• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
coming back from the pepper
First it looked like Satan's shriveled up testicle
Upon eating here's what I can say
It was hot, no taste, just burning
It burned all the way down.
so many tears, so much sweat
It was fine after like an hour but then
You feel it in your stomach
And it burns
I still feel it, too. I ate it 8 hours ago
I just pissed lava tho
I give the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Chili Pepper a 10/10

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Is anyone familiar with that "hold attack + do something else" which can make some techniques incredibly easier? Could it also be used for pivots, especially pivot tilts?

D

Deleted member

I don't have a Legacy deck yet - but I've considered building a Black two-turn win deck.
This doesn't exist. The only good combo decks are generally in the turn 4-5 range.

@ plum - batterskull sucks don't use it. same w/ the swords generally but you can make a case for feast and famine in the board. jitte is basically the only good equipment in the format and even then you probably only board 1 or 2 and call it a day. i can't think of any time you'd want main deck equipment tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
There's no Super Armor in this game. What we use is knockback threshold based armor.

Toaster's values are correct. It's 80 for light armor, 120 for medium armor, and 200 for heavy armor.
There is super armor actually

stop lying

plz lrn 2 project m

also my cousin is wavedashing

she's da bess

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why not purple top black bottom?
That's what I've been rocking for a while now. Maybe I'm just getting tired of it, but it doesn't really pop the way the other combinations do. The colors are both dark and look too similar.
I really like the purple/white combo, I have white top purple bottom on my back up controller.

White/clear looks the slickest though. I have clear front/white bottom and Tai has the reverse and they look sick.
I think I am going to go purple top white bottom. It looks really really good.

coming back from the pepper
First it looked like Satan's shriveled up testicle
Upon eating here's what I can say
It was hot, no taste, just burning
It burned all the way down.
so many tears, so much sweat
It was fine after like an hour but then
You feel it in your stomach
And it burns
I still feel it, too. I ate it 8 hours ago
I just pissed lava tho
I give the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Chili Pepper a 10/10
Pissed lava? I imagine pooping a fireball is gonna be fun too Kappa

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just got done swapping controller shells. Oh man it looks so sexy.

Originally I wanted to do Silver top Black bottom, but even though both the shells are official, the silver top is slightly bigger than the black bottom, so that you can feel the inside seam on the handles when you wrap your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fingers around it. I found it really distracting :(

External
  • Launch-day purple shell - top
  • Current-gen white shell - bottom

Internal
  • Motherboard, control stick, c-stick - from current-gen white controller
  • Buttons - misc collected from collection of ~9 official and unofficial controllers including Wavebirds and a weird Gigaware wireless Wii/Gamecube controller
  • D-pad - from Wavebird
  • Membrane (rubber pad) for face buttons - from that weird Gigaware controller, has a really nice deep click to it
  • Membrane for R button - most "clicky" feeling one from collection of controllers
    • Spring removed, spacer added to keep R button at same height as L button; purely digital input
  • Membrane for L button - removed; purely analog trigger now

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
then why is he the one character i never see people make texture hacks for?
There are a lack of guides, and there isn't much you can do him... Any complex texture that uses some crazy pattern or a bunch of colours is applied to every single slot he has.

That being said, glow&watch is really cool, and I think he still has potential for some great textures.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
There are a lack of guides, and there isn't much you can do him... Any complex texture that uses some crazy pattern or a bunch of colours is applied to every single slot he has.

That being said, glow&watch is really cool, and I think he still has potential for some great textures.
oh alrighty then. le thanks le answer.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
then why is he the one character i never see people make texture hacks for?
Because there's not a lot of creativity that you can use with him, since he only has 2 colors.

Well, 4 if you want to color his items and his body separately.

But really, there's just nowhere to go with him. Most people don't like replacing the default costume, and his team colors are pretty good (although his Melee team colors have been made a bunch of times), so that leaves only 2 slots open for custom color schemes.

TreK

Is "that guy"
So after talking to some Melee guys, the method I've been using to do pivots all along doesn't seem to be in Melee.
I wanted to know, is this method known already, or is this new PM technology ?

The way I do it is, I dash in one direction, then I very slightly tilt the control stick in the opposite direction when I want to pivot. It cancels the dashing animation with the standing turnaround animation, so there is no one frame window to be worried about. And, just like the true pivot, you can do it at any point of your dash, and use any move you desire. You can even cancel your dash into a walk which I don't think was possible with the pivot I was told about. Provided you know how to do light inputs, it's very easy to do.

D

Deleted member

why does my trollbaiting never work
trolling is based on inspiring an emotional response while you yourself do not have any emotional investment into the conversation. just be really condescending and dismissive and it should come naturally.

you're a senator on smashboards where no one cares about the rules, you should understand what dismissive behavior looks like.

****ing censor dodging, for example.

this post is so meta.

Last edited by a moderator:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
PROBLEM FOUND with removing the digital input from my L button. I can't ragequit anymore. LRAStart doesn't work, no L. looool

Still worth it tho

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
So after talking to some Melee guys, the method I've been using to do pivots all along doesn't seem to be in Melee.

The way I do it is, I dash in one direction, then I very slightly tilt the control stick in the opposite direction when I want to pivot. It cancels the dashing animation with the standing turnaround animation, so there is no one frame window to be worried about. And, just like the true pivot, you can do it at any point of your dash, and use any move you desire. You can even cancel your dash into a walk which I don't think was possible with the pivot I was told about. Provided you know how to do light inputs, it's very easy to do.
You can still do this in Melee, but I think it's a bit more difficult due to something about how the game reads the minimum tilt input (I could be wrong, though).
I've recently been working on the method you've described, although I can't remember whether I was introduced to it through PM or Melee.
The other method that you're referring to is just taking any action (e.g. fsmash) during the one-frame turnaround, correct?

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Pretty sick turnout at our PM weeklies tonight. Really excited about doing these now.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to buy different colored buttons for Gamecube controllers, why doesn't anyone sell themmmmmmmmmmmm

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

I've been doing this for ages, are there still people who don't know about it? I've just taken to calling it tilt pivoting.
It's absolutely godlike for character with ling reach tilts and smashes, they can just dash away-> tilit pivot ftilt/dtilt etc, Like a better version of WD back->ftilt

@ P PsionicSabreur no tilt pivots cannot be done in melee only dash pivots/flicker pivots with the one frame window

Last edited:

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
@ P PsionicSabreur no tilt pivots cannot be done in melee only dash pivots/flicker pivots with the one frame window
You can definitely cancel an initial dash with a standing turnaround in Melee. I tend to do it on accident occasionally when I decide to stop a dashdance and am slow to stop the input, and I can reproduce it given a few tries. Would this just be an instance of letting the control stick go to neutral on the turnaround frame, then?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Those N64 controllers are cool and all, but I still think that they are the worst controllers ever designed on the face of this earth.

Top Bottom