• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Potemkin for life, Nerds. I didn't pick the grappler lifestyle and i wish it didn't pick me why are all my characters low tier

Player -0

Smash Hero
Guys help

So I was sitting in my room, on my bed when I hear this paper move. I don't think much of it until I remember, cockroaches do that sometimes. I look across the room to see this cockroach waddling toward me. My bed is on the floor so I'm terrified af. I grab a nearby comic book and go for the KO while it's in the open space. I miss it by like, 3 inches. It scurries towards the desk situation right by my bed. There's some books below so it hide by that. After 5 minutes of spazzing and trying to bait it without it running towards my bed it escapes into the dark hallway. I get up and start to reach my hand towards the light switch out in the hall when I remember they climb walls. Spooky hopping and I get the light on. I think it goes down the stairs and try to check without falling (slid book down) when I see it chilling on the side of the wall under the railing. Intense staring begins until 5 seconds later it freaking jumps off and FLIES/glides downstairs. I hop downstairs to try to kill it but it's gone. Sending this from middle of empty space with a table in the middle. Going to sleep on table.

tl;dr - don't drop punishes and burn your house down.

Seriously cockroaches are OP af. Please send help.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
@ Player -0 Player -0 Our only option is to evacuate the planet earth, no one is safe from cockroaches when they disappear.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Player -0 Player -0 Our only option is to evacuate the planet earth, no one is safe from cockroaches when they disappear.
Or...one could just call in exterminators to kill all of the roaches on the premises/in any nests and be done with it.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Or...one could just call in exterminators to kill all of the roaches on the premises/in any nests and be done with it.
We don't have enough exterminators to kill all the roaches on the premises of the earth.

In other news:
ゴゴゴゴ JOJO HYPE ゴゴゴゴ

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
my final smash makes the enemy so frustrated that they put me on ignore and then for the next ten seconds I'm invisible

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Binary is just going to keep showing up and saying he found a girl and they have already had sex like 3 times.

And Mad is just going to keep asking how.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For a beginning player, imo -

Easy - Sol, Ky, Faust, Slayer, Axl, Potemkin

Middle - Sin, May, Elphelt, Leo, Bedman

Difficult - Millia, Chipp, Venom, I-no, Ramlethal

Very difficult - Zato

But all that really matters is that you pick a character you enjoy. If you really like Venom, regardless how complex he seems now, I say stick with him. Get familiar with his pool ball formations and how they react when hit with different normals, and start looking how to apply them in zoning and in pressure. Gamegenie's vid above of Fino can give you an idea of what he plays like. Venom's very much a momentum-based character. He has no problem zoning you out during neutral, but once he gets a knockdown and has balls moving, he can be downright scary.

May is incredibly solid and super fun btw.
I think I might switch this around a bit:

Sin down to Easy, Bedman up to Difficult, Slayer to Mid (because his dash stuff is not intuitive)...
I actually find I-no pretty intuitive in this game (Xrd) where I had no idea how to do half the stuff before, so I might lower her to Middle as well.

I wish I enjoyed playing GG more. ;_; It's super entertaining to watch and seeing Kazunoko dunk people with Sol and Ky at Final Round was super fun.

At least I have Akatsuki and UNIEL. (Buffed in next version, mother****ers)

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I hate making spaghetti. When I throw the noodles at the wall to see if they stick, they just tech it.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I get so irrationally bitter when I hear someone good has switched mains to a better character and I don't know why and I hate that part of me

Maybe it's because 1. I'm a scrub who doesn't understand optimal play yet and/or 2. I went in the opposite direction by switching to a worse character solely because of a love for the character's style

Whichever reasons it is, it's still disheartening that after all I've learned I still have such a scrubby emotional attitude

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Have you ever heard the Legend of Sanford Kelly if so that will explain all your questions. Better characters tend to have more options and sometimes scumbaggerish options, better damage reward, better neutral game and sometimes cookie cutter neutral, easier to play, better matchups,etc etc. When people are trying to win they will pick the most optimal characters to win, characters that fit their playstyles or their favorites. In the end of the game board and trail of de struggle it's about getting that W and if you enjoy the trail to reach that destination.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
In Melee I love all non top tier mains on one hand but on the other hate them because I'd love to see them winning without having to doubt whether MU inexperience had something to do with it. I get enough of that in PM as it is.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The fox mains in my crew sans medz all have low tier true mains we'd rather play. Gnw is my true passion, Kali plays bowser and JJ loves those zelda kicks. Fox is only fun up to a point tbh. Tom Tom put it well once, " Fox is my 9-5, bowser is my weekend." Finding the ballance between character love and viability is hard, I'm jelly of people who have it with top tiers lol.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I googled Sanford Kelly and all I can find is some sponsorship stuff, his twitter, and something about him throwing a fight stick

Edit: His twitter seems to have him somewhat ranting that US needs more top tier players in SF or something

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

This is what I'm referring with that legend talk the game is vanilla SF4 but the message is still the same and can be applied to many FG's. He was mainly talking about U.S top players needs more top tier characters under their belt IIRC but I haven't been keeping up on the smash or FGC twitterverse as of lately so I may be wrong.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Going to my second pm tournament tommorow, probably going to get ****ed again but I'm hoping it won't go as bad as last time where I SD'd the last stock every time

Can't play on netplay to practice since I'm at my moms and my laptop cant run PM, and I spent the entire week playing dota instead of practicing. On the positive side, I learned how to DACUS and spent some time figuring out %s where certain combos can and cant work as zss

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Last Jojo episode was really cool.
We got to see ROAD ROLLER DA with budget!
But not even one teaser for part 4? David Pro
reactions whats wrong with you kid.png

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
So he's important or something? I know now that he's a somewhat prominent figure in the FGC but I didn't learn anything new about top tiers from that interview thing. Guess I'm stuck being a playstyle loyalist

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
I HAVE NO WORDS APPROPRIATE FOR THIS SITE.

