were always the best grab option unless shield grabbing, but I've noticed that Yoshi's, D3's, Samus's, and Bowser's dash grabs seem to be either better than their JC grabs or have different utility. Is this accurate? Is dash grabbing sometimes more effective than JC grabbing with certain characters?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Some dash grabs can indeed be better, and boost grabbing can also be better than a JC grab. By better though, I only mean for grabbing with more range or with a better boost in momentum. JC grab sometimes will not take you far enough out of a run or dash, or a character will have an amazing dash grab like Ness. When it comes to endlag, usually you will experience much more lag for whiffing a dash grab than a JC grab, so the trade off for those characters is a "better" effective range with harder punishes if you miss. On the other hand, some characters have very crappy dash grabs because they give little "boost" forward when used. In those situations where a dash grab has equal or less effective range, it's always better to JC grab out of a dash because you will retain similar or better momentum AND have the benefits of a less laggy grab

On a more obscure note, dash grabs sometimes have noticeably different grab hitboxes or locations. A perfect example of this is for grabbing short or crouching characters. A standing or JC grab might miss these characters by grabbing higher, where as a dash grab could probably scoop down lower. The obvious reasoning being that out of a dash, your character is already in motion and would probably not grab with 50/50 perfect standing balance, so you would be leaning down a bit or would be slightly less tall from leaning forward. Animation wise you can probably notice a few dash grabs on taller characters seem to have the character crouched slightly or grabbing from less than full height.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I just tried that and apparently I can only get a replacement if the controller breaks in under a week.

EDIT: I should of probably looked for information like this before clicking purchase.

EDIT2: What if I said that I have broken Gamecube controllers on the first day I got them.

They might ask why you didn't contact them sooner.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
They might ask why you didn't contact them sooner.
No, I mean what would you say if I told you that I had broken Gamecube controllers day one. I`ve contacted the company for all of my day one controllers and have had them replaced.

Ginge

Smash Ace
How about.... you order another one, when it gets to you, say "It's broken" and send back the currently broken one instead?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I have a degree in PM online

Graduate Spoiler Alert: It sucks

But seriously, being an offline player and transitioning to online play is horrible. Like, god awful.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I wish I had friends to break my Gamecube controllers with:urg:. Will you break my Gamecube controllers with me?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My dissertation was titled "Exploration of the Human Mind Using Super Smash Brothers as a Medium: The Significance of Roy in Our Universe"

I concluded that, quite frankly, Roy's Dtilt is proof that Jesus walked the Earth. He mostly likely used his Jesus Tilt to walk on water.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I have to drive an hour and a half each way anytime I want to play any version of Smash with friends. And the people I play with generally prefer to play Brawl for most of the time, then go to Project M to mess around at the end if they feel like it that day.

So I feel your pain. Also, have yet to try online play since the first couple months after Brawl came out ^^;;

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
One person trashes Project M simply because he got utterly destroyed in his first time playing it in torunaments
and he enjoyed it before then

He still gets made fun of to this day

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`m currently researching the history of competitive Smash and more specifically Melee and Project M, does anyone know any good places to kind of "relive the magic"?

Ginge

Smash Ace
We need a documentary to be made on this subject. Along the lines of VH1's "I Love The 90s". Get the big name Melee players to get interviewed while a narrator talks of the trends and missteps.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
We need a documentary to be made on this subject. Along the lines of VH1's "I Love The 90s". Get the big name Melee players to get interviewed while a narrator talks of the trends and missteps.
I have found a good documentary called "The Smash Brothers" made by EastPointPictures. You should look it up because it`s really good.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I would love to see a documentary of Isai and the ups and downs of the Melee and Brawl scene. I was there for the infamous Unity Ruleset MK ban... man was that insane.
everyone was there for the unity ruleset, and only max plebs thought MK was broken, i personally along with a large part of the people i knew "personally" aka friends and **** that played brawl, only voted for the ban because we were tired of seeing MK dittos/quads on basically EVERY stream

pressbtowin

Vickyboi

Smash Cadet
QQQQQQQ7777777, did you try "massaging" the control-stick?
My secondary controller had a drift, I fixed it by pressed down hard on the stick and doing 360s.

(Massage the knob!)

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I need my friends that play PM to come live closer or something lol. I don't wanna have to practice online all the way until Apex happens. Then I'll be on that 7 frame lag mode.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Kirby has some hats that require separate files for each of his colors, we would need to look into getting both creating newly colored hats and getting alternative versions of these files to load to give Kirby more colors.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about these. Thanks for the explanation.

Don't forget Purple Kirby once you fix this.

Edit: Ginge is a Smashboards machine. I posted this and jumped to the last page, and he had already liked it by the time I got here.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I went to sleep at 5pm last night + I just woke up now

LORD was that a good sleep. I actually really needed that I felt awful all day yesterday

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I went to sleep at 5pm last night + I just woke up now

LORD was that a good sleep. I actually really needed that I felt awful all day yesterday
I hope you aren't in the west, because it's 1:30, and that's not a good time to wake up.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
it's 4am, so 11 hours

a lot more than I usually get so I'm down
Damn that sounds like a good sleep.

Gimmie some of them hours. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.

With that being said, I probably won't respond to the next message.

Top Bottom