• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
How do you guys handle actual spicy food if a little mild sauce makes you edgy?

Yes, I've had one and had to add a few packs of fire sauce to make it flavorful.
i mean why do ya gotta try and seem superior to others about something as trivial as how spicy you like your food

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I tried to Chu Dat, but my arms failed to take the proper pose. Instead of this:

I ended up with this:

I cannot Chu Dat

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
"Play To Win"
You lack the battle hardened spirit of a true warrior.
I knew this was satirical.
I barely stopped myself from lambasting people who go out of their way to be That Guy™/the winner, and pointing out why they are rock-bottom scum.

Careful what topics you bring up, in any capacity.

Have you seen what comes out of me??
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Isn't Warchamp like 22 or something? So he was coding **** when he was 12?
Some of y'all PMBR grow up too damn fast.
I'm 23.

I'm building a fusion reactor for a 500$ budget(that's the plan, anyway), old/repurposed electronics, and massive quantities of scrap metal that I intend to break down, and reforge into the structure/internals of the whole thing.

Grow up too fast, my butt.

Guilty Gear Xrd runs at 60fps and looks so ****ing beautiful
Yes it does.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I remember how Edgy used to have a meaning but it's been completely botched up by the internet because the internet is full of dummies
On the internet, threats are empty because of Internet Tough Guy syndrome, and the anonymity granted by being behind a screen.

Off it, well...
People don't really contradict me to give a hard time in-person, I can say that much.
Wonder why.

Intimidation works in-person, NEVER on depersonalizing stuff like the internet/etc, you'll get laughed off.
IRL, if you do it well/are good at it, you'll get absolute attention/obedience.

Think about it. It does work...

I love how this can be applied to many different words, phrases, sayings and terms that have been absolutely ruined by the internet.
Two words.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Holy ****, Spain's performance this cup was absolute ****. Even the aussies were more convincing.

I haven't played Smash for a week ;_;
It hurts..

Kati

Smash Lord
You are being naive. You assume that when money and winning something is on the line, all people will care about being exciting and fair. If you're at the cusp of winning thousands of dollars or winning something notable, there would definitely, I would say even the majority of, people who would play lame if it significantly helps them out in the end. And PM was never really to slightly favour in a more offensive way at all. And if he is touching the controller and threatening the opponent to approach, he is "playing the game." Not playing in a certain way does not automatically exempt you from the definition of "playing."
Srs?

Project Goal

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:

• A fast-paced game
  • with flowing, natural movement
  • where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
  • The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.

• <_<

>_>

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lmao, I hardly saw anyone root for the US in my time I spent here. I can confirm that Canada is much more enthusiastic about the world cup despite not even qualifying.

That doesn't really matter though, seeing as you guys will get your asses handed to you sooner or later.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Lmao, I hardly saw anyone root for the US in my time I spent here. I can confirm that Canada is much more enthusiastic about the world cup despite not even qualifying.

That doesn't really matter though, seeing as you guys will get your ***** handed to you sooner or later.
Well, Canada didn't want to embarrass the living hell, out of every other country playing is all.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ARGH TOMORROW I'M GOING TO MY FIRST TOURNEY SINCE WHOBO MLG I AM SO HAPPY I FELT SO CAGED AND BORED FOR OVER A MONTH NOW
The best part Is, there's another tourney also in baton rouge this Saturday. So I get to be down there for three days, with a day in between to recoup from the tourney and get some relaxed practice in

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is Kirby's inhale really something to be concerned about? It seems to have a decently low priority, very small hitbox, (You almost have to be right on top of someone, and it's slow to come out). I'm of the thought that if you do get sucked in from it and kirbycided, you probably deserved to get Kirbycided.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Srs?

Project Goal

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:

• A fast-paced game
  • with flowing, natural movement
  • where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
  • The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.

• <_<

>_>
"favor offense slightly" doesn't mean defense can never work ever. Think about the majority of instances in the game; the balance IS in favor of offense overall. You're just hand-picking a single instance of defense being superior.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Is Kirby's inhale really something to be concerned about? It seems to have a decently low priority, very small hitbox, (You almost have to be right on top of someone, and it's slow to come out). I'm of the thought that if you do get sucked in from it and kirbycided, you probably deserved to get Kirbycided.
Does the hitbox extend above kirby or its really just in front? My friend plays falco and tried coming in from above but still got sucked in.

