• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
people who use gender identity as a fashion accessory piss me off

on an unrelated note, i leave for mexico tomorrow

im going to live Grey Belnades Grey Belnades 's nightmare of being surrounded by mexicans LMAO

imma hit up quiroga for some carnitas ya feels me
At least you don't look pinche huerro. Just don't act pinche gringo, hue.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
gender identity literally serves no purpose beyond being a fashion accessory
Excuse me, but I identify as a fashion accessory, and I find the derogatory way in which you are using "fashion accessory" highly offensive. I would please ask that you refrain in using "fashion accessory" in this context, and instead use different non offensive words to describe what you are trying to say. I would point out badge as a suitable alternative but this would offend one of my friends who identifies as a badge. Thanks in advance for your consideration

-Citizen of Tumblr

Bazkip

Smash Master
Excuse me, but I identify as a fashion accessory, and I find the derogatory way in which you are using "fashion accessory" highly offensive. I would please ask that you refrain in using "fashion accessory" in this context, and instead use different non offensive words to describe what you are trying to say. I would point out badge as a suitable alternative but this would offend one of my friends who identifies as a badge. Thanks in advance for your consideration

-Citizen of Tumblr
I was about to say "Stop ****posting Sax" but then I realized this wasn't @Saxophoneoftime

"Stop ****posting 420xXErikaXx420" just doesn't roll off the tongue

Bleck

Smash Master
Your face serves no purpose beyond a fashion accessory >: o
a damn good one, too

-Citizen of Tumblr
haha, I get it, the joke is that you're making fun of people going through identity crises

it sure is edgy and impressive of you to grab such low-hanging fruit from the comedy tree

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
a damn good one, too

haha, I get it, the joke is that you're making fun of people going through identity crises

it sure is edgy and impressive of you to grab such low-hanging fruit from the comedy tree
Excuse me, but I identify as a low-hanging fruit, and I find the derogatory way in which you are using "low-hanging fruit" highly offensive. I would please ask that you refrain in using "low-hanging fruit" in this context, and instead use different non offensive words to describe what you are trying to say. I would point out vegetable as a suitable alternative but this would offend one of my friends who identifies as a vegetable. Thanks in advance for your consideration

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
PMS truly is the dankest thread in all of SWF.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
...I guess I have some Steam items worth around $3.

^_^
You dare discard my gift of teaching you the 3 Sacred Oaths?

people who use gender identity as a fashion accessory piss me off

on an unrelated note, i leave for mexico tomorrow

im going to live Grey Belnades Grey Belnades 's nightmare of being surrounded by mexicans LMAO

imma hit up quiroga for some carnitas ya feels me
Jajaja pinche cabron.

Actually, my nightmare is being trapped on an island full of nerds, weebs, and really really unstrong people while knowing the saucy Irish redhead lass of my dreams, Becky Lynch, is getting married to the biggest weeb nerd who looks really REALLY unstrong and I can't be there to object. And Cena's not the champ. I shudder even thinking about it.

Bleck

Smash Master
I make an effort to make no effort ;P
YOU CAN'T JUST

Excuse me, but I identify as a low-hanging fruit, and I find the derogatory way in which you are using "low-hanging fruit" highly offensive. I would please ask that you refrain in using "low-hanging fruit" in this context, and instead use different non offensive words to describe what you are trying to say. I would point out vegetable as a suitable alternative but this would offend one of my friends who identifies as a vegetable. Thanks in advance for your consideration
okay I laughed

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
As someone who doesnt know trans people

They probably wanted to helicopter ****

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

-Citizen of Tumblr

okay I laughed
gdi Bleck, lol they're both lowbrow! HOW CAN YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE, MAN

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm planning on getting a ps4 for sf5 at some point. I currently use a Qanba Q1 stick on pc (assuming it's Xbox only as I didn't need drivers). Will I need to get a new stick for ps4 or is there some converter or board mod I can get?

Bleck

Smash Master
As someone who knows trans people

I don't get it
being transgender is a reaction to a broken social mechanic (gender) - the only reason transgender exists as a concept is as a way to control other people's perception of an unreasonable thing to perceive in the first place

the intent of social progress should be a post-gender society (i.e nobody is gendered), not the irrational expansion of the concept of gender (i.e your gender is what you want it to be), because in the latter, the concept of gender serves no purpose

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You know what? Let's go one better than just gender being moot like you detailed right there. How about people stop caring AT ALL what other people are, and start caring only about what they do? Would be real dandy, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
being transgender is a reaction to a broken social mechanic (gender) - the only reason transgender exists as a concept is as a way to control other people's perception of an unreasonable thing to perceive in the first place

the intent of social progress should be a post-gender society (i.e nobody is gendered), not the irrational expansion of the concept of gender (i.e your gender is what you want it to be), because in the latter, the concept of gender serves no purpose
Biologically, what's your opinion on gender? Do you think gender is only a social mechanic? It obviously plays a huge part in our language which could definitely do with some fixing now that we know the binary model of gender is outdated, but I thought that more recent studies were suggesting that there was a biological component component to gender; stating that the gender we identify as on the spectrum possibly being a result of the relationship between our brain's mapping system and how our body 'actually' is. I don't really see the expansion of the concept of gender being "your gender is what you want it to be", I think "your gender is what your brain thinks it is" is a lot more reasonable.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is, gender may be a lot more complicated than we currently think it is, so I'd love to hear your take on it.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice

Okay, good, I feel the same way

It's too bad that such radical shifts in perspective don't come naturally these days, things are just way too ingrained in so many societies for this idea to flourish much beyond the spaces that already realize this

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It's too bad that such radical shifts in perspective don't come naturally these days
They never came naturally in the first place...
-things are just way too ingrained in so many societies for this idea to flourish much beyond the spaces that already realize this
...And you aren't giving societies enough credit. They're learning more quickly than you might think, but yeah, continental drift still looks fast by comparison.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Let's convince pmdt to make wolf's finalsmash DIO's ultra where he does a ton of hits and drops the steamroller

Just imagine wolf doing some crazy hits then dropping the landmaster while howling

SunJester

Smash Ace
Gender is stupid and just serves to confuse and manipulate people.

