• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
everyone vote for who yall think is gonna win, Me or omgrey: ;^)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Warioman being more powerful than Giga Bowser doesn't make any sense. I demand Giga buffs.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
More important. I tried to find somebody who watched Eva. Everyone here just likes SAO.

What kind of ****ed up place is this.
if they don't like eva they're not worth being friends with

ALSO, SINCE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT EVA I GET TO TALK ABOUT THE FIRST TIME I SAW EVA

it was the day after finals at college and I was going home the next day and I had nothing really to do so I got catastrophically high and watched this weird anime called "evangelion" that I downloaded a few weeks before after seeing a picture of yung lean with a life-size rei model and saying "hmm that seems culturally important and has good reviews, I'll watch it"

so here I am, sitting in my room while my roommate and his friends are playing beer pong and being extremely loud. they might as well not be there, I'm high to the point where I'm getting tunnel vision and my neck/head are turning all numb and prickly and I feel like I can't move my face.
so I'm like, let's watch this evangelion thing

I start the first episode and set that **** to fullscreen (looking back this probably messed up the aspect ratio and stretched 4:3 to 16:9 but it didn't matter at that point)

and the intro starts, there's that white light that expands into a ring and the music starts playing and she starts singing and my jaw drops and I probably start to drool

and then I see the part of the intro where misato first appears and and tosses her head back while the late afternoon sun floats around her

and I said to myself, "that bit of animation is the best thing I have seen so far in my life. the perfect anime that I had created in my brain, all these loose inklings of ideas, this single 3 second clip of this girl is what i've wanted"

then the quick jumpcuts happen

I'm so happy and overwhelmed by the shot selection that I can only start to moan, bring my hands up to my mouth and cower in awe

then there's the bit at the end of the jumpcuts, the last jumpcut, where misato raises her head and looks up towards the horizon. at that point, after being so incredibly high and filled with a wordless sense of awe and amazement, my brain just starts convulsing into these fits of wonder, similar to an orgasm

by the time shinji smiles at the end of the intro I realize I'm crying

I just kinda watched the first three episodes astonished and dumbfounded and marathoned the rest of the first season the next night, and the second season the day after that. I just kinda had my world blown up by episodes 25 and 26 and stayed in a reverie that night. the next night I watched end of evangelion and felt the same kind of awe, even though I was sober for it. I cried multiple times during end of eva, there were points where I was so scared of the movie just because of how good it was

tl;dr: got really high, saw eva for the first time, cried because of the intro, eva ****ed me once, eva ****ed me twice, eva ****ed me twice, so it changed my life

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
what? sao is ****, where are you at?
Dude it is like everyone. And they play ****ty mobas and won't download fightcade so we can lan.
if they don't like eva they're not worth being friends with

ALSO, SINCE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT EVA I GET TO TALK ABOUT THE FIRST TIME I SAW EVA

it was the day after finals at college and I was going home the next day and I had nothing really to do so I got catastrophically high and watched this weird anime called "evangelion" that I downloaded a few weeks before after seeing a picture of yung lean with a life-size rei model and saying "hmm that seems culturally important and has good reviews, I'll watch it"

so here I am, sitting in my room while my roommate and his friends are playing beer pong and being extremely loud. they might as well not be there, I'm high to the point where I'm getting tunnel vision and my neck/head are turning all numb and prickly and I feel like I can't move my face.
so I'm like, let's watch this evangelion thing

I start the first episode and set that **** to fullscreen (looking back this probably messed up the aspect ratio and stretched 4:3 to 16:9 but it didn't matter at that point)

and the intro starts, there's that white light that expands into a ring and the music starts playing and she starts singing and my jaw drops and I probably start to drool

and then I see the part of the intro where misato first appears and and tosses her head back while the late afternoon sun floats around her

and I said to myself, "that bit of animation is the best thing I have seen so far in my life. the perfect anime that I had created in my brain, all these loose inklings of ideas, this single 3 second clip of this girl is what i've wanted"

then the quick jumpcuts happen

I'm so happy and overwhelmed by the shot selection that I can only start to moan, bring my hands up to my mouth and cower in awe

then there's the bit at the end of the jumpcuts, the last jumpcut, where misato raises her head and looks up towards the horizon. at that point, after being so incredibly high and filled with a wordless sense of awe and amazement, my brain just starts convulsing into these fits of wonder, similar to an orgasm

by the time shinji smiles at the end of the intro I realize I'm crying

I just kinda watched the first three episodes astonished and dumbfounded and marathoned the rest of the first season the next night, and the second season the day after that. I just kinda had my world blown up by episodes 25 and 26 and stayed in a reverie that night. the next night I watched end of evangelion and felt the same kind of awe, even though I was sober for it. I cried multiple times during end of eva, there were points where I was so scared of the movie just because of how good it was

tl;dr: got really high, saw eva for the first time, cried because of the intro, eva ****ed me once, eva ****ed me twice, eva ****ed me twice, so it changed my life
So if I'm not high I'm doing it wrong?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
SAO season two is an improvement. Not saying a lot, but it is.

