• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Falsebound Kingdom, Megaman X Collection, Metroid Prime 1 and 2(: Echoes), Twilight Princess, Tales of Symphonia, blah blah blah etc etc.~quote]
Why would I play Twilight Princess on GC over Wii?
If I get Megaman X collection which of the ones should I play?
Everyone is recommending this tales of Symphonia, it looks like a game I wouldn't like though

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Twilight Princess was designed for the Gamecube first and foremost. It was then delayed so they could port it and use it as a Wii release title.
Which was definitely smart on Nintendo's part, having Zelda as a release title was a surefire way to sell the new system.
But, Twilight Princess was still designed for the Gamecube. Controls are just FAR better if you're playing the Gamecube version; it's worth more than double the Wii version for a reason, that being it's just better.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Only plus side I'd give the Wii version is full motion strafe + pointer controls for range weapons. It feels incredibly intuitive. Also, widescreen but I'm pretty sure there's codes that allow proper widescreen support for the GC version anyways so yeah.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lots and lots of school. Also running cross country doesn't help. That stuff hurts baddd.

Big Bang References and complaining:
My Mom feels like that one episode on Big Bang where that one fangirl person liked Shelton but later on she started forcing him to work 24/7 and made it so he had no fun or anything but work. Yeah, I get school is important but like seriously. School TAKE UP ALL OF YOUr LIFE ASNKFENWGRJEWGJOJWOJOBMRTHONMFSJBORJTHOTRv *choke/notmentallyunstable*

Get that find my iPhone app thingy bro. Life is hard though.
I tried. I think it was stolen during lunch, because it was turned off around 12:00.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Link is left handed in the GameCube version, as it should be.
I don't even get why that was changed in the Wii version, it's not like sword controls relied on much precision, I don't see how it wouldn't have worked out with him still being left handed.

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Being able to hold your blade out to the side while you ran was my favorite part of the GC port. In the wii version you couldn't do that since it required a held input and all the sword inputs were swinging (at least as far as I know).

Vashimus

Smash Master
I tried. I think it was stolen during lunch, because it was turned off around 12:00.
Maybe a girl that had a mean crush on you saw your phone unattended and decided to take it so it could be safe. Then when she's through importing all your pictures of yourself into her computer for...purposes, and putting her number into your phone, she'll sneak it back into your backpack so you can find it, hoping you'll text/call her sometime.

....Hey, it's happened. And we're trying to cheer you up. >:[

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Being able to hold your blade out to the side while you ran was my favorite part of the GC port. In the wii version you couldn't do that since it required a held input and all the sword inputs were swinging (at least as far as I know).
I recall that being possible on the Wii version, just had to slowly point your controller to the side. Been a while though, could be wrong.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Made a list of the notable people (so far) attending Big House 4 and entered the PM bracket (*possibly means that they're coming, but it hasn't been confirmed if they entered PM):
Abate (Luigi probably)
Alpha Dash (I think ROB)
Anther (Pikachu)
Nintendude (maybe G&W)
Bryonato (Ness)
Hungrybox (Puff, Olimar)
ZeRo (Pit, Fox)
DLA (Diddy Kong)
DMX (Meta Knight)
Double (Lucario)
Drephen (possibly Ness)
Duck (possibly Samus)
Prince Abu (Puff)
Frootloop (Fox, Falco)
Kels (Fox, Falco)
Jolteon (Toon Link, possibly MK)
Kappy/Swagtrain (MK)
KO Kingpin (DDD, Ganon)
Hyuga (probably Puff)
SFAT (Fox, Falco)
Armada (Pit)
Plasma (Lucas)
Pluto (<3) (Okay, not notable, but he's a friend of mine)
Ripple (DDD, maybe Olimar)
Rizner (I think Zelda)
Scythe (Wolf, maybe others)
Shroomed (Mario, maybe others)
Solharath (Sonic)
Strong Bad (Didn't sign of for singles though?) (Wario)
Tetraflora (Ness)
VaNz (probably Peach)
Vino (Sonic)
NickRiddle (Bowser, Link)
Porkchops (Falco)
Professor Pro (Snake)
Oro?! (ZSS, Marth)
Westballz (Fox, Falco, MK)
Bladewise (Diddy Kong, Peach)
Plup (Possibly) (MK, possibly others)
M2K (fasdfasdfasd)
Mango (Possibly) (Fox, Falco)
Chu Dat (Possibly) (Kirby)
Axe (Possibly) (Pikachu, Falco)
Lucky (Possibly) (Fox, Falco)
Colbol (possibly) (Fox)
Wizzrobe (Possibly) (Sonic)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB I am not entering singles so I can focus on running the tournament. Should be a far less stressful experience for me than last year.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
what it's been 2 hours

that's nothing

sometimes everyone else leaves for days it seems

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
lol, so you're saying they create 90 pages a day talking for the most part about **** that isn't real

1FD

Smash Ace
Speaking of leak stuff, anyone got that one leak that's apparently from brazil or whatever with the fired person?
I donno, heard there was like 1 'good' one that's somewhere but google probs too flooded to make sense of it.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
whenever i play a specific (i have four) guitar for an extended time, my hands smell like iron and onions for a while.

Top Bottom