• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
XD how did you get that message?

the movie says it all in the title, but i found it a little dumb how they just focused on the guy fantasizing about the girl and how miserable and depressed he seemed from not talking to her, while the girl gets ****ing married, they could have at least showed both sides of the story, then i might have felt bad, **** i mean idk maybe the girl still thinks about him or something
That's why!

He should have gotten with that cool surfer girl instead of whining and pining over falsely sweet memories of a person who doesn't exist anymore.

People find this kind of thing romantic, I see it as very much the opposite.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
That's why!

He should have gotten with that cool surfer girl instead of whining and pining over falsely sweet memories of a person who doesn't exist anymore.

**** your right, he really should have gone with her, i mean seriously being forever in love and not being recognized for it is down right depressing and unfair, not romantic for ****s sake

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the audio was recorded back when the rest of the clips for him were made. Isai didn't have any modern footage looking back at the time period. He liked her, he used that tag because of it. They were just explaining the tag and how it showed what he was like as a person. He has moved on.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
**** your right, he really should have gone with her, i mean seriously being forever in love and not being recognized for it is down right depressing and unfair, not romantic for ****s sake
Plus, you end up hating the person you supposedly love most likely.

One thing to forgive someone's flaws, it's another thing when they don't give a **** about you in a practical sense, like thinking and asking about your well being.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the audio was recorded back when the rest of the clips for him were made. Isai didn't have any modern footage looking back at the time period. He liked her, he used that tag because of it. They were just explaining the tag and how it showed what he was like as a person. He has moved on.
The audio interview with Samox? Isai just doesn't like interviews so he compromised just audio with him

Ginge

Smash Ace
Having finished watching the whole documentary. PC Chris's comment at the end of the video was a little odd to me. He said something about finding it funny being old and playing smash. Then used 35 as an age that is old. I was picturing him at like, 86 kicking ass in Melee and he meant 35. :rolleyes:

Edit:
The audio interview with Samox? Isai just doesn't like interviews so he compromised just audio with him
Ah, okay. Didn't know that. I dunno. I still look back fondly at the first girl I was serious with. I'm not still in love with her, but talking about that time in my life might make me sound like I was.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That's why!

Seriously lol 5cm per second pissed me off sometimes because Tohno was such an oblivious idiot.
The movie wasn't even sad for me, I found the ending of Angel Beats sadder, I legit shed a tear for that.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Have something festive from me.

I couldn't find the character in my original avatar with a santa hat... just in other clothes... or none at all...

PM tho

metroid1117

Smash Master
I fairly sure its a real thing. For someone like me who has used Ness for every smash game using PKT is muscle memory at this point. And it consistently is different in blast bubbles.

Also i really wish I could find the thread that talked about it, but i think the DDoS got rid of a lot of old threads. But I think AA, was the person who discovered it.

I think the thread was talking about the effects of Blast Bubbles in general, like the DMG you get, etc. And in it he asked the question " have you ever wondered why Ness and Lucas users mess up their recoveries" and then went on to talk about it.
I remember this discovery from back when I took Brawl seriously, but I don't remember what thread it was =/.

Ginge

Smash Ace
So this just showed up in my Facebook News Feed. I.... I'm really not okay with the attitude of the people on the show.

Link

SpiderMad

Smash Master
dropping a new G&W&L for you guys
Ike too has good underutilized IASA on his Dair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5SEGAHiDz8

I think the thread was talking about the effects of Blast Bubbles in general, like the DMG you get, etc. And in it he asked the question " have you ever wondered why Ness and Lucas users mess up their recoveries" and then went on to talk about it.
I also searched a bit for the PKT blast zone thread you guys mentioned, didn't find it. Who is AA you're referring to? AmazingAmpharos? I didn't see any threads from'em on the Ness boards. It didn't seem like threads were deleted, they go back to the beginning, and u got about 4 threads u made still there along one from metroid I saw

D

Deleted member

you think so? i think they're spot on.

even if they were wrong, it'd be like republican men talking about abortion laws where they just have no frame of reference. but real talk, you can market it however you want but pressing buttons isn't a sport.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if what we do isn't considered a sport, i really don't give a **** about anything that the definition of a "sport" includes

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's not a sport.
It's a competition.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Ginge

Smash Ace
- They asked for statistics for the overlap of the 20 million people watching with Star Trek convention goers.
- They had not researched anything into that event (or any of the other events for gaming).
- They insulted the people who watched the event for being crazier than the people playing the game.
- We could say the same thing they did about the event towards sports: it's a game.

I'm okay with the idea that it's not an accepted sport. That's fine. I don't even know if I'd call it a sport myself. But being dismissive about people who enjoy playing/watching the event? Or ignoring the amount of time they put into practicing their game? Chess can be considered a sport (officially recognized by the International Olympics Committee as such), why not pro gaming?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Ah, but steering a wheel, or simply throwing a ball is? Really, it doesn't take overly extraneous amounts of physical activity for an activity to enter the realm of sport. Chess is an excellent example, being near nothing but pure strategy and reading the state of your opponents. You may not be gasping like a fish out of water from such practice, but it can be considered a sport all the same.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just like some of the people in the comments said, I don't really care if competitive gaming isn't considered a sport. I'm not trying to gain acceptance from outsiders, I'm just playing the game in a competitive sense and I'm having fun with it.
If outsiders decide to consider eSports as a real sport then cool, if not then we'll still keep doing what we do.

