• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
He is acting like Shielding has to be this really amazing defense option when there are ways to defend more dynamically.
And if Fox is approaching aggressively, you are allowed to shield it, Nair is bigger than shine and now Fox's safest option is WD back to regain space and that can snowball into lots of space for the non spacie and if you play RPS correctly you start a combo on him.

Guessing dtilt but that is hardly comparable to spacies nair in range.
Late fair/cross-up nair/dtilt are all really good on block. Even stuff like late uair can be good.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
so pms look at the pixel work ive been doing recently. most of these are requests or commissions but theres some of my own stuff in there too
in other news im a huge furry apparently, idk i just like drawing critters

whatcha think
Amazing stuff here, bec! This kinda came outta nowhere, but you're really good at this! :D

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
so pms look at the pixel work ive been doing recently. most of these are requests or commissions but theres some of my own stuff in there too

whatcha think
>lucario main
>unaware of being a furry

...wat

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Late fair/cross-up nair/dtilt are all really good on block. Even stuff like late uair can be good.
How late, late enough to be grabbed or jabbed before you attack?
Sounds like Marth putting himself in a position he doesn't want to be in.

Cross up nair you surely can't grab them after, right?

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I like this guy
Jeez. This is something I'd expect from TotalBiscuit after a very bad day.
Anyway, he makes great points, but I'm kinda mixed on some things.

I'm glad FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 are things, but I hate how the fanboys and consumers were being taken advantage of. Not sure how to express that outside of tweeting things...

Edit: Here's something ironically less cynical coming from TB regarding E3.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I think you really underestimate the power of dash dancing as a defensive option. Marth is #3 for basically that reason plus disjoint, none of his moves are safe on shield.
this is a situation where the difference between safe on block and positive on block are very important. marth has lots of stuff that's safe on block but that's just because he has a big enough disjoint to stay out of range of the enemy's oos options and not because they are positive on block

short hop nair out of a dash from fox has a lot more range than marths d-tilt it just isn't as disjointed

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
somebody buy me food i only have 10 bux left, but i need it for tomorrow

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

whatcha think
All this furry talk reminds me that I found out my little sister is a furry a year ago, I make fun of her about it sometimes but then she reminds me that I'm a yuri fanboy and I shut up. :p

Lizalfos

Smash Master
this is a situation where the difference between safe on block and positive on block are very important. marth has lots of stuff that's safe on block but that's just because he has a big enough disjoint to stay out of range of the enemy's oos options and not because they are positive on block

short hop nair out of a dash from fox has a lot more range than marths d-tilt it just isn't as disjointed
Oh, that's a bit different than approaching, possibly improving position/pressure and then capitalizing.

So yeah, the way Marth plays.

Bleck

Smash Master
he was talking about the slippery slope, it's literally the part of the quote he emphasized
yeah that

Also;

that said, bleck is doing that thing where he avoids actually making his side of the argument
I'm not going to actually make those points
bro

Also shield pressuring people is fun. I haven't really experienced this with Sm4sh, so I don't have much fun with the game.
That's cool - I think there's a huge difference between saying "I prefer this" and "this is better", where the former is ~okay~ and the latter is ~no good~.

Also;

I think you really underestimate the power of dash dancing as a defensive option.
Dash dancing is weaving in and out of your opponent's space, so that affirms what he was saying.
yeah that

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Guys, I think I might have done something horribly dangerous.

I've attempted to try and reason with a toobiggles. On YouTube comments.
BOOMSHAKALAKA.png

May Sakurai Lord Ridley protect me from the braincell loss that may ensue from this act. :p
EDIT: I'm severely hoping my use of explicitives in the comment doesn't count as an attempt at censor-dodging.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I never want Ridley to appear in a smash game because I dislike his overzealous fanbase and wish nothing but malice towards them

Bleck

Smash Master
And people stating examples of combos immediately jump to marvel, ignoring the fact that marvel 2 had one of the most beloved/exciting combo/reset systems
My mistake - when I said Marvel, I was specifically talking about UMVC3. I don't think MVC2 is as bad as UMVC3 for what I'm talking about.

You could make Ridley like a quarter of Samus' size, but as long as he's still violent, sadistic, brutal and retains everything his character, that pint-sized ******* would STILL be Ridley as long as he retains those crucial elements.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
thank you ;v; just kind of started back up on pixelling and stuff after a while
Awww, no probs buddy. :3 -huggles- You've kinda got me in the mood to do some art stuff now. Might have to whip out my pens and ink my thoughts and ideas out. <3

By the way, when do you think the next time I could hang with you and your lovable jerkface (Hey @Umbreon ¦D) could be? I've been wanting to see you both again, squeezehug the life out of you and play some games or watch stuff. Especially since I'm doing fun stuff to celebrate getting the Kohl's job. XD

Just wanted to plan ahead first to see what'd be convenient. I wouldn't mind trying this weekend, but I'd probably shoot for next weekend instead so I have money.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I kinda liked larval Ridley. Characterized him as manipulative and cunning without power. Strongest baby in the universe.

