• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Does anyone have any tips for a first time TO?
I'm having a small 11 person tourney today.
Wish me luck.
There's a thread about TOing dos and donts in the tourney discussion forum, you should check that out.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Hey Internet:

Stop hyping Attack on Titan so damn much. You are literally ruining the show for people when it doesn't meet insane expectations.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I need a twitter handle, SpiderMad and SpiderM are taken
going with MadSpider for now, think u can switch it later

for some reason I don't like twitter or tweeting though, the social thread is my home

Last edited:

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I asked the stream of Fight Pit 4, but nobody knew about the announcement, and didn't get an answer from D1,

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Hey Internet:

Stop hyping Attack on Titan so damn much. You are literally ruining the show for people when it doesn't meet insane expectations.
never.

in fact, i'll hype it even more when i complete my hanji cosplay and show results in here : p handmade leather harness, too legit.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys don't care, but Google Plus / Drive finally started working for me again in Google Chrome! I was stuck using Internet Explorer as my only way to access it before! It was awful.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You guys don't care, but Google Plus / Drive finally started working for me again in Google Chrome! I was stuck using Internet Explorer as my only way to access it before! It was awful.
I've found stuff like that too, their internal flash player can create some hassles with Youtube and everything

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've found stuff like that too, their internal flash player can create some hassles with Youtube and everything
For the longest time i had to watch twitch streams in Firefox or IE because Chrome's flash player didn't like twitch.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is Big House 4 the announcement? The tweet does say "a big announcement!" Is that just a clever play on words??

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
So, I booted up 1.0 to see why I hated it back then, immediately remembered why:
But I did like the results screen a little better than the one we have now.
It was pretty cool to see all of the stages when they were made using objects from the game though.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
the big announcement was that there was none (laughs)

god damn this ****ing website stop not loading I WILL CRUSH YOU

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
@ standardtoaster standardtoaster It has a floor and shadows are rendered on it, it looks like it's just a textured brawl result screen but it's just my personal taste that everyone isn't just floating in the air.

(I tried to say this like 12 hours ago but crashboards happened)

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Wanted to post this earlier, but Crashboards.
Cosmo breaks his OOT world record yet again, this time with a new route that skips the Kokiri sword altogether.
This run was actually pretty crazy, and the first like, ten minutes of the run he talks about Melee.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Wanted to post this earlier, but Crashboards.
Cosmo breaks his OOT world record yet again, this time with a new route that skips the Kokiri sword altogether.
This run was actually pretty crazy, and the first like, ten minutes of the run he talks about Melee.
My favorite part is he still can optmize it more. He lost 8 seconds by missing the first 8% hess, and he couldnt avoid a few avoidable nazi text boxes, which along with good chicken rng, sub 18:30 is completely feasible.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Came from a local tourney yesterday with 2 OOS people and alot of new faces and decided to run Zelda along with Roy and Marth and I got 5th out of 16 :( and got the same result placing in melee out of 23 entrance with Marth and Falco but my tech skill was kinda ass and I felt super slow cause I haven't played much melee at all anymore since 3.0 came out and just played defensive and did unexpected things to throw people off, picked my spots and got tippers, create space and tech chased alot. Man as much I love Project M, it throws my melee tech skill outta whack super hard and I didn't get any games recorded either :(

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My favorite part is he still can optmize it more. He lost 8 seconds by missing the first 8% hess, and he couldnt avoid a few avoidable nazi text boxes, which along with good chicken rng, sub 18:30 is completely feasible.
As much as I want to see him take it further, it will be hard to top saving the run with the 8% backup strat from an entertainment standpoint. Everybody was so sure the run was over, BibleThumps at the ready and then BOOM we got teh urn.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Came from a local tourney yesterday with 2 OOS people and alot of new faces and decided to run Zelda along with Roy and Marth and I got 5th out of 16 :( and got the same result placing in melee out of 23 entrance with Marth and Falco but my tech skill was kinda *** and I felt super slow cause I haven't played much melee at all anymore since 3.0 came out and just played defensive and did unexpected things to throw people off and picked my spots and got tippers and create space and tech chased alot. Man as much I love Project M, it throws my melee tech skill outta whack super hard and I didn't get any games recorded either :(
Congrats on placing 5th, but you gotta split them sentences brother. That run-on left me gasping for air while reading in my head.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Last edited:
Top Bottom