• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'll defend Spirited Away from the people who say it's too slow or boring or whatever no patience excuse.

It's a really awesome character study and character arc for Chihiro, ignoring the English dub ending which I think changes things
with the newly added last exchange between Chihiro and her parents implying she remembers what happened, rather than her forgetting consciously but having grown as a person in the real silent ending.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Dude, don't even get me started on Poppy Hill, I ****ing love that movie. The ending was predictable, but the wall between Umi and Shun was pretty devastating and really made me wonder how the two were going to handle it. It's a shame that I saw that move before Whisper of the Heart, because I feel like it was miles better.

Thanks for the suggestions people!

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've heard of the underweb very vaguely before. I think I read a really uninformative Wikipedia article on it or something. Care to explain?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
The underweb is a place on the internet where everyone has complete and total anonymity so the can do whatever they want and say whatever they want with no fear of ever being connected to what they said/did. like you can sell drugs, hire hitmen, make forums about your plans to spread aids by rapeing you childeren ect. on the underweb.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Yay
1k likes
How many of them are mechwarrior tho?
Usually about 30% of likes are from Mechliker.
I approve of a lot of things.
It's the only way to do that well!

Victim mentality and social justice BS is becoming such an increasing trend in the West, I'm getting sick of it at this point. America: the country where people get offended over every little thing.
I'm going to be a bit hypocritical right now. Hypocrisy can be justified, in rare cases.
Hopefully I'll make my point well enough to have that thought of me.

Not all of us over in this hive are like that.
Most are; but not everyone is a deranged caricature of what it means to live correctly.

Please. You want toxic? You visit 4chan and /v/.
You want the true measure of a person?
Give them anonymity.
Put them in front a computer screen.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
- Oscar Wilde

The TOR network?
It's best experienced by oneself.
The good news is that it'll actually be just you if you use onion routing, like TOR.
No trackers, no targeted ads, no nothing.

That sort of thing is how you unperson yourself online.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'll defend Spirited Away from the people who say it's too slow or boring or whatever no patience excuse.

It's a really awesome character study and character arc for Chihiro, ignoring the English dub ending which I think changes things
with the newly added last exchange between Chihiro and her parents implying she remembers what happened, rather than her forgetting consciously but having grown as a person in the real silent ending.
I haven't heard anyone criticize Spirited Away. Wait ending change? Do you know of a specific article or your own words to explain more of that and the character analysis because I didn't catch much of the subtleties

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The underweb is a place on the internet where everyone has complete and total anonymity so the can do whatever they want and say whatever they want with no fear of ever being connected to what they said/did. like you can sell drugs, hire hitmen, make forums about your plans to spread aids by rapeing you childeren ect. on the underweb.
Shh, we do not speak of the deepnet to outsiders

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh balls I missed the activismtalk

don't get too close to echo chamber activism, folks. even the most well-meaning things in the world can have distinct harm when you refuse to let people call you out on it

I remember, at one point, I saw an argument that believed that paper itself was racist, because it was white

and the reasoning behind this was that once, paper in asia had a yellow color

I wanna just let y'all think on that for a moment. I want you to figure out the feedback loop here

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
but dosent paper turn yellow over time? I think that this change in paper color is a metaphor for all the cultures mixing and eventually turning into one bigger culture that no longer argues amongst ourselves because we have bigger problems to worry about, in the form of aliens.

hehe im such an optimist

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
all the cultures mixing and eventually turning into one bigger culture that no longer argues amongst ourselves because we have bigger problems to worry about, in the form of aliens.

hehe im such an optimist
So we need to invent a threat, maybe start a war against another race in space and then we will be united?

Oh boy and we can send to trial any alien loving traitors too. Your a genius, I'm in.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
damn, that number is beautiful

the fact that a game with no possible real official acknowledgement, and all the chance in the world to have burned to the ground from lawsuit potential, has more entrants than games with official backing warms my cold, cynical soul

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's a hard one to answer. I'd like to say everyone is equal, and for the most part they are.

There are a couple of anomalies for good and bad, but these people know who they are and don't need me to publicly praise (or denounce) them.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
does anyone here have any experience ordering off amazon.co.jp?

i want to buy some stuff (mostly cd's), but i'm not so sure about the costs. $dollars sounds about right for cd's, but im unsure how much it normally costs for shipping, assuming its for only 1 album

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Your shipping would be three or four bucks if you were just getting standard shipping within the states. My friend bought an Otamatone, and those cost about 30 bucks. With shipping it came to somewhere closer to $40 or $50 I think.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just gonna give a quick rundown of CEO
PM:
Reflex
Ken
DEHF
ZeRo
Colbol
RockCrock
Gahtzu
Seibrik
ESAM
Hungrybox
Porkchops
Bryonato
aMSa
KoreanDJ
Strong Bad (also signed up for USF4 ohohoho)
PikaChad
Mew2King
Phish-it
DJ Nintendo
M@V
Chu Dat
Wizzrobe

Melee:
Scar
Ken
Toph
DEHF
Fiction
ZeRo
Colbol
RockCrock
Gahtzu
Gravy
Harriett
Hungrybox
Porkchops
s0ft
aMSa
Loki
KoreanDJ
PikaChad
Mew2King
Zanguzen
Phish-it
Hax
Alukard
DJ Nintendo
ky
The Moon
Chu Dat
Wizzrobe

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Top 10 posters in this thread IDK man cause there is alot of regulars and non regulars on here whom I love to see post. I wonder if I'm on anyone's list?

Top Bottom