• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please, please tell me these people are an extreme minority. I've never met anyone like this in real life and I hope I never do.
(I'm talking about the people being discussed, not the narrator)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Please, please tell me these people are an extreme minority. I've never met anyone like this in real life and I hope I never do.
I don't have 30 minutes man. I HAVE THINGS TO DO.
But it's something about Tumblr... And if Tumblr has taught me anything, it's that vocal minorities can be EXTREMELY loud when they suddenly find themselves with a soapbox.
Tumblr is secretly just as cancerous as the rest of the internet, it's just that people who frequent Tumblr have their heads too far up their asses to accept it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't have 30 minutes man. I HAVE THINGS TO DO.
But it's something about Tumblr... And if Tumblr has taught me anything, it's that vocal minorities can be EXTREMELY loud when they suddenly find themselves with a soapbox.
Tumblr is secretly just as cancerous as the rest of the internet, it's just that people who frequent Tumblr have their heads too far up their ***** to accept it.
Sorry, but I still think the most toxic place on the internet currently are the Smash 4 boards.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
4chan overall isn't that bad.

Some of the boards are terrible though.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So that thing you posted was super nifty Serve.

And hell yeah I'm going to CEO. I'm not a total ****ing scrub. I'm going with some friends and we're gonna watch the third Madoka movie the night before and it's going to be kick ass as ****.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Only Tumblrinas are so backward that they not only enjoy existing in an ignorant, privileged bubble but also believe it is a bad idea to share ideas freely and spread culture everywhere through music and art.

They are Pre-Enlightenment fools and tribal to a scary degree.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
4chan overall isn't that bad.

Some of the boards are terrible though.
/b/ tho (some messed up ****)

Lemme watch this vid and say something about it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Only Tumblrinas are so backward that they not only enjoy existing in an ignorant, privileged bubble but also believe it is a bad idea to share ideas freely and spread culture everywhere through music and art.

They are Pre-Enlightenment fools and tribal to a scary degree.
The scary part was seeing actual events get shut down because of accused "cultural appropriation". I realize this is probably only happening in the most left-wing of states (I sincerely don't want to jump the gun into politics, but this is hugely where this mindset is generated from), but it's seeing real results of this kind of insanity that's deeply disturbing and also downright insulting to people who put effort into genuine equality.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Super predictable cheesy piss I could have wrote a decade ago on Runescape fan fiction forums
The story is super predictable and is just a cheesy jump scare. but the forced scrolling to make it look like animation is really nifty and I had never seen anything else do that. Its pretty obnoxious and I'm glad its not spread (that **** would be so stupid if it was popular) but Its pretty cool.

Vashimus

Smash Master
If you haven't played a Fire Emblem game, you're not allowed to play Marth, Ike or Roy in Smash.

#Gamingappropiation.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Basically you have people that only use Tumblr to reaffirm their own ignorant beliefs on what's wrong with the world.
They only seek more people who think the same way. The result of which is them becoming increasingly more detached from reality; they have enough people on the internet agreeing with them, feeding their ego and sense of self right, that they see no need to even consider the viewpoints of others. Which is hilarious, because your average Tumblr "activist" will gladly talk for days about how the world needs to be more open.

And if, god forbid, you try to present a reasonable argument to them, you will just be labeled with one of their Tumblr-made euphemisms rather than try to defend their viewpoint.

The sad part about Tumblr, at least in my opinion, is that it started off as an actually nice site. Then it became populated by your everyday Tumblr activists. I have to weed through enough **** on the internet to get to anything remotely productive as is; I really don't have the patience to also do it on Tumblr.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tumblr is used by people for... things? I assumed everything there was filth and smut. Ya know, the free on the internet kind.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The sad part about Tumblr, at least in my opinion, is that it started off as an actually nice site. Then it became populated by your everyday Tumblr activists. I have to weed through enough **** on the internet to get to anything remotely productive as is; I really don't have the patience to also do it on Tumblr.
Insinuating that this is a productive thread.
:denzel:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Yeah
There was this this chick who would explain **** like this in my homeroom last year and any time I questioned it she'd get really pissed.
I still think cultural appropriation as an idea is one of the most racist things I've ever heard

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Maybe it's just because I live in Florida which is full of the most chill af people ever (<3 the smash community here) because I never see these people. I mean, at least I'll never be famous because I'd be a PR disaster with these idiots.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Maybe it's just because I live in Florida which is full of the most chill af people ever (<3 the smash community here) because I never see these people. I mean, at least I'll never be famous because I'd be a PR disaster with these idiots.
Little do they know, they're practicing cultural appropriation, because being ignorant dumbasses is, according to them, white male culture, and I personally am offended.
#culturalappropriation #whitepeoplearepeopletoo

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I like to think these guys are just really good trolls from 4chan.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Castle in the Sky or Grave of the Fireflies?
Or if you know another good anime film suggest it to me.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Little do they know, they're practicing cultural appropriation, because being ignorant *******es is, according to them, white male culture, and I personally am offended.
#culturalappropriation #whitepeoplearepeopletoo
Victim mentality and social justice BS is becoming such an increasing trend in the West, I'm getting sick of it at this point.

America: the country where people get offended over every little thing.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Non Studio Ghibli recommendation: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Studio Ghibli recommendation: Porco Rosso.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I spent 5 years trying to learn chinese in Middle/highschool. I had no idea i was oppressing all of my friends that were born in china and taking the class with me (for an easy A).

like... 5% of the internet is super productive. the rest of it is what happens when you give idiotic people a means to put their thoughts out is places where people that don't want to look at it won't, and everyone who does want to hear it can give it up-votes. The internet is a giant group of seperate circle-jerks who hate eachother.

I've actually been told that because I'm a white male that both slavery and the situation of Native Americans was personally my fault and I should feel bad. I told the person that my family immigrated here from Ireland/Sweden/Slovakia in the early 1900's and lived in boston/Connecticut, meaning while I had sympathy for the current situation there was no possible way I could be tied into it other than just a "white Guilt" thing. The conversation ended there because they didn't really have a response.

I'm an upper-middle class white male with a nuclear family that pays for my college education. I apologize to the world for everytime I ate something other than McDonalds.

Cultural appropriation is stupid and detracts from actual equality movements that need support.

I feel like this will come off super passive aggressive and I really do care about oppression/equality/etc, I don't go on protests, but I do actively participate in walks and other things like that. Contributing to numbers at an event is massively more helpful to alleviate a situation than writing about it on your blog that only gets seen by people who already agree with you. Cultural appropriation is stupid, and any normal human being will tell you that (but don't ask a white person)

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Castle in the Sky or Grave of the Fireflies?
Or if you know another good anime film suggest it to me.
If you want to be blown away by visuals, watch anything by Makoto Shinkai (Kumo no mukou, yakusoku no basho; 5cm/s; kotonoha no niwa; Hoshi wo ou Kodomo among others)

I also recently saw Sakasama no Patema, and I thought it was fantastic. It's a very recent release.

Top Bottom