• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SunJester

Smash Ace
Clone engine makes P:M > any other Smash. Sorry Melee, 64, and Brawl and WiiU.

And it -still- ain't even done yet.

let's add dan
BOO THIS DAN

the PM dev team should just post in huge red letters on their site, 'NO WE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, STUPID AND OVERALL ****TY CHARACTER REQUESTS"
I really wish people would realize they can't add any character that's not already represented in the game due to legal issues.

And even if Naruto or Goku was in the game, it would be mind blowingly stupid to add them in.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
the PM dev team should just post in huge red letters on their site, 'NO WE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, STUPID AND OVERALL ****TY CHARACTER REQUESTS"
I'm not Roy, I'm my own original character, Bloy.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
New character announced this morning, Roy out in the open. This scene will fear me. It has seen my true face. The scenes are extended match up lists and the lists are full of top tiers and when the next release comes, the vermin will burn. The accumulated filth of all their chain grabs and crouch cancels will not be enough and all of the tier *****s and counter-pickers will look up in the bracket and shout "Have mercy!"

...and I'll whisper, "No."
For insurance: http://smashboards.com/threads/top-players-by-character-redux.340128/

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm so happy now that P:M can really reach to be the smash everyone wanted, so much for adjusting to whatever nintendo is doing (I myself have no hope left for SM4). As much as I'm hype for Roy I'm super hyped for the clone engine and how it works and what's next

If you ask me characters that have their own multiplayer fighting game shouldn't be included.

People asking for naruto (or any anime related adaptation) are really killing all the hype.

Yo, but you KNOW Ryu would be hype as ****. Can you imagine!?
Upb shoryuken
Down b (chargeable) TAJBACHDUKICK
ForwardB: Moving tachbajdukick
B: Hadoken!
Fsmash: JAACKOFFF!!!!! (the wallbounce kick)
Ftilt: knuckle bunch
Dsmash: Two sided sweep
Usmash: Uppercut

Don't even PLAY son!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Clone engine makes P:M > any other Smash. Sorry Melee, 64, and Brawl and WiiU.
I really wish people would realize they can't add any character that's not already represented in the game due to legal issues.

And even if Naruto or Goku was in the game, it would be mind blowingly stupid to add them in.
I don't support either of the choices of that nature, but I call complete bull**** on that solely because characters not represented in Smash in any way have already been made and added by other people and showcases in their full mods of the game (If you can even call them that) and not a single **** was given from Nintendo.

So why on Earth would it be any different from P:M when it isn't anywhere else or even for the individuals who created said mods? It never happens when the same thing is done and modded into other games either. What, you think the publicity alone is reason enough to be fearful?

Unless I'm missing something, I honestly think you're being way too paranoid about this.

Kati

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo did try to shut down ssbm at evo, so the potential crucial difference between someone posting a match with Goku fighting buu in a Mario64 stage and P:M featuring Megaman would be the live stream coverage. I really don't have an opinion or clue as to whether or not different ip's would present an issue.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo did try to shut down ssbm at evo, so the potential crucial difference between someone posting a match with Goku fighting buu in a Mario64 stage and P:M featuring Megaman would be the live stream coverage. I really don't have an opinion or clue as to whether or not different ip's would present an issue.

Mass event video streaming and new content based off of IPs are really different things. The Evo cancellation might have been a mixup tbh, but we'll never really know.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
I don't support either of the choices of that nature, but I call complete bull**** on that solely because characters not represented in Smash in any way have already been made and added by other people and showcases in their full mods of the game (If you can even call them that) and not a single **** was given from Nintendo.

So why on Earth would it be any different from P:M when it isn't anywhere else or even for the individuals who created said mods? It never happens when the same thing is done and modded into other games either. What, you think the publicity alone is reason enough to be fearful?

Unless I'm missing something, I honestly think you're being way too paranoid about this.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that with the amount of publicity that Project M gets, all caution should be taken when dealing with something that you don't own the copyrights to. Ballad of the Goddess was an example of treading softly. Hell, Project M got coverage on Shoryuken of all sites today. That garners even more attention to P:M and requires even more caution. I don't think the P:M community can afford to buy co-operation from Nintendo on a C&D if it happened.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that with the amount of publicity that Project M gets, all caution should be taken when dealing with something that you don't own the copyrights to. Ballad of the Goddess was an example of treading softly. Hell, Project M got coverage on Shoryuken of all sites today. That garners even more attention to P:M and requires even more caution. I don't think the P:M community can afford to buy co-operation from Nintendo on a C&D if it happened.
...Yeah, still not buying it.

I highly doubt publicity alone could get solely P:M in trouble while the entire other 80% of the hacking community doing this gets away scot-free. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make any logical sense in my mind.

This seems more like paranoia rather than taking precautions or playing it safe.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
...Yeah, still not buying it.

I highly doubt publicity alone could get solely P:M in trouble while the entire other 80% of the hacking community doing this gets away scot-free. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make any logical sense in my mind.

