• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

B.W.

Smash Champion
Megan Fox being in the new TMNT movie is old news though...

I mean I hate that she's in it but still come on guys.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I wanna eat an orange.... but I don't like getting my hand's all sticky.....
Life changing decision right here.....

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yeah send me one of those, or answer my previous question, or answer: I heard Puff's bair (and possibly other aerials?) alter her ability to drift making it faster or something, is that true and does it apply to other characters as well? Does it apply to Brawl/PM?
Yeah it works in brawl/pm. Kirby is a good example, he has **** tier air speed/drift abilities as he slows down immediately after the jump, but doing an aerial right after you jump prevents the acceleration from happening and allows better drift control

the best example would be to just watch hbox recover, he always DJ>fairs and drifts around off stage waiting for a good opportunity to get back, as doing the fair allows better air control and yeah. Another good example is a good Kirby RAR (god i hate that) bair, he maintains a lot of speed that you wouldn't have if you just jumped instead of doing an aerial.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve Is there a thread or anything for it? It only applies to aerials after a jump (including grounded SH and FH jumps?), and that applies to people with DJs or only on the multi-jump characters? Does MK in PM have benefits like that? What about Wario or anyone else? So if Puff just uses Fair without any DJs it's not messing with the drift at all?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I've only played around with it with jiggs in melee and a bit of Kirby in pm. Someone took my sensor bar at our last weekly so I've been PM-less for almost a whole week now. it sucks, and I'm too lazy to go buy a lighter and use that instead of the bar. I'd assume it works with pit/mk/charizard and I'm pretty sure it has some affect on jumps in general (I always feel I go further with a shorthop nair than i do with an empty shorthop). I'm sure some smash wizards could clear it up a bit more though.

Edit: listen to toaster over anything I said

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I've only played around with it with jiggs in melee and a bit of Kirby in pm. Someone took my sensor bar at our last weekly so I've been PM-less for almost a whole week now. it sucks, and I'm too lazy to go buy a lighter and use that instead of the bar. I'd assume it works with pit/mk/charizard and I'm pretty sure it has some affect on jumps in general (I always feel I go further with a shorthop nair than i do with an empty shorthop). I'm sure some smash wizards could clear it up a bit more though.

Edit: listen to toaster over anything I said
Ah!

Dude, LEDs are -magical-, if you have a LED flashlight app on a phone or something, the wiimote will sense it and you can use it without the Bar.

I lost my sensor bar for a bit and figured this out :)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
What on earth are you guys talking about
are you telling me the sensor bar doesn't actually sense
but
but
you point the wiimote at the bar
the bar is surely what's picking up the signal... right?
what else have I been lied to about

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
We usually use lighters since nobody brings the bars to tournaments. It works wonder.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Awake at 4AM because I'm working on a presentation for later today...why do I do this to myself

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
All the sensor bar does is emit infrared light, and the wiimote is a camera that picks it up. Fire also emits infrared light, therefore a candle or lighter works fine. Did people not know this?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah what do you need a Wiimote for? Just BootMii that shiz

Wait can a Classic Controller move the cursor around with the joystick? Cuz I know you could move the cursor around if you had your Wiimote plugged into a Guitar Hero / Rock Band controller, if you used the joystick on that thing.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah what do you need a Wiimote for? Just BootMii that shiz

Wait can a Classic Controller move the cursor around with the joystick? Cuz I know you could move the cursor around if you had your Wiimote plugged into a Guitar Hero / Rock Band controller, if you used the joystick on that thing.
yes it can

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If only the GCC could do that. I cannot count how many times I have gone somewhere with my Wii and PM only to realize I had forgotten to bring the damn wiimote.

RecycledKaos

Smash Rookie
So, some months ago at Ohayocon in Columbus some other smasher and I held a melee console down for probably two hours in doubles. He complemented my Jigglypuff. I know he said that he went to school there and went to smashboards. Any idea who that might've been?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I like any grape as long as it isn't a mushy one.

Top Bottom