• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

Ginge

Smash Ace
Jesus ****ing Christ the Isai episode is depressing.

In the best of ways of course.
I just wanted to like... give him a hug. Or a pat on the back. Cause I know the feelings they showed him having and they are not fun in the slightest ><;;

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
My favorite episode is the M2K episode, but the Isai one is an extremely close second.
BUT WHERE DID THE NARRATOR GO.

HE JUST LIKE, ****ING DISAPPEARED.

I really didn't find myself enjoying the later episodes just because of the difference in organization compared to the earlier ones. The Mango one was particularly poorly organized.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just wanted to like... give him a hug. Or a pat on the back. Cause I know the feelings they showed him having and they are not fun in the slightest ><;;
He's happy now, if it makes you feel better! I saw him comment on the video about how he's got a girlfriend and ****. It's all good in the hood for Isai, no need to feel bad for him!

Ginge

Smash Ace
That episode makes it seem like Isai died, with just the audio of the interview and a slide show.
This. That was the exact feeling I was getting watching the episode. And since I've never really looked at the pro scene before, I had to Google to make sure he was okay ><;;

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
On another forum I used to go to, I had an avatar of a person. So I could put hats on him for like the seasons / holidays. It was fun. But now I have this very non-person avatar here. So it's harder to do that kinda thing but still fun.

<- winter!

Christmas attempt will be coming closer to the actual day.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
had a cashier ranting about how workers have to say "happy holidays" and then immediately turned to me to say "you're okay with 'merry christmas' I bet so"

miss I'm buying about a half-dozen bags of chips and some ginger ale I don't think I'd be an accurate representation of the ppl, shut up and let me shove junk in my mouth in peace

e: no need for av change, I'm already red and green B)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The random anime pictures really kind of ruin the episode for me. Just seems cheesy and there's SO MANY OF THEM
I agree, though apparently it worked with half of the smash community being fans of that style of anime. I would have stuck with footage of nature/hiking which he might be enjoying as a form of escapism: and then bring the footage back at the end of the series because Smash is a form of escapism.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I have been sleeping a lot lately because I`m on break for christmas. Like I have been getting at least 14 hours of sleep each day with how much I nap, but I still feel sleepy and my eyes feel so heavy.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm actually not the biggest fan of Christmas. The Christmas music takeover of the radio, for instance, begins way too soon. And then it is such a dominating presence. And stores starting earlier and earlier putting up Christmas decorations (I saw them before Halloween even happened this year. Skipping a holiday or two, much?).

However, I like what the holiday is about (giving and good will. Maybe not the birth of a non-globally-recognized son of a non-globally-recognized deity). I'm an atheist, brought up Christian, so I don't really care about religious things. I'm just used to Christmas and Easter being things that happen in my family... :p

I just couldn't deny the Kirby in a Santa hat. He looks so cute in it. The dark side to it is: did he inhale+swallow Santa? Does that make his copy ability to throw presents at people out of a 4th dimensional storage bag?

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
So PM netplay is becoming ever more viable via dolphin. Actually being able to play the game online discuss.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I just couldn't deny the Kirby in a Santa hat. He looks so cute in it. The dark side to it is: did he inhale+swallow Santa? Does that make his copy ability to throw presents at people out of a 4th dimensional storage bag?
but santa isn`t rea..... *sob*sob*sob* OH SHUT UP YOUR TOO YOUNG TO BE ON THESE FORUMS! better shut up before I ruin the easter bunny for them to..... *sob*sob*sob*

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Meanwhile, you guys all have Christmas hats and I'm making Marth feel lonely without one.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Yeah, one of these days I've gotta watch that Smash documentary. I really wanna watch it with my brother but he's always busy - maybe over Christmas break?

Also, I gotta get a Christmas hat too. This avatar has such a big hat, though. It's like.... yeah if I was good at art, I could probably make something happen. As is, I'm just gonna pretend Ness is Jewish.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yeah, one of these days I've gotta watch that Smash documentary. I really wanna watch it with my brother but he's always busy - maybe over Christmas break?

Also, I gotta get a Christmas hat too. This avatar has such a big hat, though. It's like.... yeah if I was good at art, I could probably make something happen. As is, I'm just gonna pretend Ness is Jewish.
You should go watch Eight Crazy Nights, I think there`s a jewish dance somewhere in there but it`s mostly filled with racist stereotypes and raindeers eating ****.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The random anime pictures really kind of ruin the episode for me. Just seems cheesy and there's SO MANY OF THEM
I know! Is Isaiah really into anime or something? What the **** did Hatsune Miku have to do with any of that?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
dammit, answer me bakas
If it's any help, Jake Kaufman is responsible for DDN's remixed soundtrack. I have his works from Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 on Smashville and they're ****in' awesome. Check out his bandcamp website and see if you find what you're looking for.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I agree, though apparently it worked with half of the smash community being fans of that style of anime. I would have stuck with footage of nature/hiking which he might be enjoying as a form of escapism: and then bring the footage back at the end of the series because Smash is a form of escapism.

the anime screen shots are from five centimeters per second, which is an anime movie about a guy and a girl (mostly the guy) and how they drift apart as time goes by, although it was actually fitting for what Isai was talking about, it would have been better if he got some parts of the movie and not just static images, but whatever

btw for any of you who wanna watch the movie, don't believe any comments about how it made them cry and blah blah blah, it was sorta sad thats all, i mean **** i had a box of tissues and everything next to me and in the end i was like "meh"

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just a question for the PMBR.

But do characters still fall faster in P:M while they are in the blast bubbles?

I know this is a very small and relatively unknown mechanic that was in Brawl, but the only real characters it affects are Ness and Lucas.

The reason being is that if you UP-B while in the side Bubbles, it absolutely screws up the timing of Ness and Lucas PKT2 because they are falling slightly faster then when they are on screen.

Don't believe me just go try it. PKT2 recover onscreen then try the same timing for when you are in a blast bubble. You will screw it up 50% or more of the time.

I'm pretty sure this mechanic wasn't in melee, and I can't find the original thread that talked about it in Brawl.

But I'm curious if it was addressed,(i'm assuming not considering in 3.0 it still f's up his recovery) or if it ever will be.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I watched that movie 5 cm per second, and the only thing I got out of it was "don't put p*ssy on a pedestal or it will ruin your life."

Was that the message of the movie?

Oh ****, 666 the beast has awakened!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've never heard of that, Xebenkeck. Are you sure the increased amount of failed recoveries isn't because you can't see your PKT which leads to incorrectly angled PKT2s?

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I watched that movie 5 cm per second, and the only thing I got out of it was "don't put p*ssy on a pedestal or it will ruin your life."

Was that the message of the movie?

Oh ****, 666 the beast has awakened!

XD how did you get that message?

the movie says it all in the title, but i found it a little dumb how they just focused on the guy fantasizing about the girl and how miserable and depressed he seemed from not talking to her, while the girl gets ****ing married, they could have at least showed both sides of the story, then i might have felt bad, **** i mean idk maybe the girl still thinks about him or something

if you guys really wanna cry from animu, watch "grave yard of the fireflies" or "Here and There, Now and Then" now that **** is seriously sad

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I fairly sure its a real thing. For someone like me who has used Ness for every smash game using PKT is muscle memory at this point. And it consistently is different in blast bubbles.

Also i really wish I could find the thread that talked about it, but i think the DDoS got rid of a lot of old threads. But I think AA, was the person who discovered it.

I think the thread was talking about the effects of Blast Bubbles in general, like the DMG you get, etc. And in it he asked the question " have you ever wondered why Ness and Lucas users mess up their recoveries" and then went on to talk about it.

Top Bottom