• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Korra

Book 1 - Really great until the very end. Some boring parts throughout.
Book 2 - Horrible animation and character development until about half way through, then gets pretty good, then ends weird.
Book 3 - Loving it so far.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Korra

Book 1 - Never seen it idk lol
Book 2 - Never seen it idk lol
Book 3 - Never seen it idk lol

I liked Avatar though.

Bazkip

Smash Master
And then give us a gigantic asspull at the end. I love the Avatar writers for the most part, but they cannot write a good ending to a season at all (besides ALTA Book 2).
What
Book 2 finale was the least memorable out of all of ATLA, I had to go look it up because I completely forgot what happened.

The other two I remember quite clearly, especially Book 1 finale. That was god tier.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
LoK decently managed to weave darker themes into the show, but was inherently brought down by the decision to become a full season when the writers weren't prepared for it

And then promptly waste an episode on (ultimately pointless) shipping.

And then give us a gigantic asspull at the end. I love the Avatar writers for the most part, but they cannot write a good ending to a season at all (besides ALTA Book 2).
I disagree. Season 1 and 3 of ATLA have good endings. Also LoK was planned to be a "full" season from the beginning. Just a short one.

Also pls don't spoil book 3 soon because I'm in SoCal and my secondary eastern Nick channel isn't eastern anymore for some reason. Nice to read that it's great so far though.

or I could just stay off this thread lol

Also other guy, the last few episodes of Korra book 2 have good animation, particularly in the Spirit World. Beginning is worse.

Last edited:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Also other guy, the last few episodes of Korra book 2 have good animation, particularly in the Spirit World. Beginning is worse.
Yeah. Studio Mir didn't think they could handle another Korra book that soon, so Studio Pierrot (the dudes who animate Naruto) took it on at first. The first episode looked pretty good, but things went down hill fast and things were looking terrible. Half way through Mir was tired of Pierrot ruining their image (because the casual viewer doesn't know **** about animation studios) so they took back over for the Wan story and just about everything else afterwards.

Pierrot suuuuuuuucks

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I mean that the endings to 1 and 3 are very contrived (more so for 3 because energybending to subvert addressing a pretty serious character flaw). Everything is wrapped up rather nicely at least (well besides throwing a hook out with Zuko confronting Ozai over his mother, but at least they make use of his not-deadness with this ending). Also, I probably remember the ending to 2 the most because NickToons has a penchant for airing it practically all the time. It also helped that S2 provided the forefront of the biggest character development pieces so the finale was able to round it all up nicely (although I share Iroh's reaction to Zuko challenging Azula, I mean christ man why).

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
@ GP&B GP&B
Energybending was planned (at least what it does) since the beginning of the show. I have the art book.

And I agree. Nicktoons Avatar reruns are ALWAYS the Ba Sing Se arc.

I hope the announcement goes live before Korra starts here.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
proof that nostalgia is real: people genuinely played CvS2 for nearly a decade and I can only assume it was the only arcade cabinet on-hand in norcal because it sure as hell isn't because it's fun to watch

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Wha? All opinions, by their very nature, are subjective by definition. Are they not?
No. Opinions are neither objective nor subjective; however, an opinion can only be valid if it's about something subjective.

Example; whether or not something tastes nice or tastes gross is subjective, and as such believing that either is true would be someone's opinion. The sky is objectively blue, and as such holding an opinion that it is, in fact, not, would be invalid.

Many people attempt to avoid arguments by declaring that opinions are subjective, and implying that subjectivity, in that case, means that one's opinion is incapable of being wrong, which is definitely not the case. It's also important to note that the point of debate in the first place is an attempt at organizing subjective ideas into objective ones; the line between subjective and objective is not as distinct as people tend to assume, and the pervasive idea that 'quality', as an idea, is an incomprehensibly complicated notion that's essentially impossible to quantify to any degree is just flat out wrong.

Rather than trying to make your opinions unassailable, consider that the wise man knows that he knows nothing.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
A funny web comic that is FGC that I like to read every now and again just updated and with CEO yay.
http://furiousrockets.net/?p=234

EDIT: And CVS2 nowadays if it's not played on arcade cabinet it's played on DC or PS2 mainly DC cause it's the closest to the arcade version. The PS2 classics on the PSN re release is just straight up a lazy port with some input lag from what I hear. Personally watching CVS2 is exciting and it's one of my favorite FG's to watch or play but it does have alot of cheap stuff to it.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Did quality actually drop since they reset the stream? It's looking pretty awful.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Man, this stage is pretty problematic. Walls, extra close blast zones, and I can't even figure out where the ledges are. But that bit might be because of the quality.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
To be fair M2K camped even more than him.

YOOO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
NEW MODE? CLIMMMMBBEEEERRRS MOOOODDDDE?

WAIT WHAT THE ****

OH SHIIIIIIIT

MAHVEL CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So no new characters or?
Don't get me wrong i'm excited for it, but is that all for tonight?

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Grill: Hey
Vash: Yo
Grill: Busy?
Vash: Little bit, yeah.
Grill: Come over
Vash: Sorry, but I'm kind of in the middle of something right now.
Grill: My parents aren't home
Vash: .................10 minutes.

LEMME SEE THIS **** IN ACTION FIRST DAMMIT.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
that felt a bit overhyped

admittedly that may be from us being spoiled w/ 3.0's announcements being godly

Top Bottom