• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

Dunno. Prob cause I say cocky things LOL.
smash kids don't like cocky people. even if you're just being positive and confident in a healthy way people will still put a negative slant on it. how do i know? been that ways for years and years.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
smash kids don't like cocky people. even if you're just being positive and confident in a healthy way people will still put a negative slant on it. how do i know? been that ways for years and years.
Haha. I'm not changing my ways for anyone.

:018:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
real talk seagull you should go see a hair stylist or something bro. no hate.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
people don't like cockiness when it boarders on the level of Leffen.

Joe may be approaching that level

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I think they dont like Seagulls level because it is an inbetween. Leffen has many fanboys, his level is liked again by many because it is so straightforward and consequent

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Any Zero Suit Samus players I should be taking notes from? I feel like she plays relatively close to Shiek in Melee (In that she has a pretty damn mean combo game once she punishes you).

As for Snake... I only need two people: EastCoastEddie and Professor Pro.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Few questions:

• Can you only WD OOS with a light pressed shield? Not sure if it's just me but I can't seem to WD OOS when I'm holding L trigger all the way down, and wavedashing with Y+R, but I can do it if it's light pressed.
Just wanted to point out that you are correct about this. Somebody else answered saying you had to release the shield to wavedash, but he was wrong, and you are correct. You can WD OOS when you light press the shield, but not if shield is hard pressed.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
It was close!

It's also hilarious being the most hated person by stream monsters LMFAO.

I don't think anyone hates you lol I think it's just because you're a brawl player. That and you've improved so much, they didn't want Boss to get exposed.

Or I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Any Zero Suit Samus players I should be taking notes from? I feel like she plays relatively close to Shiek in Melee (In that she has a pretty damn mean combo game once she punishes you).

As for Snake... I only need two people: EastCoastEddie and Professor Pro.
Zero Suit Samus from...Melee? What?

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Because coming out and saying that your Marth is as good as Dr. Peepee's is just positive thinking and confidence and totally isn't a cocky exaggeration.

But you actually are correct, nothing is more satisfying than seeing someone's big ego get crushed.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I think you missed a few words.
Uh yeah I just did.
/fail of the day
-
Also, guys I had the weirdest dream. Like the segment of the stage (No matter what stage it was) was fall through, Zelda couldn't change back to Sheik no matter what, and for some reason you could use your Final Smash...What?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
people don't like cockiness when it boarders on the level of Leffen.

Joe may be approaching that level
But I don't just call people bad like my idol does. I call characters bad, but not players. I've been cocky since brawl. I'd compare my cockiness more like Esam tho then Leffen. I know who I'll beat and lose to. I'm not conceited. I'm generally well liked once people talk to me in person loool.
real talk seagull you should go see a hair stylist or something bro. no hate.
I actually just went to a stylist Friday to get a new haircut. I don't know how I look on stream, but my hair looks great in person. My skin looks great on stream, but I don't have perfect skin. Xanadu's stream filter perceives ghosts (pale white skin) in odd ways. See me in person babe :).

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
At least Leffen can back it up.

Idk about Joe here.

Smooth Criminal
I've been playing PM for a month. See me after two months :upsidedown:

Also, does premium membership cost money? I want a :wolf: in every post!

Edit: Time to start wearing the Leffen tag I guess.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It does cost $, and I think you can only have SSB4 characters in the background.
I guess that works since I wanted a way to display my husbando (PM main) :diddy: and already have my 64, melee, and brawl mains designated by widgets on the sidebar.

Will I keep the image after a month is over if i only buy a month's subscription? I don't want a year lol.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*shrugs.*

"I think?" You're hypothesizing along the same lines, Joker. Just because Joe's good in your eyes doesn't mean he'll always deliver. His performance in Brawl too kinda speaks for that.

That said, I hope he gets really good and starts wrecking house. It's nice to see some new blood enriching PM's community. No real ill will meant by what I originally said; I was half-joking.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So? I seem to recall him getting 4stocked in PM by Reflex at Apex2013.

Sometimes good players get bodied. Just because you think they "can back it up" doesn't mean they always will.
Both PM and Melee are very volatile games. It's not a huge deal if you get 4-stocked by a good player. Speaks more about the skill of your opponent than your lack of it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Kirk is back. Chicago is stacked more now than ever.

I upload regularly, BUT I have had life johns the past several weeks so I am behind... I am not GimR but I am working on getting better haha.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
To be fair, that man puts in an obscene amount of work and effort into what he does. I hate playing on stream because you can't look at the stream chat WHILE playing, I'm a stream monster at heart and miss the opportunity. :(

Look forward to WDW tonight!

Last edited:

supreme jd

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to edge tech Roy's Shield Breaker? Like if he's edgeguarding me charging it up, and I get hit by it right next to the ledge, can I tech off the edge safely?

Top Bottom