• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My youtube recommended videos are half about the importance of mouth breathing
Like meditation deep breathing or what, are you scouring my feeds or something?

Also slight sand bagging is kind of cool in rare instances. It is what starts the beginning of the Smash Doc.
The idea that you can pretty easily hide how good you are in different ways until the time is right to start owning.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Also slight sand bagging is kind of cool in rare instances. It is what starts the beginning of the Smash Doc
Definitely with you on this one.

Lightly messing with people, i.e. DK cargo-grab dual SDing since it shifts momentum hard, but also just because; that level of trolling is okay with more people in general than making a point to try and piss someone off/getting personal.

And really, who would pass up doing with DK, lol? That's tradition.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Super late post is super late.

Can anybody give me recommendations for good ps2 games
I need entertainment
I read all your posts after this about wanting a "good game". I can tell you, Okami is by far that game. Assuming you like art and music, based on the way you compared a good game to them, you will pretty much definitely love Okami. It is primarily an adventure game with some action and a very unique gaming system.

Your powers revolve around you drawing symbols on the screen, such as a horizontal line to cut something or a circle with a line through it to create a paper bomb. The story is based off of Japanese folklore and there are many tidbits of Japanese history in it as well, and essentially you are travelling the land to restore it to its natural beauty and destroy the curse of an evil being forever.

The story gets very in depth and while I rarely cry for a game story, it is one of only 3 games that has ever made me cry. It is the only game of those three that made me cry more than once through the 4 times I've replayed the story. It is not a game you will get through in less than about 2 days on your first try. The only way you won't like this game is if you don't like traditional Japanese style visuals, the occasional long cutscene, and you don't like drawing simple shapes. Watching gameplay is not enough to understand how immersing this game is. To understand, you have to actually be the one playing it. It does not cost much used and is worth every cent. It's the only game I've played that I honestly think should cost way, way more than it has sold and is selling for because of the amount of genuine depth it has. If you know someone who has it you can ask them to let you try it out, but gameplay by itself is only half of the true experience of Okami. Just buy it- you won't regret it. It is simply not like other games. It's much more.

Speaking of Blue Eyes White Dragon:

I tried replaying Pokemon Black recently, and my interest to keep playing has waned more and more. Gen 5 always felt kinda bland to me, but it feels practically soulless when I replay it now. Maybe it's the fact Game Freak stayed on the DS longer than they needed to and the hardware/space limitations were really starting to show, no older Pokemon appear in the game till after the Elite Four, awkward art style, all three starters suck, box legends are ugly, worse music than past gens, or the convoluted "edgy" story I still don't really understand, but I just don't see the appeal. And that's not even bringing up the power creep and weather-dominated metagame that plagued the competitive scene the entirety of the generation. I haven't played B2W2, but from what I've seen, I'm not convinced it's much better. DPPt was pretty awesome and XY, despite lacking much of a post-game, still has a lot of heart and I enjoyed it a lot. But BW...ehh.....definitely the worst gen despite me liking some of the Pokes and mechanics it introduced.

Also, Moxie Krookodile is absolutely broken in-game.
As a Pokemon fan I did note BW felt pretty empty. B2W2 is everything Gen 5 could have been and should have been in the first place. You are no longer restricted to that 'Gen 5 Pokemon only until late game' thing, there are several new areas, and the story goes much more in depth. Colress is amazing. N has a more direct role with you. There is just so much more in these games that I couldn't explain it all. By all means you should get it.

Rhodesian Ridgeback master race!
Basenji and Tamaskan master race!

(I don't actually own any dogs though just yet. I do have two beautiful tuxedo cats however :) )

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Dear PMDT,

Could you please make sure that 3.5 is super amazing so that I have something exciting to look forward to when I inevitably stop playing Smash 4 after a month? Thanks.

Sincerely,
some guy on the internet

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Well yeah, they are busy working on things, Just cuz they don't tell us what they're doing doesn't mean they aren't doing.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That salt will give you diabetes.high blood pressure. Better cut back on it.

Anyway, I replayed Awakening a year after beating Lunatic, and I tried Lunatic Plus.
And...... WOW.
So much harder, which is amazing since Lunatic was ridiculously hard enough in the first 5 chapters. Even with things like the Water trick in the prologue and laming the Risen Boss of Chapter 1 out for easy XP(He broke his weapon after a stale mate), and fantastic level ups, it's still ridiculous. Luna+, Vantage+, Hawkeye, and more.... all on enemies of Chapter 1 + 2. Jeez.

Currently on Chapter 2 with a lvl 5 MU, a lvl 2 Chrom, a lvl 2 frederick, lvl 2 Sully, lvl 3 Lissa. Virion was not in any battles.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Why can't these angry smashers just bring something less valuable to throw on the ground

Excessive salt (like drinking soy sauce) can put you in a coma, but I don't think it's related to diabetes

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I've played a lot of hard games and love a good challenge, but Fire Emblem games are just way too difficult for me, even on Normal. As I get further in a playthrough, whenever I beat a chapter it feels more like I just got lucky rather than it being a show of my own skill in overcoming adversity. It's not a "YEAH! WHAT NOW, GAME? **** YOU. WHO'S THE MAN? I AM." kinda feeling, it's like a "Ugh, FINALLY I made it though that bull****. Now I can move on." Just doesn't give me that same satisfaction.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I've played a lot of hard games and love a good challenge, but Fire Emblem games are just way too difficult for me, even on Normal. As I get further in a playthrough, whenever I beat a chapter it feels more like I just got lucky rather than it being a show of my own skill in overcoming adversity. It's not a "YEAH! WHAT NOW, GAME? **** YOU. WHO'S THE MAN? I AM." kinda feeling, it's like a "Ugh, FINALLY I made it though that bull****. Now I can move on." Just doesn't give me that same satisfaction.
I had the former of your feelings when beating particularly hard bosses in SMTIV and that was on Normal I think. But I had the latter feeling a couple times as well because they way enemies win sometimes is so cheap. One thing I can't stand in FE games is reinforcements that come from thin air and aren't predictable half the time where they will come from unless you memorize it the first time, or usually first playthrough. So many times I'll be like "Oh my mage is fine with this paladin here" and then four wyvern riders come in and are like NOPE

Bleck

Smash Master
I've played a lot of hard games and love a good challenge, but Fire Emblem games are just way too difficult for me, even on Normal.
Best tip I can give for Fire Emblem is to let enemies come to you. It's all about controlling the space around you and knowing where and when to strike.

(Which, perhaps not unintentionally, is how you play Marth.)

Top Bottom