• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
In Greek mythology, Talos was a giant man of bronze who protected Europa in Crete from pirates and invaders by circling the island's shores three times daily while guarding it.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Who was the girl who was on that tournament stream to promote her art and ppu and chat spaghetti'd. I really liked her posters and my room is really bland and I want to show how asparagus I am about smashbros.

Ep. 8 of Eva is kinda making me feel like Shovel Knight Avatar Guy was right about Eva being a Harem. Maybe I'll get to the part where they run out of money soon? And it will get better again, please?

When in the first few episodes promised fanservice I thought it was a joke, and the whole preview sections were always misleading altogether, as if they were making fun of other animes with them. But now the fanservice is so pronounced, I guess not.
the first season is all about ironic tropy anime stuff and fleshing out the character's personalities while leaving them conspicuously without much in the way of backstories
also wtf did you miss the whole bit about rei suddenly finding a meaning for life shame on you
wait till the second season fam that's when the plot actually starts to happen

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Last night I tag matched heysuess for someone else's tag and lost, without consent.

Am I a bad person?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
the first season is all about ironic tropy anime stuff and fleshing out the character's personalities while leaving them conspicuously without much in the way of backstories
also wtf did you miss the whole bit about rei suddenly finding a meaning for life shame on you
wait till the second season fam that's when the plot actually starts to happen
Friendship? That was ok I guess.

IT EXPANDED HOW EMBARRASSING
I don't think this is deconstructing tropes. This is just tropes.

Also is the German girl a prodigy or is she just actually old enough to be out of college.

If it is the former that is some pheonix wright ****.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Every time I lose with Talos, he yells "Take me John Cenaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
I think he says "I did not see thaaaaat", which is still relevant to this topic.
(Don't hit me just yet, I know you were joking)

edit : Just fought a Dauntless called Strongman.
@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades , is that you?

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord

Also is the German girl a prodigy or is she just actually old enough to be out of college.

She's a prodigy.

Wait until the thermal expansion lesson Kreygasm

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

lol just wait

all of the early episodes will make a bit more sense once you finish the entire thing

also yeah I know I thought it was tropey too, hang with it

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I learned I'm not even cute today. :(

I don't want to go to the dance with some assigned senior who thinks I'm the same as a senior seen as obnoxious and offensive (2.0 means improved at least, right?).

I'm just way too intense. But I don't know what else to do.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I learned I'm not even cute today. :(

I don't want to go to the dance with some assigned senior who thinks I'm the same as a senior seen as obnoxious and offensive (2.0 means improved at least, right?).

I'm just way too intense. But I don't know what else to do.
Is this a mandatory school dance or something?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think it would be worse if I just refused to go. I don't even know who got assigned me. This whole school is a turnoff. Strict PDA rules push people to the edge.

I don't want my first time to be in a former crackhouse

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
It better include a wrasstlin' podcast.
Of course. How else am I going to hear about those women in their sexual prime if I don't listen to good old Stone Cold?

you should listen to metal albums about being strong instead
Excellent idea. Now I just gotta know where to start.

I think he says "I did not see thaaaaat", which is still relevant to this topic.
(Don't hit me just yet, I know you were joking)

edit : Just fought a Dauntless called Strongman.
@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades , is that you?
I'm certainly not using fall semester as a cover for me spending hours on RT under the handle of Strongman....

D

Deleted member

So I'm learning about C# tomorrow for game programming, is there anything I should prepare for or expect?

(career hyyype)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So I'm learning about C# tomorrow for game programming, is there anything I should prepare for or expect?

(career hyyype)
If you keep up with the instructor, you should understand the concept easily. I enjoyed writing code for classes.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Of course. How else am I going to hear about those women in their sexual prime if I don't listen to good old Stone Cold?

Excellent idea. Now I just gotta know where to start.

I'm certainly not using fall semester as a cover for me spending hours on RT under the handle of Strongman....

(career hyyype)
it's like C, but every note is raised half a step.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
just go with it and grind with someone
That's what everyone did last time and from the outside looking in it just seemed lame and like I'd feel stupid/bad about it later.

I suck at parties. I'll just do it.

It is probably more that parties suck without alcohol.

Then again I'm overly intense in every other social interaction so I should just switch my attitudes.
edit: guys what is my add value if I'm not completely savage but also can't have meaningful conversations over 5 min without running out of material. My current strategy is retreat.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
After grinding for awhile, I'm just going to say, "It expanded; how embarrassing."

I can only be intense about Falco, Tink-er. Are you trying to get me to kill these people? Falco is the reason the people on 4th floor hate me.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'll vote for Ben Carson. He will make Furries real.

Dude if Falcao was my senior that would be legit. He's such a tsundere.

"F-falco senpai! Pick me for the dance!"