EVA is just a harem anime with giant robots, monsters and mumbo-jumbo philosophical ****ery using Christian symbols. I don't know why they keep remaking it when they never actually fix anything wrong with it.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I never watched EVA but it's music is great at least.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
SAO season two is an improvement. Not saying a lot, but it is.

EVA is just a harem anime with giant robots, monsters and mumbo-jumbo philosophical ****ery using Christian symbols. I don't know why they keep remaking it when they never actually fix anything wrong with it.
It seems like a coming of age story to me. Shinji doesn't really seem to have any romantic feelings for anyone. And fanservice is pretty minimal.

But I'm just on episode 7.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It seems like a coming of age story to me. Shinji doesn't really seem to have any romantic feelings for anyone. And fanservice is pretty minimal.

But I'm just on episode 7.
I mean eva is kind of a coming of age story

like it's a coming of age story combined with an insight into a child growing up with depression/ptsd and learning how to live

it's also deals with what it means to be human and what it is to live with depression

and that's just shinji

asuka is also an example of someone living with depression and ptsd, but rather than living in seclusion like shinji, living with a fake ego and a self-made superiority complex

plus eva also deconstructs lots of mecha tropes as well as subverts/deconstructs tropes like fanservice and sexism in anime of the time

I mean I liked eva a lot because I felt shinji and asuka both represented different parts of me better than any other television/movie/anime characters I had seen. I read later that they were both meant to describe different parts of anno when he was suffering from depression so I guess that's why they're so accurate

edit: there are like four or five works of media/literature that I will defend to the day I die
1. the nausicaa manga
2. red mars
3. crime and punishment
4. eva
5. native son

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
It's got a weak anime boy
it's got a strong anime boy who faces his fears even though he's scared ****less all the time

also I wouldn't necessarily call shinji gay, I think confused is the more accurate term

he gets the most action with guys tho if you don't count falling onto naked rei
and kissing asuka
and sleeping with askua

well, he kissed kaworu once

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
How do you guys have time for Anime, ****
Not having a job and being a broke *** college student helps.
idk I only really watch like one anime per month unless it's summer
during school I go to class/work/do homework/study for like 10-12 hours and I spend the rest either watching anime or playing video games or partying on the weekends so I don't really spend that much time watching anime aside from occasional binges when I don't have class the next day

during summer I just work for 8 hours a day after which I can kinda do whatever which usually involves both playing smash and watching anime during the 4 or 5 hours I have free every night (also since all of my friends from school live at least a state or more away during the summer I don't really have much of a social life aside from messaging, the only time I actually get out is when I go play smash)

and I just ****post on smashboards and other social media throughout that

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
That makes no sense whatsoever. Seeing those words paired in the same sentence is hurting my head, eyes, and very soul.
how about the same stuff paired in a video
I S T H I S S T R O N G E N O U G H

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades I have a feeling you would really like Fate/zero.
:^)

Watch real anime.
I'm too lazy to actually make one of these for legend of the galactic heroes but
what I watched: lotgh
what I expected: lord of the rings in space, napoleon in space
what I got: machiavelli, Thoughts on Government, Prussian patriarchy, super-PACs, Franz Schubert, synergistic management strategies... IN SPACE

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
they're gonna be hurting more when you get 5-0'd by meiling
You and Meiling can dream about it and write it in your diaries all you want but it ain't gonna happen. It's like I'm Triple H and he's Booker T which means I'm going over.

how about the same stuff paired in a video
I S T H I S S T R O N G E N O U G H
What kind of monster would ruin that display of motivation, finesse, and strength with dumb anime music? Is nothing sacred?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
it's got a strong anime boy who faces his fears even though he's scared ****less all the time

also I wouldn't necessarily call shinji gay, I think confused is the more accurate term

he gets the most action with guys tho if you don't count falling onto naked rei
and kissing asuka
and sleeping with askua

well, he kissed kaworu once
Dude falling onto rei was the most tropiest trope ever it was so bad I've watched so few animes and seen it in at least 70% of them it really pisses me off.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Dude falling onto rei was the most tropiest trope ever it was so bad I've watched so few animes and seen it in at least 70% of them it really pisses me off.
exactly
so much of the first season is painful tropes but then anno kinda turns it all around and is like

YOU GUYS ARE REALLY ****ED UP STOP GETTING OFF TO 14 YEAR OLDS JESUS CHRIST

Top Bottom