There are "Biological" reasons for gender I think, but they're all socially constructed. Like men COULD be the gatherers, and women COULD be the hunters, it just happens men have a higher physicality than women so clearly at some point the women were left at home, where they developed a better sense of colour to become better gatherers.

The whole "looking like a female" and "looking like a male" are probably made to make mating easier. Its easier to pick up the woman you need to procreate if you don't have to see her naked.

But the thing is we should be in a post gendered world. There's absolutely no need for it right now, and its clearly just confusing and harmful to most people. I mean for the most part gender is literally how you dress, which is insane. Clothes aren't operated by your chromosomes so why can't an XY wear a dress, and an XX not wear makeup? Maybe your chromosomes have a bit to do with how you act? Probably not, but lets be honest it doesn't really matter with the amount of socialization we do as a society.

Yes I'm male, but I think its counterproductive at this point to call it my gender. I undoubtedly have been influenced by social expectations of my sex, but at this point I can't really think gender's useless and have one of my own.

This is more or less the way I think about sexuality. The fact that society places the expectation to "define" a sexuality is insane to me. Just date n' **** who you want to **** n' date.

TL;DR Labels bad.

Freedom of expression good.

Also, good **** Ripple, you've been putting in a huge amount of work for this information. Even if I'm too amateur at this game to really do anything with it, I still like to see it and try to work the information into my play.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
donations of any size are kindly accepted by any and all who feel as though I've done something to help them with the game or provided some form of valuable knowledge with my threads. This is essentially my form of streaming.

/shilling

ripplemelee884@gmail.com

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
You know what? Let's go one better than just gender being moot like you detailed right there. How about people stop caring AT ALL what other people are, and start caring only about what they do? Would be real dandy, wouldn't it?
[Insert some ramble about how Brianna Wu thinks the major reason Revolution 60 got low user ratings is that she's a woman and not that the game isn't even good]
Pardon me; it's old stuff but I was reminded.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My biceps still soar from playing Smash with people yesterday after I've near mastered incorporating the Westballz Double Shine WL (which I've been practicing all month). I wonder if there's a nuance to it that he or Mango does to reduce strain.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
My biceps still soar from playing Smash with people after I've near mastered incorporating the Westballz Double Shine WL (which I've been practicing all month). I wonder if there's a nuance to it that he or Mango does to reduce strain.
what is your method? Are you using X, sliding across A? I find that one actually extra straining since it encourages you to move quickly both ways. The jumps after the first and second shine don't have a strict timing, meaning you can delay them slightly, the only thing that needs to be timed is the shine after the first jump and the waveland after the second jump. So to do the double shine waveland I just use Y, I take an extra frame or 2 to Y after the first shine and position my thumb/wrist properly so my hands aren't strained on the return path, where you have to press B again quickly (but not too quickly); then the waveland uses a different button so that's not really too straining.

also Bleck Bleck did you ever get your dolphin netplay working?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
what is your method? Are you using X, sliding across A? I find that one actually extra straining since it encourages you to move quickly both ways. The jumps after the first and second shine don't have a strict timing, meaning you can delay them slightly, the only thing that needs to be timed is the shine after the first jump and the waveland after the second jump. So to do the double shine waveland I just use Y, I take an extra frame or 2 to Y after the first shine and position my thumb/wrist properly so my hands aren't strained on the return path, where you have to press B again quickly (but not too quickly); then the waveland uses a different button so that's not really too straining.

also Bleck Bleck did you ever get your dolphin netplay working?
How consistent can you get it? (frame perfect= no falco noise from air dodge, http://gfycat.com/WideAridEyra )

I use X because Westballz does. Y is less straining, and it's what I use to use for Multi-shines: but it's not as consistent it seems especially if I'm trying to maximize strain reduction with my thumb groove motion so far. I don't know why Westballz uses X in the first place for it, but "Squid" (http://gfycat.com/ColorlessMajorAntarcticfurseal ) also uses the X method ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM_SnqTWHsI ): I'm just not sure what Mango uses. Mango also more recently it seems has incorporated opting for Jump Shine WL instead of Waveshining when he gets the opportunity sometimes (https://youtu.be/6Rg12VbHl_o?t=17 ) since it skips jumpsquat after the hit rather than before (though this example it was more-so because Fox was airborne, but I've seen him opt for it other times).

I wish I had it down at the time to get some critique from him other than just signing my toothpaste

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
All this talk of gender has made me realize that having a PMS meetup wouldn't be as fun as I thought. Hell, I hate to say but I think any Genesis 3 meetups should just be narrowed down to those who met up at Paragon.

I actually had fun talking trash with @Meiling and I wouldn't have to worry about any gender/political/social issue of the month discussion.

Player -0

Smash Hero
You know if a meetup happened all that would happen would be platonic cuddling.

or ice cream.

or awkward standing around.

I vote for ice cream though.

Edit - You weren't serious right </3?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm still debating on If im going to Genesis from this seasonal work I have going on right now. Lack of PM is ughh but all those Japanese players for smash 4 coming is pretty hype.

Top Bottom