• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I don't really mind marriage being back since it was hugely popular, and some fun to do on the side.

Just don't give me goddamn time traveling kids again please because that is just bad writing.
So if kids are returning and we can't time skip, does that mean I have to raise a baby?
Waifu can take the child support **** I've got an army to run!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I like that existing outside in arizona can create serious health risks

I used to always get mad that people from arizona would always hang out in central ontario during the summer (to the point where, in my small canadian town, every vehicle was like a 50/50 if it came from ontario or arizona) but if I lived somewhere where summer was a 120 degree hellhole I'd pack it up and go north too

zman804

Smash Ace
Tfw you walk across your cement backyard to talk to your grandma who lives in our guest house and you burn your feet.

Whoever decided to first settle here must have been ********, or came in the late fall and thought it was that nice year round.
No it's fine tho

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If Guilty Gear is too hard for you try Blazblue, not to say it's easy mode Guilty Gear but it has a lot of tutorials to help you get good lol
Would you look at that, "new" blazeblue coming out the 30th. was going to pick it up

But it's good.
Yeah It is. I went into this thinking I was going to try to play venom but he's so hard, thinking either Axl or Slayer because they seem simpler. May is adorable but she just feels bad. Haven't done much research into xrd tbh, but its awesome.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
There was a bouquet of roses on my work desk when I came in after lunch. There was a card that was signed:

For those who don't know, that's "B" in binary. As far as I can tell, there's roughly 4 people it could be. Time to put my detective skills to work.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The language of...love? Can one truly write/program this?

Speaking of roses, got my fiancee a nice little vase of single stem jobbies with beautiful blooms. Can't wait to see her tonight.

Smooth Criminal

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Would you look at that, "new" blazeblue coming out the 30th. was going to pick it up

Yeah It is. I went into this thinking I was going to try to play venom but he's so hard, thinking either Axl or Slayer because they seem simpler. May is adorable but she just feels bad. Haven't done much research into xrd tbh, but its awesome.
Damn Venom he's solid but complex. When learning you do have to learn his ball placements and learning how to TK( Tiger Knee) Mad Struggle for instant overheads and dealing with folks in your face cause of his lack of reversals outside of dead angle to get people outta your face. Axl is decent now with the recent patch like Resen YRC, j Dust wallsticking, 2H knockdown on CH and his unblockable is no longer a charge input but he's a weird common character for serious players first starting out before flocking to different characters and share a similar problem with Venom in which he hates people in his face but at least he has a DP and counters but his pressure is dependent on frame traps and what not. Slayer is fun and hurts alot once he touches you but has a few combos requiring links and can have trouble getting in. IDK about May lol.

Speaking of Venom here's a vid of Venom player Fino in the recent patch.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't really mind marriage being back since it was hugely popular, and some fun to do on the side.

Just don't give me goddamn time traveling kids again please because that is just bad writing.
They should be a post game thing. That would be cool. Oooooh, what if they were a game link feature for the next FE game, would be sick.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There was a bouquet of roses on my work desk when I came in after lunch. There was a card that was signed:

For those who don't know, that's "B" in binary. As far as I can tell, there's roughly 4 people it could be. Time to put my detective skills to work.
That sounds annoying. If I were in your position I would go, "Wow that's silly." Then go back to my life.

Helsong

Smash Ace
A secret admirer is.
..Knowing someone might have affection for you is annoying?

Besides, the roses were yellow.

EDIT: lol nevermind. Apparently it's not supposed to be "B", it's "66". My research advisor informed be it was actually three students who left the roses. Why 66?

No ****ing clue. I do remember giving out that grade on a few assignments over the spring semester, though.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
shoutouts to grown *** men going to furry conventions melee/PM tourneys
I mean I don't think us playing a decade+ old game and a mod ensures that kids will basically never get to reasonably use 90% of our respective products

as much as we try, given the sexual nature of this thread popping up regularly

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Just the letter "B"?