I'd put that in my signature but then I'd look like a creep. I'm no Strong Bad.
do it you can quote the context and then its just funny

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
He's a top player so people will look at him of course but he was one of the Marvel 2 gods and a old Tekken head as well mainly from Tag 1 and Tekken 5.0/Tekken 5 DR as well. That stuff is mainly gonna be for high level stuff though so it's all up to you but once you get to those levels you will start to see that type of stuff more clearly.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Binary is just going to keep showing up and saying he found a girl and they have already had sex like 3 times.

And Mad is just going to keep asking how.
Well...You see....When a man is attracted to a woman and the woman is attracted to the man, they become involved in a very, very physical interaction.

So Binary and his gal probably started off in a personal location like a bedroom. The mood settling in. Both undressing, preparing themselves for the exhilarating, intense, no ease, and down to your knees end of the night. Then, as then they went in close to commence the embrace that would even bring God to smile upon....BRRRAPPPLEEDOUUGH

The locked door slams open. The darkness of the room gives the strong looking figure no identity. The figure then turns the light switch and it is none other than the 15th-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, two-time Mr. Money in the Bank winner, and current US Champion, John Cena. Binary and his gal lock eyes. They know. The odds are stacked against Cena as he is pitted in a two on one match. A beat of sweat drops from Cena's face. He says "You can't see me." Binary then runs towards Cena, performing a textbook flying bodycross. Cena takes the bodycross but captures Binary and keeps his balance. He then lifts Binary on his shoulders and prepares to end it all with an Attitude Adjustment. Seizing the opportunity, the woman who was isolated far off into the bedroom, spears Cena through the drywall of the bedroom and moved into the living room. All three laid motionless with her laying on top of Cena. Overcoming the odds placed in front of him, Cena kicks out at two. He then stands up and performs a perfect Five-Knuckle Shuffle on the gal. He then performs an Attitude Adjustment on her out the second story window. He then walks over to Binary. He rolls him over and locks in the STF, the most feared submission move in the business.

"BAH GAWD. BINARY JUST WON'T QUIT. I'LL TELL YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, HE'S ONE TOUGH S.O.B." It is none other than the white meat babyface from Oklahoma, Jumpin' Jim Ross. Watching from the destoryed window wall, he is joined on the flying commentator's table by Vampiro. "BOY. I TELL YOU BROTHER. THIS IS ONE HELL OF A MATCH." As Binary is losing consciousness, he remembered the teaching of the wrestling legend, Hulk Hogan. "LISTEN HERE DUDEBROTHERJACK. WHEN I BODYSLAMMED ANDRE THE GIANT IN FRONT OF 20 MILLION HULKAMANICS, I FELT THE POWER OF ALL THOSE LITTLE BROTHERS CHEERING ME. NOW EAT YOUR VITAMINS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS, BROTHER." Cena couldn't believe it. Binary was breaking out of the STF, the move that no one has ever broken out of. Then, in one moment, Binary used all his energy and broke the STF. Binary got up and started hulking up. Cena sensed the situation and attempted to it before he finished. He threw out a jab. Didn't work. He threw another. No luck. He threw one final punch that had all the might he could give in it. Binary took it and then retaliated by throwing out his finger and pointed at Cena. "YOU" said Binary as he waved his finger in a "No" manner. Cena then ran towards Binary. He then realized he ran into a trap but it was too late. Binary gave Cena the Big Boot. Taking what was present before him, he gave Cena the Leg Drop that would end the gods themselves. He covered Cena.

1!
2!
Right as the third count reach the mouth of the speaker, Cena kicks out at 2.99.

"Now if my client, BROOOOCCCKKKK LEESSSSSNNNNNAAAAAAAARRRRRRR, was in this match, everyone would have gotten a first class trip to Suplex City" spoke the father of extreme, Paul Heyman. Binary couldn't believe it. Not even the power of Hulkamania could beat Cena. He then remembered the most basic thing about Cena. The one thing he shouldn't have forgotten: CENAWINSLOL. As he realized this, he came face to face with Cena. Cena motioned his hand in front of his face and said "You can't see me." Cena lifted Binary once more on his shoulder and performed an Attitude Adjustment that silenced all the nonbeliever.

1!
2!
3!

"HE'S DONE IT! HE'S DONE IT! CENA'S OVERCOME THE ODDS!" screamed Jim Ross. Cena's theme kicked in. A mix of cheers and boos boomed over a twenty mile radius of the match. The referee raised Cena's hand in victory and declared him the winner. He then walked over to Binary who was still on the floor, recovering from an earth-shattering slam. "THE CHAMP IS HERE" is all of what Binary heard before passing out, having the most physical, grueling, match of his life.

And that @ SpiderMad SpiderMad is how it went.

Top Bottom