• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Any Zero Suit Samus players I should be taking notes from? I feel like she plays relatively close to Shiek in Melee (In that she has a pretty damn mean combo game once she punishes you).

As for Snake... I only need two people: EastCoastEddie and Professor Pro.
I have a whole thread dedicated to your kind of stuff. Here it is:
http://smashboards.com/threads/top-players-by-character-redux.340128/

Contains video archives of a lot of players of each character, many of them being the best players of PM

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've been around a lot longer than you, and I have to say, it does get old being the community pariah. At some point you get to where you feel like you're being fake to avoid criticism from viewpoints that are blatantly ignorant or stupid, but you also don't want to put forth effort to correct them because it's just easier to let them remain stupid. Maybe you're not on the boards as much as me, that probably helps. If I lived near other players I'd definitely spend my time on a controller instead of a keyboard.

I already said that I played Kevin at the beginning of March and that his Marth was slightly better than mine. That's just my honest impression from playing him as a coach, a personal friend, and an opponent. And I'm one of the best qualified people around in terms of judging relative skill. Take it or leave it.
I play peepz all the time.

:018:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
What is the appeal of Kill La Kill. It's a violence-fetish softcore hentai about sentient clothing, with all the plot of a violence-fetish hentai
It's made by the same people as Gurren lagann.

Instant credibility.

Although I have no interest in Kill La Kill.

I have no opinion on it since I haven't watched it though.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood
Spotted on imgur.

Is this for real?
Lol
I might just have to go on every existing site now and take my username for myself just so my secret admirer can't

EDIT: **** the same guy who has had my username on twitter for a long time (unrelated to pic above) apparently also has a tumblr... with the same name
I had planned to never make a tumblr but okay

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Lol
I might just have to go on every existing site now and take my username for myself just so my secret admirer can't
EDIT: **** the same guy who has had my username on twitter for a long time (unrelated to pic above) apparently also has a tumblr... with the same name
I had planned to never make a tumblr but okay
There's a guy from Poland that has used my username on Skype for years, and there's another somewhere else, but I have my username on almost everything.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Considering I'll now have a lot of free time, I'm glad I can finally get around to playing these.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Note to self: Stop. Doing. So. Many. Unnecessary. Bloody. Moves. And stop trying to evade your opponents in order to set up a combo. Professor Pro/Oro, you are not.

Did anyone ever suffer this problem while they were learning new characters?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
It's like I'll wavedash and run from my opponent for no real reason. Then, as a Snake in training, I'll try and copy exactly what Prof Pro does even though it's not really working.

Fortress

Smash Master
Note to self: Stop. Doing. So. Many. Unnecessary. Bloody. Moves. And stop trying to evade your opponents in order to set up a combo. Professor Pro/Oro, you are not.

Did anyone ever suffer this problem while they were learning new characters?
Yes. Moreso than being a character-specific issue, it was an experience issue. Here's an easy way for you to get past this and prevent yourself from forming bad habits:

Find out what your character is good at, give yourself a goal to perform each stock, and know what you need to do to accomplish that goal as efficiently as possible. For example, I play Sheik. My goal overall as Sheik is to remove my opponent from the stage and use her multitude of gimping tools to score quick kills. Okay, that sounds easy enough, but how do I do that? I can set up my goal as a flowchart of sorts to ask and answer those hard questions for me.

Is my opponent at a high percent?
>No
>>Grab, throw, and tech chase until my opponent is off of the stage. Low-percent on opponent will make this quick and easy.
>>>Edgeguard with ledgehogs, needles, f-air, and b-air as appropriate

>Yes
>>Is a platform available?
>>>Yes
>>>>Set opponent up onto a platform for a tech-chased F-air or D-air into U-smash if possible (stage/character dependent)

>No
>>Set up into a f-air with needles into d-tilts, or a DI trap through b-throw/d-throw mixups, then guard off-stage as needed

Something like that, but, more tailored to your specific character and playstyle. First thing you can do to eliminate useless, panicky, clutter-moves from your game is to formulate an overall goal for your character, a way that you want to score your kills every stock, and as efficiently as possible. Have an answer for each possibility; is your opponent heavily damaged? Not at all? Floaty or no? Platforms available or not? All of that sort of thing. Your goal will help you decide what moves you should be using, and which ones you should be avoiding.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd like to go to Northwest Majors/Manifest, but I work those nights and I'd likely only wanna play for one day. Bah.

If anybody wants to go 40 minutes south and chill I might be down. :alakadoof:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Cheers for the heads up Fortress!

What's weird is that I feel like I've got my Falco and Peach (more or less) down to a tee.

Top Bottom