This seems more like paranoia rather than taking precautions or playing it safe.
It depends on the saturation of the publicity. I don't think any hacks from BrawlVault have made coverage on IGN frontpage or Shoryuken, which are the biggest gaming website and biggest fighting game website, respectively. Maybe I'm arguing futilely to support my own paranoia, because P:M is my favorite iteration of Smash and I don't want it to go anywhere. Also, healthy paranoia can keep you out of the ****. Better to be safe than sorry.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It depends on the saturation of the publicity. I don't think any hacks from BrawlVault have made coverage on IGN frontpage or Shoryuken, which are the biggest gaming website and biggest fighting game website, respectively. Maybe I'm arguing futilely to support my own paranoia, because P:M is my favorite iteration of Smash and I don't want it to go anywhere. Also, healthy paranoia can keep you out of the ****. Better to be safe than sorry.
>Healthy
>Paranoia

Pick one. ¦D

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Because MewTwo's release is all but a sure thing, PMBR, can you still make sure to make him a grabby, tech-chase based character with the tools to more easily out position his opponents than most characters. So something closer to melee nair than SDR nair. Please and thank you. Also grounded teleport ending needs less endlag, it's silly that you never have a reason to touch down directly with it unless you are in really dire straits. I really hope he gets treated like Roy, having his uniquely useful strengths preserved and subtly buffed, less useful stuff touched up and tweaked, and terribad stuff hugely buffed or almost completely reimagined.

Side-b as a longer ranged command grab with actual advantage on hit would be neat
Down-b being faster and hitting through shields, maybe stunning people out of the air (rather than simple tumble which is interruptable by everything minus air dodge) and hitting opponents facing away
Maybe replace some tail attacks with psychic attacks with the same purpose but better, like a knockdown ftilt slash that also hits higher for a decent anti-air
Any tail attacks that aren't replaced by cooler looking normals get knockbacks better for beating CCing and better for pokes and knockdowns, plus at least get some kind of nicer graphical/sound effect
dair just needs to straight up work like Ganon's, melee dair is so tough to land reliably it really needs some reward, even if electric hitlag gives it easier DI it'll be worth it to see it ****ing dunk peeps like dorf's stomp
Go crazy with usmash, maybe make it like an anti-air version of peach's dsmash grinder, that move looks way too cool to suck so much ass
jab, fsmash, and dsmash hitboxes last for only one frame I believe, bump that up some, then make them decent killers with hitboxes properly matching the explosion sizes (slightly bigger)
improved grab range and throws a la SDR, maybe fthrow shadowballs do even more damage

The things I'd never wanna see on mewtwo is like extra invincibility on teleport, like in SDR, he already escapes combos too easily, and it's not like everybody loves to watch unpunishable characters *coughjiggscough*, OR for him to become a character that relies on highly damaging moves and high knockback finishers to end opponents ridiculously early, excepting of course dair because that ****'s hella slow anyways

Sorry I'm just too hyped for mewtwo too care that these suggestions aren't going to be taken that seriously
and he hasn't even been confirmed yet lawdy pmbr end my misery

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
All characters are now complete + the physics engine has been 100% finalized and fixed? Also it's playable on a Wii U with Gamecube controllers, and it works on a Gamecube as well? And the online system has been remade to have no input lag or framerate lag, plus a custom-made ranking system and voice chat, and the replay glitches are fixed so there's no need for 2 different versions? And Mewtwo has been seamlessly added in from Melee but made better and PMified?

Edit: And the reason that they were able to make so much progress so fast is because the site was down so they weren't distracted?
Well... I was close.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I believe they took out Ballad of the Goddess its due to it being copyrighted. They can put in original content based on the games (i think) which is why we have a castlevania stage. Where as putting in something like Simon Belmont and Megaman is a whole other thing, since both characters are copyrighted.

P:M has managed to avoid the wrath of Nintendo but the last thing they want is to tread carefully around 30 other companies. I think being safe and sticking with content that's already in game would be for the best.

Plus while we're at it, having a C+D on a single character made on Brawl vault is a huge pain in the ass for that person that worked on it. Usually though the person releases it when its done, or close to being done so it can be mirrored across the internet if they so wish, and whoever C+D'd it cannot do a thing about it. P:M on the other hand is not finished, has a huge amount of people working on it, and a massive fanbase. There's much, much, much more to lose here then a simple hack on brawlvault.

Edit:

Regardless of all this talk, I'm super excited for the clone engine. Its 100% the most hype thing that the PMBR has done yet. I'd really love them to take on a whole new character not represented in the Smash series yet, just to see what they could do with it :)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Okay, what Im expecting of the character roster when pm is 100% complete: Full brawl cast, MEWTWO !!!:$):$28, and a slight chance of only one character tht has not appeared in smash, since the clone engine is good now... Hopefully

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just out of curiosity, PMBR. Does Roy take up that empty MiscData[41] in the common5.pac or did you guys just give him an entirely new .brres?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Can we get Alakadoof as a pokemon to come out of a pokeball?

Its attack can be it freezes the game.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
absolutely down for "project destroy all GTAV discs"

it's not even that GOOD it's still incredibly stubborn about being super serious while still trying to desperately be considered "cutting-edge satire", which someone should probably tell them you can't rly have both without actively compromising everything

play saint's row those games are actually fun

SpiderMad

Smash Master
San Andreas with flying car cheats all day. The stations in it and Vice City were too good to leave the car (Oh and the hilarious talk stations, there's so many hours of that stuff).

Top Bottom