• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Speaking of anime series and what not can anymore recommend me that is mystery and or horror based so I can watch it next month that is not Death Note cause I already seen it? Right now I am watching Monster and is very psychological with it's mystery which I love right now.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering what the monster series is about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_(manga)

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think the best part of the entire Metroid saga was fighting Black Ridley in freefall down that infinite space station shaft.

Speaking of anime series and what not can anymore recommend me that is mystery and or horror based so I can watch it next month that is not Death Note cause I already seen it? Right now I am watching Monster and is very psychological with it's mystery which I love right now.
There's one showing right now this season that's good. Tokyo Ghouls? I mean people say it's good.

You may also like ergo proxy, it's kind of a dark sci-fi mindf*ck.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering what the monster series is about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_(manga)
Bruh I already said watch Psycho pass, if you like monster you will for sure like psycho pass. Psycho pass has a lot of really smart characters, so there are no moments where you will be like, ""SINON YOU ****ING IDIOT, JUST SHOOT HIM!!!!!" It also has a lot of thinking in it, because in order to catch someone with a clouded psycho pass, you have to think like someone with a clouded psycho pass. So the characters piece together different details in order to solve mysteries. It is really cool.
It also has an extremely badass villain.

Monster was awesome, love that show.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

Did you see that list of shows I said were some of my favorites? Look into those shows.

Bazkip

Smash Master

Terror in Resonance? I've not actually heard anything about it, but given that it's by Watanabe, it's likely very, very good.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Holy crap I actually try to have a theorycraft/potential metagame discussions with the smash 4 threads, but all most of them they want to do is talk about "I'm going to use male robin, I'm a male, and males are normally stronger, so I'll feel like I'm doing more damage when I hit them as Male Robin" or "Girl Robin's voice is so KAWAII DESUUU~~ that I just have to play female robin."

Thats what I get for trying i guess. It'll be a few years before all the new people filter-out or get serious about the competative parts of the characters, and by then we will know what the game itself shaped up to be. Until then, I'll just stick to Melee/PM and only lurk in that deep dark part of smashboards.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I hate that pics like these always use Ridley's SM/Melee model because if Ridley were to be in Smash 4, it would most likely be his Other M model which looks really weird. Super Metroid Ridley was the best Ridley design imo.
Everyone thought that if Pac-Man got in they would use the weird modern designs. If he ever got in a playable character, Ridley would probably use the SM/Melee/Brawl design to fit more with the other characters. As a stage boss (he probably will be) the Other M design would work better because it would fit the stage aesthetics. Ridley's design is too complicated for Smash.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I think the best part of the entire Metroid saga was fighting Black Ridley in freefall down that infinite space station shaft.

There's one showing right now this season that's good. Tokyo Ghouls? I mean people say it's good.
I'll check that out. I heard about it actually and just never looked into it.
You may also like ergo proxy, it's kind of a dark sci-fi mindf*ck.
Bruh I already said watch Psycho pass, if you like monster you will for sure like psycho pass. Psycho pass has a lot of really smart characters, so there are no moments where you will be like, ""SINON YOU ****ING IDIOT, JUST SHOOT HIM!!!!!" It also has a lot of thinking in it, because in order to catch someone with a clouded psycho pass, you have to think like someone with a clouded psycho pass. So the characters piece together different details in order to solve mysteries. It is really cool.

Psycho Pass I've never heard of but I will give it a shot.

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er - Dude I forgot all about that list dawg.

@ Bazkip Bazkip - Terror in Resonance done by Watanabe that's is going on to watch list lol.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Archer from small soldiers or Archer from Archer cause neither of those characters uses a magical sword?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Everyone thought that if Pac-Man got in they would use the weird modern designs. If he ever got in a playable character, Ridley would probably use the SM/Melee/Brawl design to fit more with the other characters. As a stage boss (he probably will be) the Other M design would work better because it would fit the stage aesthetics. Ridley's design is too complicated for Smash.
The old design is better too since the Ridley in Other M isn't even the same Ridley from the other games. It's a clone because the real one died in Super Metroid. He was shoehorned into that game in the laziest way possible.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
So just to be clear, is the horde of people begging for Ridley as a char. in just like, silent assumption that he'd have to be shrunk down to the size of bowser or etc?

