• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Soul Eater is overrated ~ ♪

Darker than Black is fun, but it's honestly not that great.
Soul Eater is great until halfway, then it takes a nosedive imo. Hence, I'd generally agree it's overrated. I'm going to take this chance and ask you what anime your sig is from. Looks scary.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Openings/endings are better animated than the actual series most of the time, if that's what you mean.
What I mean is im looking for mediocre animes that just had ending themes that overshadowed the rest of the show like Witch Craft Works or Problem Children. I just need more examples cus I made a bet with my friend.

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
The first season of Naruto was good, but the ending theme was freaking amazing imo. Nobunaga the Fool sucked, but the opening was super cool. Soul Eater has a good opening. After that, I dunno. I skip the opening/ending a lot of the time.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Soul Eater is great until halfway, then it takes a nosedive imo. Hence, I'd generally agree it's overrated. I'm going to take this chance and ask you what anime your sig is from. Looks scary.
It's Darker than Black lmao

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What I mean is im looking for mediocre animes that just had ending themes that overshadowed the rest of the show like Witch Craft Works or Problem Children. I just need more examples cus I made a bet with my friend.
Does it have to be the ED?

In any case, here's what I think fits the bill off the top of my head (And my music collection):
Coppelion, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Danganronpa, Ai Mai Mii, Bakemonogatari, Saki, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sword Art Online, Tamako Market.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Steins;gate was excellent, although I don't agree 100% with its vision of time travel mechanics(Microwaves notwithstanding).
It really is something you have to watch a second time to get the full experience, if only the first few episodes.

My only other gripe with the series is with its otaku pandering, but oh well. It does originate from a VN.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Does it have to be the ED?

In any case, here's what I think fits the bill off the top of my head (And my music collection):
Coppelion, Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, Danganronpa, Ai Mai Mii, Bakemonogatari, Saki, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Sword Art Online, Tamako Market.
yup has to be the end the bet i made with my friend was that there are more ending themes that are better than the anime they came from than openings that are better than the anime they came from

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I think you'll lose your bet, I feel that OPs are usually better than EDs.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Heh...

To think I came into this thread after a long absence expecting people to be talking about Project M.

How silly of me. :laugh:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
>So many shows
>3, two of which are from last season
Your powerlevel is showing. You could at least pick good shows.
Really now, I chose the fastest ones to come to mind, of course two of the three I chose would be from last season because they're fresh on my mind. Did you want me to make a full blown list of guys in anime who look like girls?
So here's your list, granted all shows here won't be good to you because to be frank, our tastes are very different.
[collapse=Here you go buddy]
Chihiro Fujisaki from Danganronpa

Saika Totsuka from My Teen Romantic Love Comedy SNAFU

Aoi Hyoudou from Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Hasta from Haiyore

Ruka Urushiba from Steins;Gate

Haku from Naruto

[/collapse]

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Heh...

To think I came into this thread after a long absence expecting people to be talking about Project M.

Are you insinuating that it's a bad thing?

I love this thread because it's essentially a smaller part of the community that I know so I don't feel too overwhelmed with trying to know too many users at once. It's free to the point where I can talk and discuss with people comfortably with this part of the community. It's fun talking to everyone, and that's the main point and appeal of the social thread.

There are like a million other threads dedicated to PM. There doesn't need to be one more.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Heh...

Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :(. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :love:. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :reverse:. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :smash:. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :colorful:.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Really now, I chose the fastest ones to come to mind, of course two of the three I chose would be from last season because they're fresh on my mind. Did you want me to make a full blown list of guys in anime who look like girls?
So here's your list, granted all shows here won't be good to you because to be frank, our tastes are very different.
[collapse=Here you go buddy]
Chihiro Fujisaki from Danganronpa

Saika Totsuka from My Teen Romantic Love Comedy SNAFU

Aoi Hyoudou from Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Hasta from Haiyore

Ruka Urushiba from Steins;Gate

Haku from Naruto

[/collapse]
Well, I at the very least enjoyed two of these shows, so that's not a bad ratio considering that I'm a pretty selective person.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :(. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :love:. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :reverse:. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :smash:. Project M? Project M project m project m PM? Project M project m project m project m project m. Project m /=/ P:M!?!? Project M project m project m project project m m project m project m :/. Project M project m project m :D (project m project m). Project M project M > PM; project m project m project m m m. PM project m project m project m :colorful:.
You forgot Project Melee :denzel:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Are you insinuating that it's a bad thing?

I love this thread because it's essentially a smaller part of the community that I know so I don't feel too overwhelmed with trying to know too many users at once. It's free to the point where I can talk and discuss with people comfortably with this part of the community. It's fun talking to everyone, and that's the main point and appeal of the social thread.

