• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
SAKURACON TOMORROW, WHO WANTS TO MEET UP AND TOUCH BUTTS PLAY PROJECT M

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hey guys, I've been saving up money for a year now, and I saved much more than I needed so I'll spend the superfluous in making my local smash scene betterAny advice for streaming equipement fit for Project M ? A 16:9 CRT seems obligatory, but then, I'll also need mics, webcams and capture cards and I have no idea what to buy.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I use an Elgato capture card but I also play Project M through my lagless LCD and on the Wii U so...

Probably doesn't help you. =P

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So, I decide to bring an ethernet cable to school today because I was tired of wifi that was slow and/or dropped occasionally.
This is what the wifi normally gives me:

Then I finally found an ethernet port that worked at school. This is what the ethernet cable gives me:

Holy ****.

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
Hey guys, I've been saving up money for a year now, and I saved much more than I needed so I'll spend the superfluous in making my local smash scene betterAny advice for streaming equipement fit for Project M ? A 16:9 CRT seems obligatory, but then, I'll also need mics, webcams and capture cards and I have no idea what to buy.
Logitech C920 are the absolute best webcams.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Fyi puff gets more air control if she does an attack at the start of her jump than she would with an empty jump. That's why puff players never stop throwing out moves.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So, I decide to bring an ethernet cable to school today because I was tired of wifi that was slow and/or dropped occasionally.

Then I finally found an ethernet port that worked at school. This is what the ethernet cable gives me:

Holy ****.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman

Holy ****.
****ing korean internet

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Fyi puff gets more air control if she does an attack at the start of her jump than she would with an empty jump. That's why puff players never stop throwing out moves.
For real? That's terrible.

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks puff needs a redesign.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Nah
truth

Holy ****.
Wow 26ms ping

Last edited:

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
In other news, I have broken my second mechanical keyboard in 4 months because of frustration of starcraft 2. I think I need to give up on the game, and just hide alongside Project M.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If I had a dollar for every time I've seen Hungrybox throw out an aerial when his opponent is nowhere near and get punished for it...
I know that multijumpers get more mobility by attacking when they jump, but that doesn't mean they should be doing it. A lot of characters can very easily capitalize on even a small number of frames of lag.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Did you know that posting in the Social Thread is a good way to increase your message count so people take your long elaborated posts as advice of wisdom and not noob's talk :troll:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
A 16:9 CRT seems obligatory,
Good luck finding one of those. Also they are extremely massive and awkward to carry because they are so WIDE. If you can find a monitor and connect directly with VGA, it will look so beautiful. But you'll need a vga distribution amp, with one output going to a monitor and the other going to either a composite/svideo, component, or hdmi converter to record the stream. It's ok to use a 4:3 CRT.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have a 300 pound 40 inch HD CRT that can output in 480, 720, and 1080 resolutions natively in 16:9 or 4:3 resolution.
300 pounds aside (according to the manual it's 304 pounds doe) it's da bess.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Criticism is always appreciated but sometimes posters just think they have won a discussion just because they have more posts (not always that direct but you are at least taken more serious with more posts). For example I started playing PM just in February (because of PAL problems) and also started posting frequently then. I had watched PM videos regularly (and analyzed mistakes etc.) for almost a year then and knew pretty much about the game without having played it once so that is my source of imbalance between messages and experience. Isn't always affecting how serious you are taken but can be an issue ^^

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
And that giant tv doesn't lag at all? I haven't seen many large CRTs without lag
When I did the input lag calibration test through Rock Band it came up as less than a frame, iirc it was around 6ms. A lot of your run of the mill HD CRT's will lag pretty heavily, but the top of the line Sony Trinitrons are really nice and hard to find (probably because they were a few thousand dollars when they came out, and owners don't seem to want to get rid of them because they have largely stood the test of time). The lag is more than a SD CRT for sure, feels comparable to a lot of the monitors I've played on. Like playing on a monitor, you definitely need to give yourself time to adjust. Even if it didn't weigh a few hundred pounds I wouldn't bring it to a tourney because switching between a SD CRT and a good HD CRT on the fly would be tough, but as a standalone that serves all my entertainment purposes at home it's hard to beat.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
only aerial jumps, but yeah

Top Bottom