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

ima watch these sound right up my ally ty.

edit: god like music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFItwVesTw

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
And Ganon is supposed to be 10+ feet tall, Olimar is like 3 cm tall, Bowser's size changes constantly within the Mario franchise and he still got shrunk down, etc

Size isn't why ridley isn't in, Its because even if he was just a Charizard clone its too much work for no real return, Ridley is not a very well known character outside metroid enthusiasts and people who want him in smash.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If you look at some Brawl mods that have Ridley reskins, they look good.

Other M's supposedly groundbreaking plot that developed Samus is literally all rehash from Fusion. The only things it reveals are that Samus falls for the same thing twice in a row and that
Adam dies.

OR DOES HE? They leave it open to the possibility that he might come back as a cyborg or something.
you can't put spoilers in spoilers :(
How name spoilers?

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
The fate stay or whatever series seems real popular.

Anyway yeah, Ridley's size was like 5% of the reason I don't think he's a good idea for smash. I do agree that size shouldn't be an issue with characters and that resizing them is okay, I mean so many of them already are.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I only watched like 10 episodes of Monster before not getting the time to continue. From the little I watched, the show was already pretty darn good. Wish I had the time to finish.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Almost everyone in fate zero is a badass. Fate stay night had archer, though, and he's one of the most badass characters in the whole of the Nasuverse. I wish my hdd hasn't crashed so I could actually play through the game. And then finish all the other visual novels I had. Gotta finish katawa shoujo and saya no uta and gotta go through the entirety of little busters and f/sn and then maybe one day get f/ha

Also now I'm watching princess jellyfish.

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
How many frames of buffer does Smash 4 for the 3ds and Wii U have?

Also I never got to gloat in my prediction that Dr. PP won Apex http://www.ssbwiki.com/Apex_2014
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-social-thread-v3-02.339825/page-292#post-16216929
As well @ HyperrCrow HyperrCrow never giving Rat a souvenir to give to me

Also @ Lizalfos Lizalfos
yes you can
.. as seen here http://smashboards.com/threads/ike-social-thread.331713/#post-15218588
I forgot how to name the spoiler though
Lmao son, I never even remembered that. Just come to APEX 2015 and I'll play you Spider and give you a souvenir if you win.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Holy crap I actually try to have a theorycraft/potential metagame discussions with the smash 4 threads, but all most of them they want to do is talk about "I'm going to use male robin, I'm a male, and males are normally stronger, so I'll feel like I'm doing more damage when I hit them as Male Robin" or "Girl Robin's voice is so KAWAII DESUUU~~ that I just have to play female robin."

Thats what I get for trying i guess. It'll be a few years before all the new people filter-out or get serious about the competative parts of the characters, and by then we will know what the game itself shaped up to be. Until then, I'll just stick to Melee/PM and only lurk in that deep dark part of smashboards.
Sounds like classic MMO stuff over there.

Guy 1 : Why would you play as a girl? Your a guy so you should only play as males, playing as a girl is wierd.
Guy 2 : Why would you play as a guy? Why would you want to stare at a guys ass all day while playing the game?

the man

Smash Apprentice

Another.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I wouldn't play a girl in an mmo just because I don't want to deal with people trying to cyber. But it would be nice to be cute. Hmm maybe it would be a fair trade-off.

Also another is a ****ty anime don't watch it

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I play as whoever pisses the masses off the most. why do you think I love kirby in project m so much

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It feels like forever. God, I forgot how stupid Brawl buffer is.
All this Smash 4 talk and we don't know many frames of it there are though?

Also I need some portable roller skates to get into college faster from the far away parking lot

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Another was funny, the deaths were hilarious. I laugh at dumb stuff

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I wouldn't play a girl in an mmo just because I don't want to deal with people trying to cyber. But it would be nice to be cute. Hmm maybe it would be a fair trade-off.
Nothing wrong with playing dress up.

It's also needed in a game that has specific genders for characters, assuming the female character has a playstyle that a person really likes.

Top Bottom