Hmm...

...You sure it wasn't this guy?

Player -0

Smash Hero
@ bec bec Ayy. Pixel art? Since it's summer I'm trying to get more stuff done for it. I had finished 2 things during school but haven't really done anything big. I'm "working" on something bigger right now. It's really uhguhg. I'm /heavily/ referencing a picture for the final frame but I'm going to wing it for the other 6 or so frames.

Something that I've realized is that my two thingies are both 8 frames long.
Master Sword: http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/cc7d0530-161f-11e5-816a-cb6f3295dffe.gif
Umad: http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/d8320242-ceae-11e4-b112-5bfbb68c2d8f.gif

What are you using to do it?

Vashimus

Smash Master
For a beginning player, imo -

Easy - Sol, Ky, Faust, Slayer, Axl, Potemkin

Middle - Sin, May, Elphelt, Leo, Bedman

Difficult - Millia, Chipp, Venom, I-no, Ramlethal

Very difficult - Zato

But all that really matters is that you pick a character you enjoy. If you really like Venom, regardless how complex he seems now, I say stick with him. Get familiar with his pool ball formations and how they react when hit with different normals, and start looking how to apply them in zoning and in pressure. Gamegenie's vid above of Fino can give you an idea of what he plays like. Venom's very much a momentum-based character. He has no problem zoning you out during neutral, but once he gets a knockdown and has balls moving, he can be downright scary.

May is incredibly solid and super fun btw.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Vashimus Vashimus I took offense/got triggered at one part of that list. Potemkin IS easy...to play at basic levels.
He's the inverse of easy to play efficiently with/win with against people who know what they are doing.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@ bec bec Ayy. Pixel art? Since it's summer I'm trying to get more stuff done for it. I had finished 2 things during school but haven't really done anything big. I'm "working" on something bigger right now. It's really uhguhg. I'm /heavily/ referencing a picture for the final frame but I'm going to wing it for the other 6 or so frames.

Something that I've realized is that my two thingies are both 8 frames long.
Master Sword: http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/cc7d0530-161f-11e5-816a-cb6f3295dffe.gif
Umad: http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/d8320242-ceae-11e4-b112-5bfbb68c2d8f.gif

What are you using to do it?
nice! i havent dabbled too much in animation. i use photoshop cs5 and a wacom create tablet. start large canvas with a regular brush sketch and then size it down and pixel brush over it.

Vashimus

Smash Master
@ Vashimus Vashimus I took offense/got triggered at one part of that list. Potemkin IS easy...to play at basic levels.
He's the inverse of easy to play efficiently with/win with against people who know what they are doing.
I know, but that's the case with most of the "easy" characters. Like Ky's got great neutral and pressure, but his lackluster mixup ability really shows its cracks in high level, to the point where he almost has to play perfectly. When starting out though, he's still a good choice.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

that's disgustingly adorable please stop having such a great life pls n thx
This is the best intro to a match i've ever heard
lmao
For a beginning player, imo -

Easy - Sol, Ky, Faust, Slayer, Axl, Potemkin

Middle - Sin, May, Axl, Elphelt, Leo, Bedman

Difficult - Millia, Chipp, Venom, I-no, Ramlethal

Very difficult - Zato

But all that really matters is that you pick a character you enjoy. If you really like Venom, regardless how complex he seems now, I say stick with him. Get familiar with his pool ball formations and how they react when hit with different normals, and start looking how to apply them in zoning and in pressure. Gamegenie's vid above of Fino can give you an idea of what he plays like. Venom's very much a momentum-based character. He has no problem zoning you out during neutral, but once he gets a knockdown and has balls moving, he can be downright scary.

May is incredibly solid and super fun btw.
what I've learned from following Viscant on twitter is that Elphelt is a. cool b. totally not a waifu c. is badass and has grenades
what I've learned from watching american streams of gg is that Elphelt is a. not cool b. fanservice and c. annoying as all hell to fight

Top Bottom