• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Bleh, that name is from when I was like 13. :l I really wanted to get away from it.
Then you should have thought drive before becoming Son of ****ery.
Sometime after I'm done butchering your name.

Should actually be free most of this week, depending on how long this cold keeps me feeling crappy.

Sick Shadic = Raspier voice, though.
Ladies love the raspy voice. Try to sound like Batman. "Where is she 3.6?"

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm glad I never had an embarrassing edgy teen angst username, I've been mansta8 since 5th grade and I never had to change.

I guess changing it from being all caps counts as a change but w/e.
Same here; I made up the name SaxophoneofTime in 6th grade and people always compliment it at tournaments to this day.

View attachment 57808

I feel like I should celebrate but being on a cut crosses out the luxury of having pizza/cakes.
Tell me about the principles of astronomy.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters
SEAM 2015 for USF4. IDK where they are in the bracket but I'm guessing top 8 as I just got home from a smashfest along with some VOD's on YT already.

EDIT: And a really salty match from the event.
That Makoto player was an idiot

He literally has an attack that launches him forward enough to hit the Hugo after he claps

"BUT NAH IMMA DO THIS FLIP KICK **** EVENTHOUGH HE MOVES BACK OUT OF RANGE EVERY TIME"

Vashimus

Smash Master
That Makoto player was an idiot

He literally has an attack that launches him forward enough to hit the Hugo after he claps

"BUT NAH IMMA DO THIS FLIP KICK **** EVENTHOUGH HE MOVES BACK OUT OF RANGE EVERY TIME"
forward MP - doesn't reach

forward HP - not quick enough

forward LK - doesn't reach

forward MK - not quick enough

forward HK - suicide

HP Hayate - not quick enough, gets 360'd for free if blocked

EX Hayate - best option, but costs meter that would probably be best used to do big damage/stun later

Tsurugi (axe kick) is great for controlling space, though you can get backbreaker'd for it.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
forward MP - doesn't reach

forward HP - not quick enough

forward LK - not quick enough

forward MK - not quick enough

forward HK - suicide

HP Hayate - not quick enough, gets 360'd for free if blocked

EX Hayate - best option, but costs meter that would probably be best used to do big damage/stun later

Tsurugi (axe kick) is great for controlling space, though you can get backbreaker'd for it.
LP Palm Bomber has 15 frames startup , 4 active frames, then 12 recovery
MP Palm Bomber has 19 frames startup, 4 active , 6 recovery
HP Palm Bomber has 24 frames startup, 4 active, 5 recovery

HP Lvl 1 Hayate has 20 frames start up, 5 active, 19 recovery

HP Hayate will flat out beat LP and MP Palm if you do it by frame 7, and will beat HP if you do it by frame 3 ( kind of stretching it,) but the optimal timing would be on frame 8 ( Hayate would come out the last frame of Hugo's clap)

Not even to mention that if the Makoto felt like they were gonna **** up they could just cancel it at any time for free with a kick button

Vashimus

Smash Master
LP Palm Bomber has 15 frames startup , 4 active frames, then 12 recovery
MP Palm Bomber has 19 frames startup, 4 active , 6 recovery
HP Palm Bomber has 24 frames startup, 4 active, 5 recovery

HP Lvl 1 Hayate has 20 frames start up, 5 active, 19 recovery

HP Hayate will flat out beat LP and MP Palm if you do it by frame 7, and will beat HP if you do it by frame 3 ( kind of stretching it,) but the optimal timing would be on frame 8 ( Hayate would come out the last frame of Hugo's clap)

Not even to mention that if the Makoto felt like they were gonna **** up they could just cancel it at any time for free with a kick button
You can't cancel a Hayate after you realized you messed up. I would like to have seen feints to get the Hugo scared though, I'll agree there.

Even looking at the frames, it's not even really worth it though. I just hang back, chop for meter and see what he does.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You can't cancel a Hayate after you realized you messed up. I would like to have seen some feints from though to get them scared.

Even looking at the frames, it's not even worth it. Just sit back, chop for meter and see what he does.
You have an entire 20 frames dude. 20 frames is a LONG time in game. Hell, he could have even just held the button to charge it a bit if he didnt think it was gonna happen at the right time. The guy had a ton of options with the move, but didnt use any of them.

Vashimus

Smash Master
You have an entire 20 frames dude. 20 frames is a LONG time in game. Hell, he could have even just held the button to charge it a bit if he didnt think it was gonna happen at the right time. The guy had a ton of options with the move, but didnt use any of them.
He probably got too afraid to challenge it when he tried stuffing earlier and got clapped like 5 times. I don't really blame him, it's a pretty tough matchup overall.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Welp did my second tourney yesterday

My goal was to make it out of pools and I managed to do that. FIrst pools match I faced a ganon and realized that I have a really bad time against him as zss, like I've faced countless ganons on netplay and everytime I don't do well. I'm not sure what the problem is, I think it might be that I think my attacks will beat out his but then he throws out an attack that hits lower than mine. Then I went against a wolf player, I did pretty well the first match but he was complaining that his cstick wasnt working properly (no one does button checks for some reason), next match we fixed it by replugging the controller. He had a comeback near the end even though he SD twice, but he ended up SDing again so I ended up winning. He probably should've won but eh I take those. Next pool match I dominated this lucario, which was pretty good for my confidence but I think it might have been bad for his because he was looking pretty down after it.

