• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
the third movie was bad

the other two were bad too, but the third was especially bad

i didn't even know there was a 4th

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I think that movie irked me the most (haven't seen the 4th), but the music is good nonetheless.
Transformers™ in general bothers a lot of people.
Their waste of mental energy, and their loss.

the third movie was bad
the other two were bad too, but the third was especially bad
i didn't even know there was a 4th
When you have a reason for disliking them beyond what is almost certainly irrational band-wagoning(there's literally been no other cause for responses like that, and even famously-insightful critics like Roger Ebert joined the herd), say, discussing the quality of the scripts without bias being present, you'll be taken seriously.

(The second one WAS badly written.[it was done during a historic movie writer's strike], So, you and the rest of the planet are partly correct. Yay.)

Until then you're just enforcing moviegoer stereotypes.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That strike, do you mean the 2007-2008 Writer's Guild strike?
It affected TV AND movies, and I remember certain shows having their worst seasons during that era too.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
well yeah, the second was was really bad
that **** about the fake chick putting moves on only to be seen by visiting gf was ripped straight from some romcom anime
and I didn't like what they did with the idea of combining mechs
and i didn't like the magitech macguffin

I didn't like the third film because it was, again, a plot ripped right out of some low budget anime
also the new chick's not very hot, and I didn't like the way they just dumped all over megan fox
and that ending was so stupid

the first film was cool because the plot was new and interesting, if still a bit trite
they've done nothing innovative with the other films
just cgi and explosions and ****

like most shounen/shoujo anime, as the plot of the transformers movies has progressed, the writers have had to struggle more and more to force the humans into the plot, when really they don't need to be there. they're just totally outmatched and only even relevant because the autobots (and for some reason the decepticons???) are nice enough to not kill them all. the focus on forcing humans into the plot past the first movie, when they actually had any relevance, takes screen time away from the transformers and prevents any actual plot or character development.

they don't even spend any time talking about the history of the autobots and decepticons, nor their differing aims or goals.

the movies just made it all black and white, and they don't focus nearly enough on the interesting robots, in favour of the boring and predictable romcomedy psuedo national treasure-esque plots of the humans.

it's total bs

Kati

Smash Lord
Transformers™ in general bothers a lot of people.
Their waste of mental energy, and their loss.

When you have a reason for disliking them beyond what is almost certainly irrational band-wagoning(there's literally been no other cause for responses like that, and even famously-insightful critics like Roger Ebert joined the herd), say, discussing the quality of the scripts without bias being present, you'll be taken seriously.

(The second one WAS badly written.[it was done during a historic movie writer's strike], So, you and the rest of the planet are partly correct. Yay.)

Until then you're just enforcing moviegoer stereotypes.

tbh I was enjoying the third movie until the very end. First Optimus is all like "please be, merciful" while getting trashed by Sentinal, and then as soon as the tables turn he offers no mercy of his own! :S

There was no time to process that before Megatron was brutally executed, which at the time just didn't seem very auto bot like, and then pretty much BAM! cheery pop credit music that didn't reflect the ending. I left laughing though so there's that.

I thought it had the action of the 2nd with plot and humour that resembled the 1st better. The ending just left me perplexed and slightly disappointed seeing as it had so much going for it otherwise.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
does anyone know how to tell if an iphone is unlocked? I sold my old iphone 3GS on ebay but the person wanted to make sure it was unlocked. I don't have a number attached to it anymore and the current SIM card in it has AT&T on it. I haven't found much help from google except for a few things telling me how to unlock it by jailbreaking it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Can I shoot arrows through the icy looking walls in OoT: Master quest?

Master Quest is best game in the series, hands down.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Guy: "I loved the sailing in Wind Waker. It was so fun to explore and wander in the vast ocean and just lose myself in it."

Me: "Was sailing faster than rolling as a Goron?"

Guy: "Well, no not really."

Me: "Was it as fun?"

Guy: "Well, maybe not as fun per se--"

Me: Then we're done here.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
1.I didn't like the third film because it was a plot ripped right out of some low budget anime
.also the new chick's not very hot, and I didn't like the way they just dumped all over megan fox
.and that ending was so stupid
.the first film was cool because the plot was new and interesting, if still a bit trite they've done nothing innovative with the other films just cgi and explosions and ****
.like most shounen/shoujo anime, as the plot of the transformers movies has progressed, the writers have had to struggle more and more to force the humans into the plot, when really they don't need to be there. they're just totally outmatched and only even relevant because the autobots (and for some reason the decepticons???) are nice enough to not kill them all. the focus on forcing humans into the plot past the first movie, when they actually had any relevance, takes screen time away from the transformers and prevents any actual plot or character development.
.they don't even spend any time talking about the history of the autobots and decepticons, nor their differing aims or goals.
7.the movies just made it all black and white, and they don't focus nearly enough on the interesting robots,
.in favour of the boring and predictable romcomedy psuedo national treasure-esque plots of the humans.
9.it's total bs
Pretty fair points all.
Though as a big-time fan of TF(There are more than a flaws and errors in this franchise, wanting to make them better is what a fan of anything is truly about!), of course, I have stuff ready to contend a lot it. I mean disrespect, as talking about stuff objectively requires. I've numbered convienent spots up there to mark what my inbound responses are to.
Wall of text incoming.(I tried to avert it being tl;dr bait, but to each their own.)