Edit: Bleck, can you address why a game with OK shielding, but other good defensive options like dash dancing are better than a game where every dash is a comitment to RPS using shield grab?

One is far more dynamic, I assure you.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
he was also totes adorbs

Bleck, can you address why a game with OK shielding, but other good defensive options like dash dancing are better than a game where every dash is a comitment to RPS using shield grab?

One is far more dynamic, I assure you.
I have no idea what you're asking me here, try rewriting that request please

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
ridley's still too big you know
don't really care what persona you've attached to him and use to drown out his other attributes
but
he's too big

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
This game looks so good, I'm sad I don't have any current gen system or a good pc to play it on, I'll have to get the 360 version if I want to play it.
I love how Snake takes the tapes by just slapping the radio.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wow, BBoss loves goats.
Edit: not going to watch more because I still have yet to complete a single entry in the series.
Edit2: and the Yandere sim guy should have done all the demonstration trailers at e3. "Normally, sneaking through a heavily guarded base would be very difficult, but because I know the developers, I can cheat."

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Awww, no probs buddy. :3 -huggles- You've kinda got me in the mood to do some art stuff now. Might have to whip out my pens and ink my thoughts and ideas out. <3

By the way, when do you think the next time I could hang with you and your lovable jerkface (Hey @Umbreon ¦D) could be? I've been wanting to see you both again, squeezehug the life out of you and play some games or watch stuff. Especially since I'm doing fun stuff to celebrate getting the Kohl's job. XD

Just wanted to plan ahead first to see what'd be convenient. I wouldn't mind trying this weekend, but I'd probably shoot for next weekend instead so I have money.
radical 8)) i should do more traditional stuff sometime, i still have all my old prismas in my cloest...

hmm well the arcadian is this saturday, he works during the week now, as do i for the most part so its a little tough i guess. we'll figure something out soon tho.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
ridley's still too big you know
don't really care what persona you've attached to him and use to drown out his other attributes
but
he's too big
...In other words...
She's here now, I'll ask her. She says, "You were fun to play smash with." I guess that's it guys.
How to get girls:
(Spoiler'd for profanity)
Fixed.
Welp. Marriage and children are confirmed to return in Fire Emblem Fates now.

Praise be!~

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't really mind marriage being back since it was hugely popular, and some fun to do on the side.

Just don't give me goddamn time traveling kids again please because that is just bad writing.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I don't really mind marriage being back since it was hugely popular, and some fun to do on the side.

Just don't give me goddamn time traveling kids again please because that is just bad writing.
Granted, the only possible way I can see it working outside of BS time-travel is maybe a Genealogy system coming into play. However, that would put up a lot of possible narrative twists that haven't been mentioned to my knowledge.

Also, how exactly do they plan on characterizing Nohr? I get the the Oriental-esque Hoshido folks are meant to be peaceful yada yada, but does that mean the folks based on Roman/European dynasties will be explicitly evil? That's a really lame trope to pull if that's the case, since the European-based fictional dynasties get slammed into the lower half of the "Good Will" scale in these stories a good deal of the time. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Need to pull a FE4 and wipe them out.

Bazkip

Smash Master
hmm well the arcadian is this saturday
Oh yeah that reminds me, friend of mine will be in Dallas from the 19th till the 27th. He probably can't make it out to any IaB but he might be able to go to the arcadian. He's a Falcon main that goes by What!, so if any of you Texas folk see him say hi :p

Draco_The

Smash Lord
This game looks so good, I'm sad I don't have any current gen system or a good pc to play it on, I'll have to get the 360 version if I want to play it.
I love how Snake takes the tapes by just slapping the radio.
You don't need a NASA computer or anything like that to play the game though. Ground Zeroes' port was ridiculously well done.
Edit: not going to watch more because I still have yet to complete a single entry in the series.
Then what the actual **** are you doing here?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lol its over 115 today

I volenteered for more hours on the lake too, everything is canceled though, middle aged out of shape people who don't bring water with them are very prone to heat stroke

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Tfw you walk across your cement backyard to talk to your grandma who lives in our guest house and you burn your feet.

Whoever decided to first settle here must have been ********, or came in the late fall and thought it was that nice year round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom