• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So speaking about derailing topics, does anyone else like the 1986 Transformers movie?
Good place to ask!
Never forget,
Peter Cullen(OP's VA) still does him now; the guy is pretty cool too.
Same for Frank Welker.

Both are in Age of Extinction(Welker as Galvatron, and I think George Berger is in as Grimlock[he's the OG voice actor, he did Fall of Cybertron 'Lock, some profound vocal evolution there]).
I'm hype.

Also, I might as well; the best(IMO) modern version of "The Touch":
Can't go wrong with the greats.
My hype levels whenever The Touch comes on in any way:

That ain't drunkenbit.

That's decentbit.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WantsAPrizeforBasicDecency
S'all I heard, to be blunt.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Watched the new TMNT trailer and it makes the movie look even worse than I thought it could. I'll probably watch it (though damned if I'm going to pay to see it), since I like to give things a chance....but it really looks like they took the horrible Michael Bay Transformers films and mixed it with TMNT and apparently Toxic Avenger (to make their faces).

Fortunately, there are enough good things going in the TMNT universe right now that one terrible movie won't ruin it, what with the IDW comics and the Nick show. Anyways, anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Bazkip

Smash Master
Okay, a second after I made my post I figured as much; thanks tho. Of course Nintendo couldn't just make Brawl save it as a .jpg, they need to make my life harder by making me download some weird unknown program to do it.

But yay I have it as .jpg now. here it is:

"Thank you, Based God"

iirc, Photoshop is able to open up those .bin files. So no weird unknown program required if you have it.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
we talk about homestuck here too? aight i have **** to talk about here.

in terms of anime how is chu-2 ren? i heard it sucks and thats disappointing cause the first season was amazing
chu2 ren is pretty ass imo. i've watched like 5 eps of ren and i'm just going to drop it :/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v-nle0GzC4BrY1NXbFwT1b2hg/edit#gid=1649929290

CEO PM pools are out. Reflex and Strong Bad in the same pool?? this is going to be ridiculous. sending their team partner to losers ;~;

Last edited:

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
chu2 ren is pretty *** imo. i've watched like 5 eps of ren and i'm just going to drop it :/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v-nle0GzC4BrY1NXbFwT1b2hg/edit#gid=1649929290

CEO PM pools are out. Reflex and Strong Bad in the same pool?? this is going to be ridiculous. sending their team partner to losers ;~;
how the heck did that even happen???

I'm not sure which would be worse: this resulting from complete unawareness, or them knowing these are two of the strongest PM players and saying "yeah that's fine"

Vashimus

Smash Master
Some punk ****in kid stepped to me tonight.

He was into this girl that was into me. And he took offence to that fact. He was just this dumb ****in high school kid. I don't want to be that guy that talks trash about the next generation of people that comes after him. I don't.

I know that every generation has been better than the last. I know that.

Overall. Overall the next generation has been better. This particular individual, he was a piece of ****. He stepped to me, as the phrase goes. I didn't do anything because I am a reasonable, logical person. But I am a little disappointed. I know that he doesn't represent the entire generation. I know that he is a douchebag. But still. I'm a little sad about it. He made it a point to talk to me, to tell me to shut up. I was talking about this girl in Steak n Shake. He obviously liked her. She wasn't into him. She was more into me. So I know what it was about.

But like seriously? You're that petty? You ******* kid. You are a child. I know you don't think you are, but you are a child.

He is going to miss out on everything awesome in life and die alone. I would feel sorry for him but there's no point. He deserves everything he's going to get.

Sorry for that. I just had to say it.

Damn, I was expecting something a lot more colorful.

If you must fight, go for the headbutt. No one sees it coming.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Holy **** I got 20 notifications and only 2 of them are mechwarrior likes

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Still having notifications activated for likes... Seems like you haven't posted in this thread enough.

On a smash4 related note : that big anime convention I'm going to soon will have smash 4 tournaments with smash 3ds pre orders as prizes. Multiple times a day. During five days.
Needless to say that I'm ****ing hyped.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Watched the new TMNT trailer and it makes the movie look even worse than I thought it could. I'll probably watch it (though damned if I'm going to pay to see it), since I like to give things a chance....but it really looks like they took the horrible Michael Bay Transformers films and mixed it with TMNT and apparently Toxic Avenger (to make their faces).

Fortunately, there are enough good things going in the TMNT universe right now that one terrible movie won't ruin it, what with the IDW comics and the Nick show. Anyways, anyone else have any thoughts on it?
1.The newest trailer did a really good save by clearing up the whole "turtles are aliens" thing was axed.
2.I am not a fan of Megan Fox.
3.The faces of the turtles are gross.
4.There is one aspect in which this movie doesn't look like Michael Bay's Transformers movies... the cinematography is actually bearable. Still, this Jonathan Liebesman guy doesn't have a good record...
5.It looks better than I thought it would (though my expectations were of course very low).
6. Lol Skrillex's Reptile. I get it.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
1.The newest trailer did a really good save by clearing up the whole "turtles are aliens" thing was axed.
2.I am not a fan of Megan Fox.
3.The faces of the turtles are gross.
4.There is one aspect in which this movie doesn't look like Michael Bay's Transformers movies... the cinematography is actually bearable. Still, this Jonathan Liebesman guy doesn't have a good record...
5.It looks better than I thought it would (though my expectations were of course very low).
6. Lol Skrillex's Reptile. I get it.
1) They cleared that up quite a while ago. It wouldn't have even been a big deal if they would have handled it like the current IDW comics or even the current Nick show where the Ooze has alien origins.
2) Me either, I'm not really sure why she keeps having to be in Michael Bay films.
3) They absolutely are gross. One fan changed a few pictures of them to be properly turtle-fied, so it isn't hard to do. Why they seem stuck on that ugly half human/half turtle face....I have no idea.
4) The cinematography might be bearable, but just about everything else looks pretty...eh.
5) I had no expectations since everything that Michael Bay has a hand in, that was someone else's creation has turned to ****.

