• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
And D3 being top of mid tier.
this one is actually right doe

DDD puts up results like a CHAMP in multiple regions and people like to lump him with actually bad characters
then you have characters doing nothing and people act like they are the second coming

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Windows 8 is trash. Major issues STILL haven't been after months of being out.
Glad I kept 7.

Can someone teach me how to trash-talk? I'm too kind to my opponents and wanna know what it feels like. :[
Consider your opponent as less than human, and an acceptable target.
Not too difficult when you remember a lot of people nowadays are garbage in multiple ways, and willfully so
fairly often.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I hope my sig doesn't break any laws.

Also Cactuar's Big Reveal (back on Monday) is totally just a harder version of my new P:M technique.
Cactuar revealed his flicker-pivot techs finally? I spent like 45 min with my melee friend on friday working on it. He does it vs DEHF Darrel at APEX to punish a Roll and win a game IIRC. Its a lot different than just being able to dash again durring a run, it allows for REALLY fast options right after a distance that is equvilant to a wd for most characters. For example flicker-pivot fsmash for marth is incredibly useful. We were working on flicker-pivot opposite side f-tilt to cover spacie side-b options and we landed it once, it felt so sick. Another good aplication (what cactuar uses the most) is flicker pivot after a max distance dash/foxtrot (right before it would start a run loop) into upsmash. Its 14 frames faster than a wd-upsmash and more flexible, albeit difficult. 20XX is coming and I'm very excited. I've been waiting for people to truly optimize pivots in their games for a while. So has @Nausicaa , I'm certain he bouncing off the walls right now.

I actually hit it very consistently and that's how I do most of my upsmash punished just by habit. I can't do it max distance consistently though.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What is this flicker pivot nonsense devil magic
Dash one way, flick the stick back and let go on the pivot frame at the distance you want(1 frame window), then you just had the option to cover any distance between starting point to max foxtrot distance with any option you could do out of a pivot (everything).

Its like a regular pivot but instead of inputing the attack on the pivot frame you reset the stick and just go to neutral standing position.

Edit: Its also called and empty pivot depending on what source you heard it from first. the most common Marth pivot video calls it flicker-pivots so thats kinda what just happens. Empty pivot is more accurate but flicker describes the motion better.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dash one way, flick the stick back and let go on the pivot frame at the distance you want(1 frame window), then you just had the option to cover any distance between starting point to max foxtrot distance with any option you could do out of a pivot (everything).

Its like a regular pivot but instead of inputing the attack on the pivot frame you reset the stick and just go to neutral standing position.

Edit: Its also called and empty pivot depending on what source you heard it from first. the most common Marth pivot video calls it flicker-pivots so thats kinda what just happens. Empty pivot is more accurate but flicker describes the motion better.
Er...I've been doing this since like 2005 as it was how I was taught to Pivot. Isn't that just pivoting?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Er...I've been doing this since like 2005 as it was how I was taught to Pivot. Isn't that just pivoting?
I was pretty much going off the terminology in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCCmymFpMU

I always was taught that a regular pivot-move involved using a move on the pivot frame instead of letting go of the stick. Yeah I agree that the "empty pivot" should just be called pivots and the other options be just pivot-move or shield pivot. I think its just a terminology difference and people are starting to use it for more applications.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I was pretty much going off the terminology in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCCmymFpMU

I always was taught that a regular pivot-move involved using a move on the pivot frame instead of letting go of the stick. Yeah I agree that the "empty pivot" should just be called pivots and the other options be just pivot-move or shield pivot. I think its just a terminology difference and people are starting to use it for more applications.
I like the choice of Hotline Miami music.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Only the true smashboards OGs know the best censor dodges.
Some of the old ones don't work anymore because of XenForo =( I don't censor dodge anymore though, no real point.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Wait that's how you do a pivot ?
I just do a tilt motion instead of a smash motion on the stick. Kinda like with platform dropping from a shield.

Lab time !

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Teneban, that only works in PM and maybe brawl idk
But the tilt input pivot doesn't work in melee, that's why they make such a big deal about pivots

Last edited:
Top Bottom