Pools ended, and my first match in the top 32 bracket was against this drunk dude playing snake. Lost the first game but it was down to one stock, both of us over 100%, so it could've ended either way. Second game he picked ganon and based on my other games I decided to drop zss for that match and pick sonic. Ended up doing really well against his ganon, obviously he was drunk and probably not too great at ganon past some friendlies but overall my playstyle felt better against ganon when I was playing sonic. Stayed sonic again and he picked ike and I regretted staying sonic from the start, he was doing things that I could've easily punished as zss but I had a hard time punishing them as sonic due to not really practicing sonic much. So I ended up in losers and faced a charizard who actually had a pocket zss so he knew the matchup pretty well, and me never facing a charizard had matchup inexperience. Ended up losing that one

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Would you a universe? I know universe-kun was very hot.

I know a certain preist that would.

Helsong

Smash Ace
The universe is a beautiful lady. Have you seen those stars? The fire? The depth of her mind?

On another note, I started playing metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Holy **** this game is just awesome. The gameplay is fantastic, the combat challenging and deep, and the music is just adrenaline pumping(RULES OF NATURE). So awesome. I still have the music from the Blade Wolf boss fight pumping in my head.

Platinum is very quickly becoming my new favorite game developer.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The combat will wear on you; I can only chop baddies up and rip their spinal columns out so many times before it became a sea of monotony. Combat felt kind of repetitive after a while, even moreso than other games in the genre. The story also makes me rankle a little bit, but whatever, it's not a HUGE deal since it isn't supposed to be MGS 1:1. Just feels kinda...flat. And I usually enjoy revenge stories.

However, all of the boss fights in Rising are really fun. They made the game for me. Super, super creative with the game mechanics, and they require both dexterity AND thought to execute.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
20 frames is reactable even for people with terrible reactions times like me
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/2878-millia-mixup-blocker-flash-app/

Have fun.

FIrst pools match I faced a ganon and realized that I have a really bad time against him as zss, like I've faced countless ganons on netplay and everytime I don't do well. I'm not sure what the problem is
Stop throwing yourself at him. He's going to win trades, he's going to get meaty punishes if he reads your approaches. Be patient and chip away with safe options until you can get a solid punish/conversion. Run circles around him if you have to.

Helsong

Smash Ace
The combat will wear on you; I can only chop baddies up and rip their spinal columns out so many times before it became a sea of monotony. Combat felt kind of repetitive after a while, even moreso than other games in the genre. The story also makes me rankle a little bit, but whatever, it's not a HUGE deal since it isn't supposed to be MGS 1:1. Just feels kinda...flat. And I usually enjoy revenge stories.

However, all of the boss fights in Rising are really fun. They made the game for me. Super, super creative with the game mechanics, and they require both dexterity AND thought to execute.

Smooth Criminal
Honestly, I think just switching up my weapons will give me enough incentive to enjoy the fights. Although it does wrinkle me that there's not any incentive to switch up your fighting styles in the first place.

The story doesn't bother me, despite being an avid MGS fan. MGR is it's own game, and I think setting it a few years after MGS4 helps distance it, and for the better, in my opinion. Let's be honest: MGS4's plot was...kinda messy. Better that the game did it's own thing. The revenge plot is...honestly, I forgot what it is we're supposed to be avenging, but who gives a ****, I want to slice people up like a badass while metal blares in the background.

And I agree on the boss battles. Just beat Monsoon. Whoo boy, I don't think I've actually loved fighting bosses in a game this much since Dark Souls. It's like..it's like I'm playing a 3d Megaman Zero Game, and that's awesome.

I should play more Platinum games(I've played Bayonetta), but there aren't any(I think?) on PC. Any other games of this genre that are worth checking out(on PC)?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Monsoon and Jetstream Sam's theme that is all.
The universe is a beautiful lady. Have you seen those stars? The fire? The depth of her mind?

On another note, I started playing metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Holy **** this game is just awesome. The gameplay is fantastic, the combat challenging and deep, and the music is just adrenaline pumping(RULES OF NATURE). So awesome. I still have the music from the Blade Wolf boss fight pumping in my head.

Platinum is very quickly becoming my new favorite game developer.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Jetstream Sam's theme is also good, but I've only heard it once so far, and it was a scripted battle anyway. I don't remember Monsoon's theme as much as Rules of Nature and I'm My Own Master Now.

Platinum needs to put more of their games on PC. Glad to see Transformers:Devastation is going to be.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
But was it strong?
Very. There's strong, and then there's universe strong.

And bothered.

;)
Would you a universe? I know universe-kun was very hot.

I know a certain preist that would.
Sounds amazing....But do you guys think that there is a...Mr. Universe involved?

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I think a Mr. Universe and a Mrs. Universe became very great friends, and their love is what sparked all life into existence.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
What's happened with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch? I miss it
it was replaced with something actually useful.

for max disrespect learn to use dtaunt. it's not as flexible a disrespect option, but it has stupid superarmor on the swing. literally, superarmor, as in it can't be broken.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
it was replaced with something actually useful.

for max disrespect learn to use dtaunt. it's not as flexible a disrespect option, but it has stupid superarmor on the swing. literally, superarmor, as in it can't be broken.
1. I find it useful as Lucario's PM Down.-B, USELESS.
2. Already tested it, but that's slower and weaker than his old Warlock Punch.
Maybe later i'll try restoring his warlock punch, because, everyone, frenchulbystupidmagic useless cape attack.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
1. I find it useful as Lucario's PM Down.-B, USELESS.
2. Already tested it, but that's slower and weaker than his old Warlock Punch.
Maybe later i'll try restoring his warlock punch, because, everyone, frenchulbystupidmagic useless cape attack.
your wrong

im using my bleck powers right now

Last edited:
Top Bottom