• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
how come i just realized that standard toaster has a k-on character as his avatar

i demand he be removed and replaced from the PMBR immediately
even miku looks at him with disgust

SunJester

Smash Ace
So I just looked through the players in the P:M tourney at Apex.

I am so hyped.

Also did anyone notice KoreanDJ entered P:M singles? I didn't even know he played Melee anymore let alone P:M. Thats p. cool

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also did anyone notice KoreanDJ entered P:M singles? I didn't even know he played Melee anymore let alone P:M. Thats p. cool
KDJ has been consistently playing Melee even to this day, but I can only imagine the kind of busy lifestyle he has. Still, he's one of the hardest working players to grace the game, and is a great mark for what an earnest and never-stop-expirmenting attitude can do for someone learning to play the game. It still astounds me to see how deep he'll go for edgeguards where a lot of other players would otherwise stay back.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Yeah, me and him play PM pretty often. He doesn't main anyone yet, but plans to use Mewtwo for APEX. As for Melee, he's still as good as ever, just has to take a bit of the rust off to catch up to people like M2K.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Korean DJ is probably one of the most interesting people I've heard of when it comes to smash brothers.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
There is so much Melee at agdq! It's like a 2 week smashfest with live speedruns and food.

Edit: also magfest was gahlike too, so many good performances.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There is so much Melee at agdq! It's like a 2 week smashfest with live speedruns and food.

Edit: also magfest was gahlike too, so many good performances.
No kidding man, magfest was totally worth skipping Apex for :D.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Pharmaceutical is spelled wrong in your title or w/e, Yaza

I just realized. The perfect character for P:MBR's first P:M original smash character is one nobody ever talks about- The BattleToads. I don't know the names of the characters (do they have any?) but it doesn't matter since they fight the same. This has to happen. So many people have nostalgia for that game. It would be a nice homage for the sequel that never happened. Fair bit of potential for their moveset, too.

Hell, they even have item throw and crate carrying/throw animations, a swimming animation, and a ledgehang animation, in addition to stuff like a jab combo animation, various other attacks like a super kick, headbutt, overhead double fist swing, an uppercut, staff swing, etc, during most of which their limbs iconically expand to comic proportions. They even ride stuff at times- recovery moves. Also a taunt- the jaw drop when they meet a boss.
Also, can stick tongue out to catch flies, for w/e that's worth
'scuse me though, I suppose this isn't the clone engine character discussion thread.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You get to see youtube stars or something? Anything crazy/cool happen like you got to punch one'em? What's Smoothmcgroove like?

He's pretty ****ing awesome :).

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
"Fault" is not the right word to use here, but Armada is fully responsible for his own decisions and priorities. It would have been great to see him, but it isn't the worst thing if he can't play.
Wouldn't it be EMP's fault? As far as I know, sponsors usually register their players.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
quick, somebody get armada on the phone
it's like 9 AM over there so it'll totally work
damn, pretty cool to think PM's first tournament with over 150 players might have over 400!
Also, who wants to donate gas money, registration money, food/housing money, and money money my why so I can go to Apex lol
please and thank you

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So Apex 2014 registration is closed and PM hit its cap of 384 entrants. Looking through the list, it is incredibly stacked. I wonder if there's any hidden bosses in there or players that play PM exclusively that are actually secretly amazing.

Also, Taj entered and it's the only singles event he entered. Hype. I hope he has been practicing!
OMG yes he better be practicing I wanna see Hover DBZ like combos.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It's just her forward tilt from Melee/Brawl, no big deal.

The only reason it looks different now is because of the slash effects that Smash four adds to everything.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If a forward strong is a ftilt, what the hell is a forward smash supposed to be? Forward super strong? Are they still gonna call it a smash? Does she have a forward weak? Does anybody?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If a forward strong is a ftilt, what the hell is a forward smash supposed to be? Forward super strong? Are they still gonna call it a smash? Does she have a forward weak? Does anybody?
Side attacks have been officially called "Strong Attacks" since the very beginning. It's just that no one else calls them that.

And Smash Attacks are just that, Smash Attacks.

Man, people really don't read manuals anymore.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Side attacks have been officially called "Strong Attacks" since the very beginning. It's just that no one else calls them that.

And Smash Attacks and just that, Smash Attacks.

Man, people really don't read manuals anymore.
I'm used to community terms at this point because they put more work into understanding the game and explaining it than Nintendo does.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yo there's other official terms like that but it's been so long I can remember them all, and even beyond that there's all the DEBUG MENU animation terms to know. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a Smash App/Quiz of that stuff.

Is there a scan out there of this as well as the official melee booklet from the game box? otherwise I got both and will try to scan'em if they're truely not out there. http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Official-Strategy-Further/dp/0744001234

Also does anyone know what episode this jigglypuff avatar I'm using is from, I want to know if it's saying jiggly or puff =(
I've also been saving obscure youtube videos I've come across to my "Brawl" playlist, I think I'm doing it right. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLovBMkMLex7y_zMW0WzrG_-zctGh2vlQ4

Top Bottom