• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Well I mean, when PMBR peeps go around saying '#47' about tonight's announcement, and we get something completely unrelated it can generate some salt.

Still hyped for All Star Vs though; it looks sweet.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this isn't to say I'm disliking anything here, though. new content is new content, and unless this next version goes all vanilla AE on us and murders balance in a back alleyway a new version is always nice.

on the flip side, I feel like it's better to undershoot hype than it is to overshoot it, y'know? you don't want a situation like that horrible decapre reveal

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
All I wanted were engine improvements. This is more than I expected. Not a good thing, I could care less about special modes tbh. I just want lightshielding. And melee tethers. And normalized physics timing.
and double cherry mode would have been cooler

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Rewatching the reveal, there's a #47 that flashes around 0:10 near the edge of warioware.

WHAT COULD IT MEAN

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Marvel mode sounds interesting... But I'd honestly rather play regular smash. Engine improvements or a single SFX of a new character would've appealed to me more. And am I the only one that thinks this light suit looks better than the one in the trailer?

Sorry.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
All I wanted were engine improvements. This is more than I expected. Not a good thing, I could care less about special modes tbh. I just want lightshielding. And melee tethers. And normalized physics timing.
and double cherry mode would have been cooler
I hear you, but engine improvements like that take time, especially when only a small handful on individuals can do them at this point.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Oh god that new Marth alternate

It's beautiful

I call dibs on it forever

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Right, but dishonest teasing is not okay in my book.
Neither is complaining about a new mode that you literally get for free, not to mention something that was incredibly hard to code. but okay.

They also stated that they wouldn't add any extra characters who haven't existed in the Smash Universe yet, so it's kind of obvious that the #47 thing was just a joke. There really wasn't any dishonesty at all lol.

It's one thing to be disappointed, it's another to accuse people of stuff that they didn't do.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
The main costume uses the "Focus Band" and "Expert's Belt", with a fighter/steel type symbol on the back.
Two hold items at once? I call hacks

That's some damn fine attention to detail though

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Stamina mode is being improved too, up to 999 damage which as the commentators put it can be fun to use along with All-Star Versus.

I think it's cool to know in addition to the new stuff people are anticipating we get so many new options in this robust game full of content.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
So... does Ganon get some buffs to go with his new costume? Cuz that's a pretty killer OoT skin and I'd hate to not be able to use it all the time.

Ganondorf for S tier

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Neutral B looked the same, but then again they weren't announcing 4.0 or it's engine improvements so move changes shouldn't be expected.

Also, anybody record the matches being played with All-Star Versus in the stream? Seems like CEO didn't save it to their archive.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
I could care less about special modes tbh.
HA. JOKE'S ON YOU. I CAUGHT YOU IN YOUR OWN PREDICAMENT OVER THE USE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. TO USE THE PHRASING "I could care less" INDICATES THAT YOU ACTUALLY COULD CARE LESS, MEANING YOU HAVE CARE-TO-SPARE, SO TO SPEAK. THE PROPER PHRASING IS "I COULD NOT CARE LESS".

I was waiting for you to slip up, and here I am with the last laugh.

Also, anybody have any info on how, if at all, this game mode would work with crew settings? I'm guessing the same way.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
So there's going to be 2 more Samus costumes...
I think they'll be this and this.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What about random?
Setting a 99-stock all-star match with random sounds pretty neat.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
So what nerfs do you think Fox and Falco will get in the next release? Any characters you guys will get buffed too? Maybe they made Ganon slightly faster and gave him at least one good OoS option.

Top Bottom