But alas, I'd probably get stuck with Leon.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Only 2 days in but this schedule I have this semester is fantastic, I should plan stuff like this all the time

Basically only have classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday, although my japanese class is a night class on Monday/Wednesday. Tuesday I have no classes and Thursday I have a 1 hour course, I have so much free time its redic

And with no classes at 8am im basically never tired for them THANK GOD BECAUSE I WAS LOSING ALL HOPE LAST SEMESTER

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
lizalfos stop worrying about dances and just go for free food
i went for free food and made out- with free food
free food brings everyone together
take free food to the dance

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
That's what everyone did last time and from the outside looking in it just seemed lame and like I'd feel stupid/bad about it later.

I suck at parties. I'll just do it.

It is probably more that parties suck without alcohol.

Then again I'm overly intense in every other social interaction so I should just switch my attitudes.
edit: guys what is my add value if I'm not completely savage but also can't have meaningful conversations over 5 min without running out of material. My current strategy is retreat.
man how do you not like eva you're shinji

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Waking up early is a good thing for my productivity, so I'm glad my schedule is balanced with some 8AMs, but I'm glad you got your preference. I only have 2 classes and a lab on monday with all my free time in 2 big blocks and it is great.

How many years of Japanese do you have? I'm technically on my 4th year of Spanish, but it is more like 6 with only achieving the 4th level because my Middle school taught Spanish 1+2 over 3 years but only gave credit for 1, even though my teachers were phenomenally better than my highschool ones.

Today was my 1st real day of spanish class as the last time we met was just syllabus and homework assignment. Of course I remember to unpack my Chem book but not pick up my Spanish book with my Homework inside. Luckily no grade, just questions, unluckily I totally choke when attempting to answer questions. She walks over to where I'm sitting and of course the one thing I doodled yesterday was a female figure at 3/4, so you see boobies. And of course this teacher says out loud that their is a drawing of a naked girl in my notebook. I close it, but the woman tries opening it to look closer. I took it off my desk.
There wasn't even any detail! did she have nipples? a vagina? a face??? I HADN'T EVEN DRAWN ARMS CLEARLY IT WAS INCOMPLETE.
lizalfos stop worrying about dances and just go for free food
i went for free food and made out- with free food
free food brings everyone together
take free food to the dance
I think a Senior actually said that, huh.

I really need bowls I'm just eating tubs of yogurt in one sitting.
EDIT: Finally Eva is back to some scifi stuff. These Magi computers basically replacing government, and a character praises how they are ruled by science and reason, then the power goes out in the episode, and the computers always give these really low, below 10%, odds but they aren't ever indicative of success. Supercomputers making decisions is a little silly when you consider that people organized to complete a goal are like a machine. And no one could say for sure that a machine is completely objective, the fact that the 3 computers can have different answers show that they might have different thinking styles or "personalities". Questioning the Angel's motives, the idea that they are like another tower of babel, there to stop human progress.

Also they have been hinting that the evas are built over some monsters, and they have to bond with children (does this have to do with imprinting? Maybe these monsters only trust kids because they are more pure?)

Also for some reason the 2nd Child has the latest robot, even though that suggests that they would have discovered her 2nd and created a robot for her second. And Shinji's dad knows whatever it is that he did to all the kids who have no past and he also should have know that his son was one of these children 1st, but he is the 3rd child?

My guess since episode 1 is that evas are just tamed Angels, but that makes no sense as they are constantly trying to learn more and have living Angel specimens.

Then there is still this secret project with an embryo that looks like an angel embryo. And they find that in a volcano but eventho he's already seen it Shinji's dad gives the OK, and of course the mission fails.

And NERV sabotaged the private company and probably itself, as Shinji's dad just plays it cool and the power just comes on by itself and nobody else is a possible candidate for saboteur, and it led to the head scientist scrambling up the Magi who are in charge of GOVERNING EVERYTHING, meaning that Shinji's dad prolly did some tampering or needs to cover his tracks for this secret project he is working on.

AND REI ISN'T TREATED SPECIAL BUT SHE IS TOTALLY TREATED WITH AT LEAST MORE ATTENTION/IMPORTANCE.

So yeah this show is good when it is good, and I hope the harem is over.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

who 2hu music here?

ALiCE'S EMOTiONS top 3 albums are Scarlet Eyes, Trois Rouge, and Deeper underground, everyone who says otherwise is a liar

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I used to not mind waking up at 8am for school but since my last two years of highschool Ive slowly been starting to hate them. What was particularily annoying about that physics class was the fact it was every day, and since it was physics it required constant focus to understand what the professor said. Near the end of the semester I was getting so exhausted from it that I basically did nothing else that day

This is my first japanese course, outside of basic words used in anime I don't know much. Couldve continued german from my two years of that in high school, but I only took the class to keep my counselors off my case so I didn't really try to remember anything

About the dance, I hate to be that guy, but just do it, leave whatever preconceptions you have it at the door. That is, if you want to go to it

Top Bottom