MLGF

Smash Lord
A game is something you play to have fun with, a sport is something you play to win at.
What?
I did not swim for six years straight to become good at it, or at least not entirely. I met some people that I really liked being around and enjoy the workouts.
On a professional level, I'm sure most of them still have a passion for what they do. It's not all about winning.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The real hard thing for me to understand is how people would all gather to watch a child version of Dota

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Claiming eSports aren't real sports can be a valid viewpoint. Granted, you can almost be assured that the views they expressed in that video come from a lack of understanding rather than any real argumentative process (which is more of a problem than claiming they aren't sports), it is a correct viewpoint dependent on the definition of "sport."
So before you actually can argue about whether or not eSports are indeed sports, you must first establish an accepted definition of the term.
SportAccord, the largest organization of international sporting federations (and as such I would suggest the most appropriate organization to establish an accepted definition) including both Olympic and non-Olympic defines a sport as:
- A sport must include an element of competition
- Luck should not be specifically integrated into the sport
- Should not pose undue risk to the health and safety of participants
- Should be in no way harmful to any living creature
- Should not be reliant on equipment provided by a single supplier
They then divide sports into five categories: Physical, mental, coordination, motorized, and animal assisted.

By that definition, eSports are absolutely sports, somewhere between mental and coordination driven.

As much as I love that definition of sports, it isn't a universal definition. Open up a dictionary and you'll probably see a simple definition that defines sports as requiring athleticism. If you use a definition like that, then eSports are not sports. Physical prowess can certainly help when playing video games at the highest competitive level, that of which professional eSport players are at, because a fit body promotes faster responses and mental endurance, but we're all kidding ourselves if we say that's a requirement to playing them at the highest level. And if somebody chooses to use that kind of a definition they're not inherently wrong.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I don't care if it's sports

for the same reason I don't care if most things I enjoy are "legitimate" in the eyes of traditional concepts

I just want it to be acknowledged that stuff folks like, even if you, personally, dislike it, can be a thing people enjoy, do so passionately, and arguably at times, love

I don't know what word you want to use to describe that. but, regardless, that is what I want

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't particularly care if it's considered sports, but it's insulting the way they dismissed it and said "Oh, those are just the people you see at Star Trek conventions!" They're ignorant to the point of condescension.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
This is such a silly topic.

It really doesn't ****ing matter what it's recognized as, and it's sad that that is what those hosts would rather talk about instead of what the actual event was about. They felt the need to invalidate it rather than analyze it... So close-minded.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
If it's any help, Jake Kaufman is responsible for DDN's remixed soundtrack. I have his works from Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 on Smashville and they're ****in' awesome. Check out his bandcamp website and see if you find what you're looking for.
yah, i already know about MSF, i put songs from 2 on Pokemon Stadium1. I can't imagine it on smashville :v
Any Pop Song from the 80s.

(for Green Hill Zone)
ily

EDIT - i think i accidentally double post, my bad

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It kinda rustles my jimmies when people use racing as the lowest denominator of "sport'. Not only are race drivers in a sport, they are also athletes. The g forces that F1 and LeMans drivers undergo is deadly to those that aren't used to it and who don't have the muscle tone. When rounding a corner in an LMP1 car, the drivers hold their breath, as the g-forces are enough to puncture lungs if they don't. Being physically fit is necessary to be successful as a racer, and if you aren't, your body literally can't handle the speed..
Esports are games that require physical training and prowess, therefore a sport. While I might not call some pro gamers "athletes" in the traditional sense, they do undergo physical conditioning in the aspects of hand-eye coordination, apm, and reflexes. So they definitely are sports, and thus possibly by extension, athletes.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
It's less that I care about it being a sport, and more that I care that they have such a mocking attitude towards it.

On another note, I have had surprising success with Yoshi. Frickin' weird to play though, haha.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
lol those kind of people always make me laugh at how close minded they are, sometimes i dream of being some famous celebrity or politician or anything just so i could have the "right" to laugh in their faces (i totally would)

I mean seriously, lots of times i have to remind some people that, yes, video games are just interactive games, and yes, you play with a control instead of throwing or kicking or shoving a ball through a bunch of mini-hulks, but they also forget that soccer, football, basketball, hockey etc. are GAMES they started out as simple physical GAMES

Honestly i could care less if eSports is considered anything at all bc i don't care, in the end i don't train to be the very best and winning is not my destiny, i just wanna have fun jesus

although i do wish Dota 2 rises up and somehow beats LoL (although that just seems impossible) since it seems to me like a much more intresting and dynamic game that puts emphases on teamwork and not just "i got bot, i got mid, i got top" etc. i also die a little when they call themselves gamers this and that, and then you ask them "hey you ever played Quake? no, how about unreal tournament? uhhhh how about ****ing pokemon, you must have played....pokemon"

Top Bottom