There are like a million other threads dedicated to PM. There doesn't need to be one more.
Not at all. I'm just saying I seriously have no idea why I was at all surprised.
Oh good, now I don't feel quite so foolish. :p

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Well, I at the very least enjoyed two of these shows, so that's not a bad ratio considering that I'm a pretty selective person.
There's very few shows with guys that look like girls. Even less that are actually even good. Last season had like 3 or so shows with guys looking like girls, those shows are probably already like 9% of all anime out there with that theme.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
There's very few shows with guys that look like girls. Even less that are actually even good. Last season had like 3 or so shows with guys looking like girls, those shows are probably already like 9% of all anime out there with that theme.
There's a lot of shows with guys that look like girls. And it's not that only few of those are actually good, few anime are actually good in general so the ratio carries over. A good recent one would be Gatchaman Crowds.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
kill la kill was something i finished recently and really liked it. listening to some of the ost now and the song when ragyou enters is chilling lol
Blumenkranz? I actually downloaded the OST for that song alone. Unfortunately it was the only interesting track in my opinion.
Kill la Kill was enjoyable in a P&SWG sort of way, just sit back and wonder how they came up with such ridiculous stuff.
ED1 and OP2 were amazing though, I really got into the singer for the second opening.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
*Friend circle talking about anime, Vash sipping drink staying out of it*

Friend 1: What about you Vash, X anime is awesome right?
Vash: Dammit ....Well, I haven't actually seen th-
Friend 2: WHAT? You've never ****ing seen X?? The hell are you watching then?
Vash: The hell I do know? Uh.... Y?
Friends: Y?????
Friend 2: Yo man, you need some better taste in anime brah, seriously.
Vash: (sigh)

Same **** with TV and movies. I just keep my damn mouth shut.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Blumenkranz? I actually downloaded the OST for that song alone. Unfortunately it was the only interesting track in my opinion.
Kill la Kill was enjoyable in a P&SWG sort of way, just sit back and wonder how they came up with such ridiculous stuff.
ED1 and OP2 were amazing though, I really got into the singer for the second opening.
No love for Nui's theme?

Get the **** right outta here.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
*Friend circle talking about anime, Vash sipping drink staying out of it*

Friend 1: What about you Vash, X anime is awesome right?
Vash: Dammit ....Well, I haven't actually seen th-
Friend 2: WHAT? You've never ****ing seen X?? The hell are you watching then?
Vash: The hell I do know? Uh.... Y?
Friends: Y?????
Friend 2: Yo man, you need some better taste in anime brah, seriously.
Vash: (sigh)

Same **** with TV and movies. I just keep my damn mouth shut.
>having friends
That's where you went wrong

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
A lot of KLK's music was forgettable. I'm with Shairn on this one.
Aside from Blumenkranz, OP2 and ED1 nothing else really struck me.
OP2 man.. GARNiDELiA is amazing for that one.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
If we talkin about endings then free's ending is the only one I can think of

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
If we talkin about endings then free's ending is the only one I can think of
Make us freeee na splash kasaneta

(I actually kinda enjoyed Free but I'll agree it was painfully average in hindsight)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Gah, you guys are boring. Most of the OST tracks are the main reason I loved Kill la Kill so much. It complimented everything going on very well.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'll probably watch it (though damned if I'm going to pay to see it), since I like to give things a chance....but it really looks like they took the horrible Michael Bay Transformers films-
What I mean is im looking for mediocre animes that just had ending themes that overshadowed the rest of the show like Witch Craft Works-
...Argh.

Prove that these are not inherently biased preconceived notions/that you two are not complaining about shows you don't watch, please.
Objective citation needed.

Honestly

I've lost almost all interest in modern action movies, expecially the transformers movies. The new movies took everything that made them good ( Relatively interesting or at least understandable/relatable characters [****ing main autobot in the first Live action reboot can't even talk, what where they thinking], a conflict that makes sense, determinable action scenes, and rock ballads ) and instead put in more actors/human conflict, ****loads of shaky-cam, and forgettable music tracks.

Honestly I hate shaky-cam so much. Why spend so much production money on CGI action scenes and explosions if the audience wont be able to see half of it clearly.

I just want discernible action scenes and Rock ballads. It that so hard to make?
Age of Extinction has apparently had no issues regarding any of the bolded.
FWIW, neither did Dark of the Moon, to a large degree, the writing was actually pretty well-done when looked at without bias. DoTM was a step up as well.
Regarding music... Is this "forgettable"?

Some of the dialogue, to drive my point home:

Ironhide: Why are we fighting to save the humans? They're a primitive, and violent race.
Optimus: *meaningful look* ...Were we so different? They're a young species. They have much to learn. ...But I've seen goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war: we must destroy the Cube. If all else fails, I will unite it with the spark in my chest.
Ratchet: That's suicide! The Cube is raw power, it could destroy you both.
Optimus: A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes. It's been an honor serving with you all... Autobots, roll out!
Jazz: We roll!

One of favorite TF scenes in anything free.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Except when you have too much of it. Some people on these boards are so objective seeing them post is soooo boring and bland.(in general, not just here)

Top Bottom