1. Expecting "originality" when literally just about every plot, theme, trope, AND many variations there-of have been used, parodied, etc.hundreds, thousands, and even millions of time each over human history is not a realistic expectation. For instance, that "low budget anime" ALSO used the same storyline as something that was around before itself. Lol, TRANSFORMERS ITSELF did this before. Further stuff in spoiler.
Gonna quote how TvTropes DoTM page summed it up in a spoiler. The Decepticons want to use a Space bridge to transport Cybertron to Earth so they can harvest our resources? That's a whole plot reference to the original cartoon three-episode story, "The Ultimate Doom"!' 'The Decepticons have a willing human ally? They manage to get the Autobots booted off the Earth? They arrange for the "accidental" destruction of the Autobot's ship? DOTM, or the G1 cartoon two-parter "Megatron's Master Plan"?'
Desiring actual originality in media nowadays is asking to be snubbed. Better to voice that people proper execution and presentation, really.

2. lol. Megan Fox... to sum up why they did that, she called working under Bay being like working under both Napoleon and Hitler, and she was clashing with other staff on sets and stuff. The actress who played Carly(whose name is also a huge TFG1 nod too, funnily enough) went about things with emphasis on intellect and emotion, contrasting how Mikaela(Fox's character in-verse) generally brute-forced things. Nnot that there's anything wrong with that!(it's how I make things happen after I'm done planning how to do them, think 'smart bruiser' for how I do things.) See here for how the third films heroine outdid the first two, more-or-less, In the spoiler-ed video here.
[
(if you haven't seen DoTM, don't watch past 0:53.You're been warned in advance!)

3. I want to know why you think that, I'm curious.
4. "new and interesting" Uh. Hostile alien invasion with some other aliens of the same species wanting to help us has, drum roll, been done. Thousands of times. Even several times by this franchise. See #1.
5, and 6. True...To be fair, though, the premise of any iteration of TF is usually more-or-less formula across the board.
When it comes down to it, there's not too much that needs overt change, after the bread-and-butter ways of doing TF stuff works so well.
Also, there's also a LOT more depth to things in the tie-ins that cover the time skipped events, side stories, and all that went on before the 2007 movie's part in this part of the TF media canon universe. Some highlighted details in spoiler.
For instance, Megatron actually WAS good, of the 'jerk that means well' archetype who Optimus worked for before the Great War came about(the one that lead to the Cube/AllSpark getting launched into deep space, and eventually onto Earth, and all of this happened only because the Fallen corrupted him HARDCORE. And then there's the fact that Megs was directly stated to be trying to *restore* Cybertron and it's namesake species(Age of Extinction, and now you know why.), not spread death and destruction, not for those thing's own sake.(he doesn't like humans, but this IS Megatron we're talking here) He wanted an army(in the first film) to REBUILD his home world, but when that went out(AllSpark is long-gone), slave labor was the next way to get it done. (pre-rebuild, again, as now Megs-as-Galvatron wants an army to pillage and burn after all.)
tl;dr for that: The Fallen is why the Decepticons and Autobots come about and fight(in ANY version of TF),
Megatron and the Decepticons in general aren't necessarily bad as characters(IDW's on-going run yeeeeeee), the Autobots are "good", from humanity's perspective, and as always,(not sorry for this) there's more going on than meets the eye.

7. The morality... Heh. Just one scene is all that's needed to throw it being clear-cut into question. For a clear example, here is the Shanghai battle from Revenge of The Fallen in the spoiler.
Sideways, the car-form Decepticon in that scene, starting from his presence being made known at @3:40(skip to it) going to his quick death at @4:57, was running and not fighting back at all. And then there's how Prime dealt with Demolishor @6:40...The Autobots, ostensibly the "good guys" don't take prisoners. /deadly euphemism
Nor are the Decepticons evil just to be evil. Here's the "No prisoners, only trophies" scene from DoTM in the spoiler here. We see the Decepticons aiming to take prisoners, and only deciding to execute the Autobots after being talked into it by Dylan, something the Autobots never consider doing with Decepticons they defeat, as I talked about further up. The Bay-verse is DEFINITELY not black-and-white morality-wise.

8. Granted. That is almost always ham-fisted no matter where it's done.(a notable exception in TF media being TF: Prime)
9. ...We're on a global-scale forum for a video game franchise that is massively popular and yet little over a decade old.
BS is by a person-to-person basis.

That you see problems with this stuff is helpful for those like me who want to see the stuff I like flourish, so, thank you.
The main character in the Transformers movies is a human.
That's all the problem I need.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Guy: "I loved the sailing in Wind Waker. It was so fun to explore and wander in the vast ocean and just lose myself in it."