I could be completely wrong and it could blow me away, but even the voices bug me right now, and how the turtles sound is a really big deal to me. Guess we'll find out.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Good place to ask!
Never forget,
Peter Cullen(OP's VA) still does him now; the guy is pretty cool too.
Same for Frank Welker.

Honestly

I've lost almost all interest in modern action movies, expecially the transformers movies. The new movies took everything that made them good ( Relatively interesting or at least understandable/relatable characters [****ing main autobot in the first Live action reboot can't even talk, what where they thinking], a conflict that makes sense, determinable action scenes, and rock ballads ) and instead put in more actors/human conflict, ****loads of shaky-cam, and forgettable music tracks.

Honestly I hate shaky-cam so much. Why spend so much production money on CGI action scenes and explosions if the audience wont be able to see half of it clearly.

I just want discernible action scenes and Rock ballads. It that so hard to make?

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I hate when friends pester me about trivial stuff like asking who's girl I like. It'd be fine if it were once or twice, but my one friend who I just got done hanging out with literally tried for 45 minutes to get it out of me, even after I repeatedly said no, before giving up.

I've been hanging out with people too much. I'm starting to get annoyed with old friends too, like the one I visited :/ The new friends I've made have much more in common and me, and we have the exact same sense of humor. My old friends are sort of fading from me very slowly, I feel.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I hate when friends pester me about trivial stuff like asking who's girl I like. It'd be fine if it were once or twice, but my one friend who I just got done hanging out with literally tried for 45 minutes to get it out of me, even after I repeatedly said no, before giving up.

I've been hanging out with people too much. I'm starting to get annoyed with old friends too, like the one I visited :/ The new friends I've made have much more in common and me, and we have the exact same sense of humor. My old friends are sort of fading from me very slowly, I feel.
Well sometimes those old relationships do fade, and as sad as it is, its alright. You have new friends who will fill in the void they left.
*Pills trying to be serious for once* lol.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
@ Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man
Yeah, but it's good that the trailer mentioned the alien thing to be a final "Hey, we fixed it!" to anybody who missed the message. Just good marketing.

As far as August action movie adaptations with talking animals go, Guardians of the Galaxy has to be way better in any case.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
@ Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man
Yeah, but it's good that the trailer mentioned the alien thing to be a final "Hey, we fixed it!" to anybody who missed the message. Just good marketing.

As far as August action movie adaptations with talking animals go, Guardians of the Galaxy has to be way better in any case.
I've actually started reading the Marvel Now series Guardians of the Galaxy, so I'm much more interested in that film than I was a few months ago. Here's hoping it is better than The Avengers.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Well sometimes those old relationships do fade, and as sad as it is, its alright. You have new friends who will fill in the void they left.
*Pills trying to be serious for once* lol.
Yo Pills I finished Black Butler entirely. I can see why you like Grell so much, dude is hilarious.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Yo Pills I finished Black Butler entirely. I can see why you like Grell so much, dude is hilarious.
Ayyyye so how did you like the series overall?
And Grell is indeed hilarious, he always has something funny to say. Just one of the many reasons why I love him so much.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Ayyyye so how did you like the series overall?
And Grell is indeed hilarious, he always has something funny to say. Just one of the many reasons why I love him so much.
The series overall was good. The ending of Season 2 was just straight up funny to me. Oddly enough, my favorite episode was the S2 OVA where they do the whole Hollywood type thing.
On the Grell discussion, I thought everyone would catch on ASAP lol. I've watched so many shows where boys get mistake for girls that this one was flat out obvious. (Hideyoshi from Baka to Test, Megumu from Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Daruku in Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin) There's like endless examples of this lol. Hell, even Alois Trancie was a better girl than Grell.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
What's everyone's thoughts on Skyloft?

I know the Summer Map Pack newly listed it as a banned stage which leads me to ask, aren't there better stage options than Skyloft?

I don't mean any disrespect to any PMBR members that put their time and effort into creating that stage but I feel like there are better alternatives out there (though the ones I have in mind are usually just ports of good SSE stages like the one where you fight Bowser with Subspace and Master Hand in the background).

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Better options than skyloft: Any other stage on the second row, apart from lylat and skyworld.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
The series overall was good. The ending of Season 2 was just straight up funny to me. Oddly enough, my favorite episode was the S2 OVA where they do the whole Hollywood type thing.
On the Grell discussion, I thought everyone would catch on ASAP lol. I've watched so many shows where boys get mistake for girls that this one was flat out obvious. (Hideyoshi from Baka to Test, Megumu from Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, Daruku in Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin) There's like endless examples of this lol. Hell, even Alois Trancie was a better girl than Grell.
The hollywood OVA and Ciel in wonderland were too good. And I dunno, he just didn't seem like a guy at all, so I was like "oh well this MUST be a girl". But when Sebastian said the thought of the two having kids was "Repulsive and impossible" it became obvious to what he was. But its weird because I knew Alois was a guy the moment I seen him.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
>So many shows
>3, two of which are from last season
Your powerlevel is showing. You could at least pick good shows.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Openings/endings are better animated than the actual series most of the time, if that's what you mean.

Top Bottom