D

Deleted member

say that when there's 2 minutes left on the clock.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
"Play To Win"
You lack the battle hardened spirit of a true warrior.
If I ever get the necessary things to become a competitive smasher, I will become an entertainer. It would be more fun than just using any means to win.

I want nothing more than a good fight, if that means I gotta go against the play to win mentality, then I won't be mad when I lose / win

and yes I know this post was late.

Kati

Smash Lord
"favor offense slightly" doesn't mean defense can never work ever. Think about the majority of instances in the game; the balance IS in favor of offense overall. You're just hand-picking a single instance of defense being superior.
I left the entire sentence intact for a reason. I'm not getting into the argument of this mu, just correcting the previous poster's claim about PM in general.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Didn't someone like way back in the Smashmods days warn the PMBR to get rid of Kirby's Kirbycides and tone down his Inhale in the Character Idea thread? He actually made convincing arguments for it too. I'll try and look later.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
ARGH TOMORROW I'M GOING TO MY FIRST TOURNEY SINCE WHOBO MLG I AM SO HAPPY I FELT SO CAGED AND BORED FOR OVER A MONTH NOW
What happened to that one tournament where you beat Sethlon? Wasn't that after WHOBO?

I left the entire sentence intact for a reason. I'm not getting into the argument of this mu, just correcting the previous poster's claim about PM in general.
I mean if you really want to get technical with my post, fine the PMBR tends to favor offensive slightly, but the point is that the PMBR doesn't automatically decide to make every character offensive-based, and they do boost defensive options (ex. Zelda). Your correction is missing the point of my entire post. Unless all you're trying to do is nitpick without actually reading my whole argument which is honestly a bit irritating if not said in a joking manner.

Didn't someone like way back in the Smashmods days warn the PMBR to get rid of Kirby's Kirbycides and tone down his Inhale in the Character Idea thread? He actually made convincing arguments for it too. I'll try and look later.
Could you be talking about this?
Roooster said:
This NEEDS to be removed. If swallow must be a suicide tactic, make sure that Kirby dies simultaneously as the opponent. It was alright in Melee because the swallow was hard to connect with AND Kirby didn't really have much going for him anyway, so free stocks at any percent were a great tool to help that. However, if we are to keep it, it basically encourages edge camping for Kirby (free stock if the opponent screws up!). This is in the end going to be toxic gameplay, and it should be out completely, especially since the goal is to give Kirby tools to fight effectively. If Kirby can fight effectively normally, he will have no need for a free stock.
http://smashmods.com/forum/threads/kirby.4858/#post-84372

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
The social thread gathers a lot of viewers. Spreading misinformation, even accidentally, should be corrected. I have nothing against your main point, but you decided to emphasize a detail. I meant no harm.

What happened to that one tournament where you beat Sethlon? Wasn't that after WHOBO?
^ and that isn't nitpicky? :p

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The social thread gathers a lot of viewers. Spreading misinformation, even accidentally, should be corrected. I have nothing against your main point, but you decided to emphasize a detail. I meant no harm.

^ and that isn't nitpicky? :p
Okay, that's cool if you don't mean it to be derogatory or anything. I just got a bad vibe when you opened up your argument with "srs?"

And I wasn't arguing with him or anything. I'm just legitamently confused.

say that when there's 2 minutes left on the clock.
No johns.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Folks trying to put the Pink Puffball down, Sakurai is trying to tear us apart again Kappa.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
America beating Ghana was a pretty big upset. I am also impressed that we are doing this good without Landon Donovan, our #1 guy.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
If US can pull a draw on Portugal, Im pretty sure theyll go through to the knockout stages. Surviving the group of death would definitely be quite impressive..

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That was like a couple weeks before WHOBO actually
I live in Nowhere, Louisiana so only going to a tournament every 3-4 weeks isn't surprising
But it is disappointing and painfully boring

Top Bottom