Me: "Was sailing faster than rolling as a Goron?"

Guy: "Well, no not really."

Me: "Was it as fun?"

Guy: "Well, maybe not as fun per se--"

Me: Then we're done here.
Mang
Sailing in Windwaker is like sex, if you don't do it right, you ain't turely gonna injoy it.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Mang
Sailing in Wind Waker is like sex, if you don't do it right, you ain't truly gonna enjoy it.
That's it. That's the analogy for that.

tbh I was enjoying the third movie until the very end. First Optimus is all like "please be, merciful" while getting trashed by Sentinel, and then as soon as the tables turn he offers no mercy of his own! :S There was no time to process that before Megatron was brutally executed, which at the time just didn't seem very auto bot like, and then pretty much BAM! cheery pop credit music that didn't reflect the ending. I left laughing though so there's that.
I thought it had the action of the 2nd with plot and humour that resembled the 1st better. The ending just left me perplexed and slightly disappointed seeing as it had so much going for it otherwise.
I covered a lot of this in my most recent post second to this one, but yeah, that scene is heavily up to interpretation.
Megatron vs Optimus, and the Autobot vs. Decepticon war overall is not a conflict where good and evil fit any one character(there are exceptions) or faction. That not seeming like something a good guy would do is intentional; OP is an untainted good guy in our perspective. You SHOULD BE seeing OP offing Megs like that as crossing a line!(and, funnily enough in the novelization, OP accepted the truce offering. Turns out Megatron was serious, and the 'Cons in general ere actually sick of fighting too, and a happy ending for all ensued... Go figure! Blame cash cow syndrome.)

Now, yes, (after trying to give him last-second chances to redeem several times,) OP did Sent dirty, but look at his expression afterwards; he didn't want to do that, at all, but Sentinel was a potential threat to Earth and by extension, humans, as long as he still lived. Film-verse!Prime does not take chances, as we know.

...But like I just said, he didn't like that he did that, either. It was a sadistic set of choices, that was for certain. Personally, I don't think I would have done that, not quite yet.(invoke 'taking a third option', if you will).
There IS such a thing as atoning for whatever terrible things you may have done, and OP BASED all of the ideals he hold so dear on what he had learned over his time as Sentinel's student... Sentinel is where Prime learned the word freedom from in the Movie-verse, and it stuck with OP because way back, Sentinel stood for stuff like that with the same sort of zeal Prime does.

...But, when it comes down to it, the choice OP made was completely understandable, even if they leave everyone who saw it happen with a bad taste in their mouth.
It's never simple in scenarios like that.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
let's talk about a well written show for once, like High School of the Dead

that show has a lot of really interesting plot points

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
His work makes little sense. The speed of the bullet is not equal to the speed of her breasts, since these only need to move a distance equal to half of their width in the time it takes for the bullet to reach her. Considering she's standing probably 20m or so from him, they would need to move roughly 7.5-10cm in 0.023 seconds, which would be at most 4.255m/s.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
it's not a matter of how far they need to move so much as how much they move in the time it takes for the bullet to reach them

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
?? what do you mean?? in the slow motion bit as her **** come into view, they travel further along her chest than the bullet travels between them

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I was going to go rewatch the scene but I actually don't care enough to spend more time thinking about it

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
the bullet moves at 2800m/second which = 33600 inches/second assuming the distance between her **** is one inch(which is quite generous) its takes .000029 seconds to cover one inch working off of sharin's earlier estimates her boobs have a diameter of ~15 cm. The breast closest to the "camera" had to move almost its entire diameter within .000029 seconds in order to clear the bullet so that breast was moving at about 517500 m/s and the other one was moving at ~1/4 of that speed

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Ferrothorn.

Mega Venusaur walled his whole team anyway, but yeah. He could've just switched to Ferro and easily just forced him out, rather than just let his other Pokes take damage for no reason.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I just got my ass handed to me in a crew battle on SolderSunday's stream. Ichigo is so cheesy

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Sigh.

Zombies by nature are, first off, in all fiction they are in, depicted as ignoring basic biology, physiology, and physics.
You know what happens when materials are rotted like they are?
They implode under their own weight.

tl;dr Stop trying to make scientific sense of any franchise where zombies exist. Just enjoy them for the nonsense they are. No, seriously.

/Iknowiwasjusthypocritical

transformers was horrible I'm sorry
No need to apologize, it often is.
To each their own, as the saying goes.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
that scrublord @Shadic finally accepted my money match. luser got 2-0'd, then we did double or nothing

and i 2'0d him

(we did a default melee settings MM)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
My youtube recommended videos are half about the importance of mouth breathing

and the "news feeds" of channels I visit daily show me 3 month old videos instead of the one that came out a few hours ago
I only use it for Smash/Lets-plays and a bit of yugioh, but I only get vine compilations and Russian music videos on my home page.
Google get your **** together, you're supposed to be smart and omniscient, if you're going to watch everything I do at least make it convenient for me.

In other news, Wolf is still the most enjoyable spacie and still is ruining Melee for me

Top Bottom