• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The CEO boxing stage is bad because it kills my computer/wii if I use any kind of model import.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
meaningless
subjective
These are the same thing. There is not one thing you can name that is meaningless that is not meaningful to someone or something, and there is not one idea that is valuable to someone or something that isn't worthless to another. Both concepts, meaning and subjectivity, are results of opposing viewpoints, so all viewpoints must be considered in order to judge the value of a thing. If it doesn't have an objective quantification of its value, it is both subjective and meaningless. I just find it silly when people say something is their opinion and is subjective. Because basically you say "what I think has no value".

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
These are the same thing.
[collapse=Subjective, definition of]"
sub·jec·tive
səbˈjektiv/
adjective
  1. 1.
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
    "his views are highly subjective"
    synonyms:personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive More
  2. 2.
    GRAMMAR
    of, relating to, or denoting a case of nouns and pronouns used for the subject of a sentence."[/collapse]
[collapse=Meaningless, definition of]
mean·ing·less
ˈmēniNGlis/
adjective
  1. having no meaning or significance.
    "the paragraph was a jumble of meaningless words"
    synonyms:unintelligible, incomprehensible, incoherent More
Huh, 'subjective' isn't even a synonym of 'meaningless'. Go figure, right?

Because basically you say "what I think has no value".
>opinions

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
These are the same thing. There is not one thing you can name that is meaningless that is not meaningful to someone or something, and there is not one idea that is valuable to someone or something that isn't worthless to another. Both concepts, meaning and subjectivity, are results of opposing viewpoints, so all viewpoints must be considered in order to judge the value of a thing. If it doesn't have an objective quantification of its value, it is both subjective and meaningless. I just find it silly when people say something is their opinion and is subjective. Because basically you say "what I think has no value".
Wha? All opinions, by their very nature, are subjective by definition. Are they not?

What's bad to one is not necessarily bad to another, am I wrong for saying that the description isn't necessarily meaningless, but is subjective instead?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
This just in: the dictionary is the new bible.

Wha? All opinions, by their very nature, are subjective by definition. Are they not?

What's bad to one is not necessarily bad to another, am I wrong for saying that the description isn't necessarily meaningless, but is subjective instead?
Who said anything about bad?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Apparently the japanese "tilde" 〜 is literally called a wavedash.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Who said anything about bad?
I did, in the post that you drew your quote from. The quote, followed by the point that doesn't seem to take context into consideration, but instead focuses on specific words and makes claims that don't have anything to do with the original. I'm a little confused as to what your point actually was...because it seems to me that you latched onto individual words, put them in a vacuum, and then attempted to make a point based on things that no one was even saying.

A little explanation?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
holy **** please stop this conversation it is so pretentious and ignorant

WHEN IS THE CEO ANNOUNCEMENT?

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I did, in the post that you drew your quote from. The quote, followed by the point that doesn't seem to take context into consideration, but instead focuses on specific words and makes claims that don't have anything to do with the original. I'm a little confused as to what your point actually was...because it seems to me that you latched onto individual words, put them in a vacuum, and then attempted to make a point based on things that no one was even saying.

A little explanation?
I was stating that mechwarriorny was right without disagreeing with you. Bad as a concept or as a word is subjective and thus meaningless.

Also CEO announce when plz

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I was stating that mechwarriorny was right without disagreeing with you. Bad as a concept or as a word is subjective and thus meaningless.

Also CEO announce when plz
Okay, I was confused there. Since you'd double quoted me, it kind of seemed like you were focusing your attentions on what I said, like a double whammy of STFU.

I'd still argue that bad being subjective would only make it meaningless half of the time though, assuming a 50:50 ratio of people taking meaning and those not from it, but it's not really a big deal.

And yes, CEO announcements when? I'm going to assume they're waiting for the singles tourney tomorrow, but I really hope they're doing it today if they're announcing anything.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So Legend Of Korra Book 3 starts in 30 minutes ya nerds. Better have computer on CEO and a TV on for Korra.

EDIT: I made a mistake on that lol. It starts in 5-6 minutes.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

so the announcement is after fightermania
when that is, i have no idea. some time today on the CEO stream i believe.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
korra is criminally overrrated

like breaking bad

man brekaing bad sucks booty
Yeah a little bit and I haven't seen much of Breaking Bad so I can't comment on it.

Also it's starting lol.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

doubles is so fun to watch.
I can't believe wife wrote that one article and was serious

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
How can one possibly compare Korra to Breaking Bad? Korra is the Better Call Saul to Avatar: The Last Airbender's Breaking Bad. Both of the latter start off simpler and blossom into excellence.

And I see plenty of hate for Korra all over the internet, how they made her lose her powers twice, loss of all character development for Korra and ruined the potentially interesting political intrigue they had set up in both seasons 1 and 2. It can't be too overrated.

The Platinum Games made Korra game should be great at least.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Holy ****, Wizzrobe and Plup just destroying right now

DAT HYPE

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm guessing around 5:45PST 8:45 EST they will announce.

Sent to the bracket of alternative success
RIP
In the future, losers will be considered a hurtful word that triggers depression and alternative success will be the official title of the bracket.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
LoK decently managed to weave darker themes into the show, but was inherently brought down by the decision to become a full season when the writers weren't prepared for it

And then promptly waste an episode on (ultimately pointless) shipping.

And then give us a gigantic asspull at the end. I love the Avatar writers for the most part, but they cannot write a good ending to a season at all (besides ALTA Book 2).

Top Bottom