• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
we need the JP VA for konata izumi to do every single voice and sound effect

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
SUPER HOT BATTLE

That actually sounds a lot like the 3.6 announcer. Except the way he tried to do it didn't really work well. Especially for the countdown beginning each game

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
SUPER HOT BATTLE

That actually sounds a lot like the 3.6 announcer. Except the way he tried to do it didn't really work well. Especially for the countdown beginning each game
The first thing I noticed was that he sounded like a super lame version of the PS announcer

I'm honestly kinda conflicted on this, because Ifeel like more people should know how the new announcer sounds just because it doesnt fit in at all atm, but not gonna be dat guy with the leaks :s

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
someone hook me up please i need to hear this

it's pretty bad

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Just finished part 6 of Jojo after putting it off a while.

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT

Time to start part 7 then.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
How to announce in Smash without being a professional actor:

1. Find anybody in the community who will work for free with a deep voice (like me) who has listened quite a bit to the funny pronunciations of Smash announcers in the past. Imitate that style in your own way.

2. Add a slight echo effect if necessary.

3. Profit.

A Smash announcer doesn't have to be good really, just over the top cheesy like he is imitating what he thinks a real announcer at a professional boxing match sounds like.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Actually from what I remember, the echo is applied to the dry files in the game by the game which is kinda crazy.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
aight going to my first decently sized pm tourney

I might be rusty I haven't played in a week lmao but we'll see what this weegee and I can do

the more important thing that I want to get out of this is time on commentary tbh

I'll post a stream link here later unless there isn't one functioning in which case lol

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
today our scene is having an arcadian but it sucks because the banlist is stupid

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
texas' ban list is becoming more and more dumb. when 3.6 drops they're banning Dreamland

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
texas' ban list is becoming more and more dumb. when 3.6 drops they're banning Dreamland
i meant the player banlist
unless you are joking in which case i cant tell on the internet, or IRL 90% of the time
im stupid

Journal

Smash Apprentice
I know there's no chance of this happening, but I think a PM character with the smash 4 sheik concept would be insanely fun.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
what's a player banlist
arcadian = no top players in the region can enter
last time it was strictly the top 10
this time its like the top 10 but lets keep banning the people we think would have a good chance of winning but not some of the other guys because reasons

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>Fall asleep at about 3 AM
>Suddenly shot awake by loud banging noise
>It's the door
>Check who it is
>It's my oldest brother
>Let him in and question why he didn't use his keys
>"I left my keys at home"
>Aight that's fine
>Turns out he's drunk as ****
>Starts blasting music and playing poker with his two drunk friends
>At ****ing 4 AM
>MFW

I've never wanted to choke someone so badly.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The graphic goes perfectly with the event.

I can understand having a low tier or newbie tournament so inexperienced or mediocre players can get their feet wet without being destroyed, but arbitrarily banning whoever you deem the top 10-15 so your chances go up?

That sounds like some shady bull**** to me that is ripe for abuse.

Last edited:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a logical explanation for how the hell poo gets on the underside of the toilet seat

Not smears, but like specs of it

Because the only thing I can think of is that it's caused by someone having rocket propelled diarrhea, where the poo hits the water with such force some of it bounces back and hits the underside

But that makes no sense, since surely that person would fly through the ceiling at that point

Maybe rocket diarrhea with a shotgun spread?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Arcadians are a blast if you actually have a good rule set.

What we did for the melee one was that you can't have been on any pr (in az or else where) since post brawl release. It worked out well tbh, other than the fact sanchaz didn't tell us he was PR in Chicago land at one point (he had just moved here) and he to it free lol.

Pm was similar, can't have been on a pm pr at any point (we had one exception but that was a specific case from when the scene was too small to have a top 10). Went well too, a melee pr member won but he went all pm characters (it was the weekend 3.5 dropped so we still went 3.02, zard/mk/ike).

Banning OoS is fine imo as long as you're consistent lol. Ban PR and ex PR, not individuals lol.

Actually, we did ban forward from entering unless he went all ike because that actually would have been incredibly un fair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom